Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) 16:37 - Aug 26 with 12794 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 16:42 - Aug 26 with 6609 viewsKentish_Tractor

No he isn't. He does a hell of a lot of good work in that midfield protecting the back 4, and nobody ever gives him the credit he deserves for that.

Reference today - What do you expect when it's 3 v 2 in central midfield for Fulham and we have strikers rather than midfielders on the wings providing little support as there's nobody else fit? Even NGolo Kante would struggle to be effective in that sort of situation for christ's sake.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 16:46 - Aug 26 with 6572 viewscrunchie1978

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 16:42 - Aug 26 by Kentish_Tractor

No he isn't. He does a hell of a lot of good work in that midfield protecting the back 4, and nobody ever gives him the credit he deserves for that.

Reference today - What do you expect when it's 3 v 2 in central midfield for Fulham and we have strikers rather than midfielders on the wings providing little support as there's nobody else fit? Even NGolo Kante would struggle to be effective in that sort of situation for christ's sake.

No he doesn't.....and if his only job is to protect the back four then 2nil down at home you'd have to take him off....he offers nothing going forward at all what so ever.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 16:47 - Aug 26 with 6552 viewsLankHenners

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 16:46 - Aug 26 by crunchie1978

No he doesn't.....and if his only job is to protect the back four then 2nil down at home you'd have to take him off....he offers nothing going forward at all what so ever.

Ah, the 'we're losing so it must be all Skuse's fault' brigade have remembered their login details today.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:05 - Aug 26 with 6419 viewsKeaneish

I expect Mick to change the game plan rather than producing exactly the same kind of performance as it was at Craven Cottage last year.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:24 - Aug 26 with 6348 viewsmadmouse1959

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:05 - Aug 26 by Keaneish

I expect Mick to change the game plan rather than producing exactly the same kind of performance as it was at Craven Cottage last year.

Yep.........Skuse is the weak link and so is Sears. Passing the ball sideways and chasing shadows is no good. Two players short of play offs or automatic promotion.

shampoo dave

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 26 with 6339 viewsHerbivore

No you're feckin terrible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:28 - Aug 26 with 6334 viewsbraveblue

So why have we lost so many goals over the past two years with him sitting in front of the defence? He has been and continues to be the main weakness in the team. anyone who can play central midfield and score one goal with a couple of assists in over 150 games is just not good enough. he is not even very good at defending.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:35 - Aug 26 with 6310 viewsRobTheMonk

If anything it was a bad choice by Mick to only have two in the centre. We ended up being overrunn. Still though, great start to the season and after the internationals literally half our squad will be on the way back.
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 26 with 6283 viewsKentish_Tractor

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:28 - Aug 26 by braveblue

So why have we lost so many goals over the past two years with him sitting in front of the defence? He has been and continues to be the main weakness in the team. anyone who can play central midfield and score one goal with a couple of assists in over 150 games is just not good enough. he is not even very good at defending.

We concede so many goals because we don't retain possession. For the last 2 or 3 seasons, every time the defence get the ball, they pump it long and the opposition come straight back at us. I agree Skuse is not a creative player, most of his passes are sideways or backwards, but what I would say is he very rarely gives it away. That is where you need a more creative player in there with him to drive forward and pick a pass. Last 2 seasons we stuck Douglas in there which made no sense. And the number of interceptions or last-ditch blocks Skuse makes is very good if you watch him closely. Nobody seems to notice the players like Skuse. How often do we watch an opposition team and say "that midfielder they had protected their defence really well". You don't. But they do it week in and week out. Plus, we don't have anyone else. Downes in still raw and cannot play every game or he'll get burnt out.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:50 - Aug 26 with 6248 viewsKeaneish

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:28 - Aug 26 by braveblue

I think watching both Skuse and Johansen today the gulf in class was evident. Johansen cost a reported 2 million (although undisclosed). A player like that should within our budget.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 26 with 6216 viewsITFCBlues

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:05 - Aug 26 by Keaneish

Me to, but he's got 8-9 players injured. Guess that makes that very difficult?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:54 - Aug 26 with 6207 viewsHarryWright

Skuse is an average midfielder that gets hyped by some fans who will believe every word that comes out mccarthy's mouth.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 17:55]
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:57 - Aug 26 with 6185 viewsSimonds92

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 26 by Kentish_Tractor

We concede so many goals because we don't retain possession. For the last 2 or 3 seasons, every time the defence get the ball, they pump it long and the opposition come straight back at us. I agree Skuse is not a creative player, most of his passes are sideways or backwards, but what I would say is he very rarely gives it away. That is where you need a more creative player in there with him to drive forward and pick a pass. Last 2 seasons we stuck Douglas in there which made no sense. And the number of interceptions or last-ditch blocks Skuse makes is very good if you watch him closely. Nobody seems to notice the players like Skuse. How often do we watch an opposition team and say "that midfielder they had protected their defence really well". You don't. But they do it week in and week out. Plus, we don't have anyone else. Downes in still raw and cannot play every game or he'll get burnt out.

They play long balls because Skuse offers them nothing! His inadiquacies are highlighted even further by an 18 year old Flynn Downes who plays the same role but demands the ball is comfortable on it and plays progressively. Also re N'golo Kante, he played in a team that played 4-4-2 every game against teams that played a 5 in midfield and they won the league.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:58 - Aug 26 with 6174 viewspowinswitch

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 26 by ITFCBlues

Yep. I think the manager's options were extremely limited today. Not going to have a dig when you look at the bench and only have a bunch of teenagers available. Injuries and illness bit us hard today.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:03 - Aug 26 with 6160 viewsnshearman1

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 26 by Kentish_Tractor

Skuse is not a bad player, he does clear up a lot of messes, but he's not a great one either, and he works best with someone who can actually pass the ball forward. Clearly it's a patched-up squad and we have done very well to be where we are, punching above our weight. I still don't think Evans has spent enough to make us a top 6 team though Mick has spent what he has got wisely. What concerned me today was something that is a Mick weakness in my view - his inability to change things when it's going badly. Picking the team that had succeeded before patently didn't work. We needed to change formation and add an extra midfielder (probably Nydam as well as Downes in the middle); and taking Waghorn off probably didn't help either.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 26 with 6142 viewsstantheman

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:57 - Aug 26 by Simonds92

They play long balls because Skuse offers them nothing! His inadiquacies are highlighted even further by an 18 year old Flynn Downes who plays the same role but demands the ball is comfortable on it and plays progressively. Also re N'golo Kante, he played in a team that played 4-4-2 every game against teams that played a 5 in midfield and they won the league.

Yeah, Skuse is not Kante shocker. Genius, like all the know nothing plonkers who come on here and blast Skuse if we lose. They never seem to knock Sears though who was anonymous and Kenlock who was always an accident waiting to happen. Thought it wasgame that Downes should have started but not at the expense of Skuse.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 6138 viewsKentish_Tractor

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:57 - Aug 26 by Simonds92

If you followed the premier league last season you would know Chelsea played 5-3-2. Ironically our best formation when we've got the players for it all available.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:07 - Aug 26 with 6130 viewsDeano69

Easy to say, hard to prove.

He played very deep today to add protection to a makeshift defence. It meant that midfield was a bit overrun with a good passing side. Ward was not in great form today and didn't really pull strings.

Even our best eleven with or without skuse would have struggled today as Fulham are a side we are always going to find hard to beat with the squad we have.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:09 - Aug 26 with 6123 viewsSimonds92

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 26 by stantheman

Yeah, Skuse is not Kante shocker. Genius, like all the know nothing plonkers who come on here and blast Skuse if we lose. They never seem to knock Sears though who was anonymous and Kenlock who was always an accident waiting to happen. Thought it wasgame that Downes should have started but not at the expense of Skuse.

Lol my Kante comment was in reference to an earlier comment that stated Kante couldn't cope playing against a 5 in midfield. Agree Sears is not good enough to be in our starting lineup just this thread is about Skuse.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:10 - Aug 26 with 6115 viewsSimonds92

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:06 - Aug 26 by Kentish_Tractor

If you followed the premier league last season you would know Chelsea played 5-3-2. Ironically our best formation when we've got the players for it all available.

Yep but Leicester didn't.....
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 6101 viewsKeaneish

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:53 - Aug 26 by ITFCBlues

No doubt the squad is heavily depleted but we did nothing to combat the midfield today or to stop them pinging raking cross field balls to their wide players. Felt we were way too pedestrian at defending their set pieces too. We simply never got tight enough all game.

We've utilised a 451 / 433 at times in the past. We had the personnel to do that today and we could have played on the counter but been far more compact and stopped them playing.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:20 - Aug 26 with 6064 viewsstantheman

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:09 - Aug 26 by Simonds92

Lol my Kante comment was in reference to an earlier comment that stated Kante couldn't cope playing against a 5 in midfield. Agree Sears is not good enough to be in our starting lineup just this thread is about Skuse.

Its about numpties knocking Skuse when we lose evidently, when I think you will find that there are 11 players on the pitch who should be included in after match analysis. To knock just one player when at least 5 players had mares is pathetic.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:24 - Aug 26 with 6042 viewsHarryWright

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:20 - Aug 26 by stantheman

Its about numpties knocking Skuse when we lose evidently, when I think you will find that there are 11 players on the pitch who should be included in after match analysis. To knock just one player when at least 5 players had mares is pathetic.

Where was the game lost? Midfield. Ward isn't a cm so fingers pointed at Skuse of course.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:32 - Aug 26 with 6010 viewsstantheman

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:24 - Aug 26 by HarryWright

Where was the game lost? Midfield. Ward isn't a cm so fingers pointed at Skuse of course.

Its a very simple game when, like Fulham, you play with little short pass and move game up the pitch as a team. You need to pass though, unlike us today when we couldnt even pass 5 yards accurately. It was all Skuse's fault evidently.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 21:08 - Aug 26 with 5907 views3_5_2

Give it a rest ffs

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024