Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) 16:37 - Aug 26 with 12814 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 21:14 - Aug 26 with 4583 viewsTractorWood

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:24 - Aug 26 by HarryWright

Where was the game lost? Midfield. Ward isn't a cm so fingers pointed at Skuse of course.

Ward, Sears, Skuse and Waghorn were collectively and individually insufficient today. However, they've all started the season well. Let's give them a break, today.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 21:15 - Aug 26 with 4582 viewsJ4ck22

Bit harsh to focus on Skuse when it was effectively a terrible team performance. It was very odd, because the mistakes were so amateurish that it felt like the great cohesion we started with just suddenly disappeared and a very good Fulham side punished us for it.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 21:24 - Aug 26 with 4558 viewsunstableblue

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

No you're feckin terrible.

"Here, let me get you some dry knickers" nice one, if I'm terrible then I'm not sure how to classify you? Moron perhaps?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 23:00 - Aug 26 with 4515 viewsHerbivore

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 21:24 - Aug 26 by unstableblue

"Here, let me get you some dry knickers" nice one, if I'm terrible then I'm not sure how to classify you? Moron perhaps?

Maybe ask one of your mates if you're not sure, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 02:45 - Aug 27 with 4463 viewsharlingblue

No he is not, if he had Downes playing beside him today, instead of the anonymous Ward, we might have done better. I suggest you look at how the whole team is playing, instead of picking out the same old scapegoats. Bart and KNUDSEN for MoM, I guess Jonas is another that you like to have a go at?
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:04 - Aug 27 with 4430 viewsMullet

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:50 - Aug 26 by Keaneish

I think watching both Skuse and Johansen today the gulf in class was evident. Johansen cost a reported 2 million (although undisclosed). A player like that should within our budget.

Why would you be comparing him to Johansen? Completely different role and players!

Ward was closer in terms of comparison.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 27 with 4418 viewsASAx

Skuse didn't play well today. Nobody did.

Last week Skuse was immense.

I've not seen anyone knock Kenlock. He was utterly abysmal yesterday and when he realised early on he was in for a tough game it seemed to sap him of all confidence. He's a kid doing his best.

Skuse was playing with someone who isn't a CM apparently and up against a three. He did his best.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:13 - Aug 27 with 4410 viewsMullet

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 27 by ASAx

Skuse didn't play well today. Nobody did.

Last week Skuse was immense.

I've not seen anyone knock Kenlock. He was utterly abysmal yesterday and when he realised early on he was in for a tough game it seemed to sap him of all confidence. He's a kid doing his best.

Skuse was playing with someone who isn't a CM apparently and up against a three. He did his best.

Kenlock wasn't that bad, abysmal was Barnsley and he's got over that. He does start slow though and he did far better coping with his man than Iorfa/Spence although Jonas was walking him through at times.

Frustrated his first ball to set Sears away was soft. IT set the tone and we only got one good attack from Freddie all half then.

Login to get fewer ads

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:48 - Aug 27 with 4386 viewschristiand

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:24 - Aug 26 by madmouse1959

Yep.........Skuse is the weak link and so is Sears. Passing the ball sideways and chasing shadows is no good. Two players short of play offs or automatic promotion.

And the rest. Even with a fully fit squad we aren't anywhere near a top 2 or even top 6 side.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:58 - Aug 27 with 4371 viewsASAx

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:13 - Aug 27 by Mullet

Kenlock wasn't that bad, abysmal was Barnsley and he's got over that. He does start slow though and he did far better coping with his man than Iorfa/Spence although Jonas was walking him through at times.

Frustrated his first ball to set Sears away was soft. IT set the tone and we only got one good attack from Freddie all half then.

Kenlock was. I'm right in the corner and he's the closest player to me for a half each match.

He's constantly playing people onside, has no awareness of who is behind him, constantly out of position and often looks like he can't be bothered. Last week he got man of the match by the sponsors when he made a lot of basic errors but people seemed to be wowed by a couple of great passes.

Kenlock looked really promising but having seen him close up in many matches now he seems to be where Emmanuel is development wise. Mind you Emmanuel couldn't have done worse than Iorfa yesterday.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 09:03 - Aug 27 with 4367 viewsMullet

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:58 - Aug 27 by ASAx

Kenlock was. I'm right in the corner and he's the closest player to me for a half each match.

He's constantly playing people onside, has no awareness of who is behind him, constantly out of position and often looks like he can't be bothered. Last week he got man of the match by the sponsors when he made a lot of basic errors but people seemed to be wowed by a couple of great passes.

Kenlock looked really promising but having seen him close up in many matches now he seems to be where Emmanuel is development wise. Mind you Emmanuel couldn't have done worse than Iorfa yesterday.

As I said, he was worse the other week.

While a few went way overboard on him last season, you clearly don't like him "can't be bothered" is silly.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 09:09 - Aug 27 with 4353 viewsASAx

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 09:03 - Aug 27 by Mullet

As I said, he was worse the other week.

While a few went way overboard on him last season, you clearly don't like him "can't be bothered" is silly.

I think he'll be a very good player. Lots of good attributes. I've got nothing against him.

But two weeks running he's been like a petulant child. He told Bart to f*** off last week. Yesterday he said something similar to Jonas when he pointed out he'd switched off and let Ojo. As Kenlock was busy sulking Ojo drifted in behind him again.

I see him a lot closer than most. He's been giving high praise on here when he's made lots of basic mistakes. He's a kid. I'll happily give him time. But also not going to pretend he's close to being good enough at this level. I think he's still a way off.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 11:57 - Aug 27 with 4288 viewsflimflam

Sears and Skuse were garbage yesterday but Lorfa gets my award for donkey of the day.

Jonas was again for me our best player, like him at centre half tbh.

We basically were second best all over the park and it showed how much so when their centre half was linking up play on the edge of our 18 yard box. They dominated from start to finish.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 12:07]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 12:36 - Aug 27 with 4264 viewsKeaneish

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 11:57 - Aug 27 by flimflam

Sears and Skuse were garbage yesterday but Lorfa gets my award for donkey of the day.

We basically were second best all over the park and it showed how much so when their centre half was linking up play on the edge of our 18 yard box. They dominated from start to finish.

Agreed. Bart and Jonas aside, there was little to shout about. Garner gets a pass given the atrocious service he received. McG with some nice touches but too ineffective. Other than that, dire all over the park.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 12:36 - Aug 27 with 4264 viewsTractorWood

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 11:57 - Aug 27 by flimflam

Sears works hard and means well but he is neither a midfielder or winger. He's an out and out, off the shoulder goal scorer.

MM loves him because he chases everything and works his socks off. The majority of it is chasing meaningless, inefficient scraps. Not to mention how unbelievably one footed he is. He is an asset but we use him so poorly, he should have been no way near starting that game.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 12:38 - Aug 27 with 4260 viewsClapham_Junction

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 02:45 - Aug 27 by harlingblue

No he is not, if he had Downes playing beside him today, instead of the anonymous Ward, we might have done better. I suggest you look at how the whole team is playing, instead of picking out the same old scapegoats. Bart and KNUDSEN for MoM, I guess Jonas is another that you like to have a go at?

My thoughts exactly. Thought Ward was very poor yesterday and was very surpised he stayed on the pitch when Waghorn went off. Skuse didn't have a brilliant game but he was far better than Ward.

Also, what was the point in bringing on Nydam in the 91st minute?? One of the oddest substitutions I've seen for a while.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:03 - Aug 27 with 4204 viewsDarkHorse

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 12:38 - Aug 27 by Clapham_Junction

My thoughts exactly. Thought Ward was very poor yesterday and was very surpised he stayed on the pitch when Waghorn went off. Skuse didn't have a brilliant game but he was far better than Ward.

Also, what was the point in bringing on Nydam in the 91st minute?? One of the oddest substitutions I've seen for a while.

I thought that Ward and Sears needed to come off a lot earlier, they were anonymous/ineffective. Actually thought Skuse had a decent game given how terrible our midfield and fullbacks were - made some good interceptions and used the ball well enough.

Why was Waghorn taking set-pieces? First man every time. Ward needs to be on them.

No idea what that Nydam substitution was about. Bizarre.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 00:16 - Aug 28 with 4119 viewsHerbivore

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 12:36 - Aug 27 by TractorWood

Sears works hard and means well but he is neither a midfielder or winger. He's an out and out, off the shoulder goal scorer.

MM loves him because he chases everything and works his socks off. The majority of it is chasing meaningless, inefficient scraps. Not to mention how unbelievably one footed he is. He is an asset but we use him so poorly, he should have been no way near starting that game.

Sears is an off the shoulder goalscorer? He really isn't.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:00 - Aug 28 with 4082 viewsTractorWood

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 00:16 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Sears is an off the shoulder goalscorer? He really isn't.

Well he was at Colchester and he was here in 14/15, when you know, he was effective. MM has turned into this awkward blood hound winger that offers little.

As I said. He is an asset and should be used to complement and get beyond a target man or against tired, high defences. We don't use him correctly, hence why he's about 13 goals in his last 100 games. 4 assist in his last 50 games.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 8:06]

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 10:15 - Aug 28 with 4049 viewsHerbivore

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 08:00 - Aug 28 by TractorWood

Well he was at Colchester and he was here in 14/15, when you know, he was effective. MM has turned into this awkward blood hound winger that offers little.

As I said. He is an asset and should be used to complement and get beyond a target man or against tired, high defences. We don't use him correctly, hence why he's about 13 goals in his last 100 games. 4 assist in his last 50 games.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 8:06]

Sears played wide at Colchester too. He's nowhere near clinical enough to be the kind of striker you want him to be. He's had one good goalscoring season in his entire career.

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 4043 viewsWonky

Is this clickbait?, cause it has me jumping in and clicking as well.

You never noticed then that Fulham went out of their way to avoid going anywhere near Skuse in their build ups. Wonder why that was.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 10:22]
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 16:32 - Aug 28 with 4005 viewsbraveblue

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 17:46 - Aug 26 by Kentish_Tractor

We concede so many goals because we don't retain possession. For the last 2 or 3 seasons, every time the defence get the ball, they pump it long and the opposition come straight back at us. I agree Skuse is not a creative player, most of his passes are sideways or backwards, but what I would say is he very rarely gives it away. That is where you need a more creative player in there with him to drive forward and pick a pass. Last 2 seasons we stuck Douglas in there which made no sense. And the number of interceptions or last-ditch blocks Skuse makes is very good if you watch him closely. Nobody seems to notice the players like Skuse. How often do we watch an opposition team and say "that midfielder they had protected their defence really well". You don't. But they do it week in and week out. Plus, we don't have anyone else. Downes in still raw and cannot play every game or he'll get burnt out.

We don't have anyone else sums it up.
Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 16:51 - Aug 28 with 4000 viewsmadmouse1959

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 10:21 - Aug 28 by Wonky

Is this clickbait?, cause it has me jumping in and clicking as well.

You never noticed then that Fulham went out of their way to avoid going anywhere near Skuse in their build ups. Wonder why that was.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 10:22]

Ya got that the wrong way round.....Skuse was no where near their build ups.lol. Fulham simply knocked the ball around with authority and passed around our players. Patient possession football won the day.

shampoo dave

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:32 - Aug 28 with 3972 viewsHarryfromBath

It might also be helpful to remember that Skuse was ill last week. Here's the relevant quote from Phil's piece on Thursday:

"Regarding Town’s other ill and injured, he added: “Skusey hasn’t trained, as you know, he was ill. He hardly carries that much weight Skusey to be able to lose too much, although diarrhoea and sickness is no good for anybody.

“But he’s been out and had a jog today, I’m sure he’ll be all right tomorrow I’m certain. But he couldn’t do too much today in case it weakened him and affected him for tomorrow and Saturday."

The players are not robots and Skuse was the only front-line midfielder who could play so had to start. It's easy to forget - with the spotlight on our lack of centre-halves - that Skuse has been holding the midfield together this month with Ward as an improvised partner.

A less than 100 per cent Skuse plus Ward up against Cairney, Johansen and McDonald was always going to be tough ask. Perhaps is best to say that we literally ran out of legs on Saturday rather than digging out one player who has kept the team knitted together in our previous victories.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:51 - Aug 28 with 3951 viewsbrogansnose

Skuse is feckin terrible (n/t) on 18:32 - Aug 28 by HarryfromBath

It might also be helpful to remember that Skuse was ill last week. Here's the relevant quote from Phil's piece on Thursday:

"Regarding Town’s other ill and injured, he added: “Skusey hasn’t trained, as you know, he was ill. He hardly carries that much weight Skusey to be able to lose too much, although diarrhoea and sickness is no good for anybody.

“But he’s been out and had a jog today, I’m sure he’ll be all right tomorrow I’m certain. But he couldn’t do too much today in case it weakened him and affected him for tomorrow and Saturday."

The players are not robots and Skuse was the only front-line midfielder who could play so had to start. It's easy to forget - with the spotlight on our lack of centre-halves - that Skuse has been holding the midfield together this month with Ward as an improvised partner.

A less than 100 per cent Skuse plus Ward up against Cairney, Johansen and McDonald was always going to be tough ask. Perhaps is best to say that we literally ran out of legs on Saturday rather than digging out one player who has kept the team knitted together in our previous victories.

Skusey did alright Harry. If anything the boy Downes in there with him would have helped which is possibly an oversight on Micks part.

For people to say he's terrible is plain daft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024