Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Sunderland... 05:25 - Sep 25 with 5089 viewsCurrie10

We seem fixed on 4-4-2 now.

Only question for me, would be will Nydam get a second shot wide left, or will Celina be 'let loose' so to speak at home vs a side in theory we should be aiming to win?

What a difference having a goalscoring partnership makes.....
Team for Sunderland... on 05:56 - Sep 25 with 5060 viewstextbackup

said this elsewhere, two schools of thought could be there for MM for sunderland

- home game, play cellina, see what he can do from the off
- be pissed off we conceded sloppy goals Saturday and ensure they remember to be horrible to beat/play against

if its 442 with ward right side we really need natural attacking power on the left, cellina gives that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Team for Sunderland... on 06:20 - Sep 25 with 5043 viewsCurrie10

Team for Sunderland... on 05:56 - Sep 25 by textbackup

said this elsewhere, two schools of thought could be there for MM for sunderland

- home game, play cellina, see what he can do from the off
- be pissed off we conceded sloppy goals Saturday and ensure they remember to be horrible to beat/play against

if its 442 with ward right side we really need natural attacking power on the left, cellina gives that

I would say wide left looks the glaring question.

Be silly to change the backline again.

Adeyemi + Skuse seems from what people say to be working.

Ward seems to be playing better, or did at Leeds.

Front partnership won't be broken up, nor should it.

I'm far from a Celina must play. He must sort out attitude fully, not like silly posts and learn his defensive side fully. If Nydam plays, and plays well absolutely no issue my end.
Team for Sunderland... on 07:45 - Sep 25 with 4948 viewschristiand

They played well on Saturday, does the starting XI need to be changed? Regarding Celina, I think his best position is that No.10 role of McGoldrick's. MM loves his wingers to work hard and do the defensive side too, just can't understand how Rowe (although appreciate he was injured for last Saturday) hasn't been given more opportunity - he has that to his game?

I hope Nydam is given another go, youngsters want to play and have that enthusiasm to prove themselves in the first XI. The only way he is going to learn is by playing and 'if he is good enough, he's old enough!'

Just hope that MM doesn't show Sunderland too much respect, stops worrying about how they set up and the players they have. Let them worry about us for a change!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 08:18 - Sep 25 with 4882 views_

Team for Sunderland... on 08:24 - Sep 25 with 4861 viewsBluebell

on 08:18 - Sep 25 by _

I agree about McGoldrick being rested. He really worked hard on Saturday and must be absolutely knackered especially with sleepless nights with a new baby.

Your team would be the one I would choose although I would have Skuse instead of Skype. I might have put Kenlock instead of Knudsen too.

I have a feeling Mick might have other ideas though.
on 08:34 - Sep 25 with 4824 views_

Team for Sunderland... on 08:24 - Sep 25 by Bluebell

I agree about McGoldrick being rested. He really worked hard on Saturday and must be absolutely knackered especially with sleepless nights with a new baby.

Your team would be the one I would choose although I would have Skuse instead of Skype. I might have put Kenlock instead of Knudsen too.

Team for Sunderland... on 08:39 - Sep 25 with 4807 viewsArnieM

We played a hell of a lot better on Saturday in second half when we went to a diamond shape.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Team for Sunderland... on 08:40 - Sep 25 with 4803 viewsPJH

Whilst agreeing that giving McG a rest might be a good idea he is really on top form at the moment(and fit)so on balance I think we should capitalize on that while it lasts and play him.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Sunderland... on 08:41 - Sep 25 with 4799 viewsNo9

Whatever it is MM needs to overhaul Towns weak midfield.
Team for Sunderland... on 08:46 - Sep 25 with 4779 viewsBluebell

Team for Sunderland... on 08:40 - Sep 25 by PJH

Whilst agreeing that giving McG a rest might be a good idea he is really on top form at the moment(and fit)so on balance I think we should capitalize on that while it lasts and play him.

I tend to agree but if Mick is changing the team around I think Didzy is the one he might drop.

Waghorn is obviously not happy being a sub especially as he was player of the month in August. I think he needs a chance at starting a game again.

At least with Didz on the bench we have the option of him coming on for 20 minutes or so.
Team for Sunderland... on 08:48 - Sep 25 with 4774 viewschristiand

Skype's another who I wonder what he has to do to get a start?

Team for Sunderland... on 08:53 - Sep 25 with 4763 viewschristiand

on 08:34 - Sep 25 by _

Good thinking Libero with that XI. I bet Waghorn would love to play against Sunderland too and stick a couple past them. If McGoldrick isn't playing you're going to need Celina's craft to be able to unlock their defence otherwise we have no one that has a bit of subtlety and guile to provide that spark.

I do wonder when the majority of the players are back, is MM going to have too much choice? It is certainly going to upset a few if they are not playing or even involved in the match 18.

Team for Sunderland... on 09:04 - Sep 25 with 4727 viewsCurrie10

Think Kenlock's issue is going to be the youth playing at LM in Nydam / Celina for now or perhaps the untested Rowe.

McCarthy is all about relationships - ie 14/15 if we'd had Fraser that year as opposed to 15/16, not convinced Mings would have played much. Tabb infront of Mings helped cover up Tyrone's weak spots.
Team for Sunderland... on 09:28 - Sep 25 with 4689 viewsBlueBadger

Team for Sunderland... on 08:40 - Sep 25 by PJH

I rather suspect that he won't stay on as long tomorrow as he did on Saturday. Celina or Waghorn on for him at around 60, I reckon.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Team for Sunderland... on 09:49 - Sep 25 with 4657 viewsPJH

Team for Sunderland... on 09:28 - Sep 25 by BlueBadger

I rather suspect that he won't stay on as long tomorrow as he did on Saturday. Celina or Waghorn on for him at around 60, I reckon.

Quite possibly but I think that we need to have McG on the pitch at the start of games at the moment whilst he is playing as well as he is-hopefully he will be playing well and staying fit all season because when he is on song he is a real asset.
Team for Sunderland... on 10:01 - Sep 25 with 4626 viewsbraveblue

Team for Sunderland... on 06:20 - Sep 25 by Currie10

I would say wide left looks the glaring question.

Be silly to change the backline again.

Adeyemi + Skuse seems from what people say to be working.

Ward seems to be playing better, or did at Leeds.

Front partnership won't be broken up, nor should it.

I'm far from a Celina must play. He must sort out attitude fully, not like silly posts and learn his defensive side fully. If Nydam plays, and plays well absolutely no issue my end.

Why on earth does a like on a tweet stop you playing when you are so much better? It's just an excuse.
Team for Sunderland... on 10:01 - Sep 25 with 4626 viewsBlueBadger

Team for Sunderland... on 09:49 - Sep 25 by PJH

Quite possibly but I think that we need to have McG on the pitch at the start of games at the moment whilst he is playing as well as he is-hopefully he will be playing well and staying fit all season because when he is on song he is a real asset.

Oh, absolutely. At his best, he's comfortably on of the most dangerous players in the division and should definitely start.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Team for Sunderland... on 10:08 - Sep 25 with 4608 viewsStenvict

Team for Sunderland... on 07:45 - Sep 25 by christiand

They played well on Saturday, does the starting XI need to be changed? Regarding Celina, I think his best position is that No.10 role of McGoldrick's. MM loves his wingers to work hard and do the defensive side too, just can't understand how Rowe (although appreciate he was injured for last Saturday) hasn't been given more opportunity - he has that to his game?

I hope Nydam is given another go, youngsters want to play and have that enthusiasm to prove themselves in the first XI. The only way he is going to learn is by playing and 'if he is good enough, he's old enough!'

Just hope that MM doesn't show Sunderland too much respect, stops worrying about how they set up and the players they have. Let them worry about us for a change!

If Rowe is starting, I'd have him in instead of Ward.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Team for Sunderland... on 10:34 - Sep 25 with 4557 viewsPilgrimblue

I hope you're right as Waghorn deserves a start in his correct position. Didzy should not be expected to play every game otherwise the risk is that he'll miss out with injuries.
AS for Celina, he's class and must play. Otherwise why did Mm sign him as he's too expensive to be benched. If MM continues to leave him out then I expect Celina to return to City in January.
Team for Sunderland... on 10:41 - Sep 25 with 4542 viewsMonkeysChuff

Why do I have the feeling Bart will be rested by Mick? I'd like to see Waghorn given a chance from the off as well, although McGoldrick can't be left out, best player by a mile
Team for Sunderland... on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 4465 viewsClausThomsen

Bialkowski
Iorfa, Spence, Chambers, Knudsen, Kenlock
Ward, Skuse, Adeyemi
2 from Garner/McGoldrick/Celina
Team for Sunderland... on 13:06 - Sep 25 with 4331 viewsEly_Blue

Team for Sunderland... on 08:48 - Sep 25 by christiand

Skype's another who I wonder what he has to do to get a start?

Give him a call?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

on 13:09 - Sep 25 with 4324 views_

Team for Sunderland... on 13:06 - Sep 25 by Ely_Blue

Give him a call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024