Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner 16:42 - May 8 with 18015 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bl00dy chuffed

Times round Ireland schooling suggests he could be anything.

Moves to Romford very soon for his trails for Martyn Wiley

All to be revealed soon my friends. Hold tight.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 16:46 - May 8 with 5761 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 16:50 - May 8 with 5736 viewsStenvict

Congratulations. I've just bought a share in a 6 year old horse.

Poll: What will be announced first?

My greyhound flew round Shelbourne in her trials..... on 16:51 - May 8 with 5730 viewsBloots

....and her sire was Droopy's Vieri (legend).

She was hopeless round Romford and never got higher than A6.

Just saying.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 16:56]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 16:55 - May 8 with 5711 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 16:50 - May 8 by Stenvict

Nice one

My greyhound flew round Shelbourne in her trials..... on 16:55 - May 8 with 5708 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My greyhound flew round Shelbourne in her trials..... on 16:51 - May 8 by Bloots

....and her sire was Droopy's Vieri (legend).

She was hopeless round Romford and never got higher than A6.

Just saying.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 16:56]

Mines all about blistering early pace though

I could tell you his time around Clonmel but I want to keep schtum for a little while as it sounds like we are all betting him on debut

Wouldn't be right of me to say until nearer the time
[Post edited 8 May 2017 16:59]

Oh, that's all right then..... on 16:58 - May 8 with 5691 viewsBloots

My greyhound flew round Shelbourne in her trials..... on 16:55 - May 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Mines all about blistering early pace though

I could tell you his time around Clonmel but I want to keep schtum for a little while as it sounds like we are all betting him on debut

Wouldn't be right of me to say until nearer the time
[Post edited 8 May 2017 16:59]

....might as well spend that £12 it wins for coming 2nd in a Grade 7 race on a Saturday lunchtime now.

Good luck though, it's a decent hobby.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:03 - May 8 with 5674 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oh, that's all right then..... on 16:58 - May 8 by Bloots

....might as well spend that £12 it wins for coming 2nd in a Grade 7 race on a Saturday lunchtime now.

Good luck though, it's a decent hobby.

Time at Clonmel was superb

Hasn't opened it to the public yet. I was already interested in a pup with him so he let me in if I wanted. Significantly more than the sold out pup I was after admittedly.

Very exciting

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:11 - May 8 with 5659 viewsWestover

I assume it's a dog? What's it's racing name, wish you the very best of luck whatever grade open class or grader as long as it stays sound and wins races you should have some great nights there is nothing like your own dog winning it's like 1978 Town winning the FA Cup.😁
Login to get fewer ads

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:14 - May 8 with 5651 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:11 - May 8 by Westover

I assume it's a dog? What's it's racing name, wish you the very best of luck whatever grade open class or grader as long as it stays sound and wins races you should have some great nights there is nothing like your own dog winning it's like 1978 Town winning the FA Cup.😁

Can't say it's Irish name I'm afraid

We are naming him next week

Just been on the actual results over 300m at Clonmel and my chap based on his one trial really could be anything. Assuming he does actually improve for racing as most do

How's Westover Charlie doing?

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:15 - May 8 with 5642 viewsblueislander

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:03 - May 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Time at Clonmel was superb

Hasn't opened it to the public yet. I was already interested in a pup with him so he let me in if I wanted. Significantly more than the sold out pup I was after admittedly.

Very exciting

I owned a part share in two of Droopy's offspring. The bitch was OK and won a couple of races at Wimbledon. The dog was useless. He could run but was more interested in fighting the other dogs and sh-gging the bitches.
Like the part shares in horses I have owned, eventually I lost money, but it was good fun.
Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:16 - May 8 with 5634 viewstaximan

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:11 - May 8 by Westover

agree

i've lost interest in dog racing now, but have had some great times over the years

sadly greyhound racing is all but finished
Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:19 - May 8 with 5619 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:15 - May 8 by blueislander

I owned a part share in two of Droopy's offspring. The bitch was OK and won a couple of races at Wimbledon. The dog was useless. He could run but was more interested in fighting the other dogs and sh-gging the bitches.
Like the part shares in horses I have owned, eventually I lost money, but it was good fun.

If I go into this venture expecting to lose money, it's fine.

Tbh the free entry every time he runs at Romford is useful to me anyway.

I'm secretly very hopeful and excited about him though.

I first posted on here about owning shares in one a year ago to see who on here did. I didn't buy them two pups in the end as I decided to hold out for a bigger percentage later down the road. 10% is a big share I think compared to the 1% of the other two pups. This boy could be anything.

Shall be good fun. I'd love to see him in an open race on a Friday at Romford. That'd be the dream.

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:21 - May 8 with 5611 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:16 - May 8 by taximan

agree

i've lost interest in dog racing now, but have had some great times over the years

sadly greyhound racing is all but finished

I genuinely can't think of a sport that has declined more over the last 20 years.

Wish I could've been about when it was flourishing.

The videos of a packed Wimbledon for the greyhound Derby 10 years ago.

Or big meetings at white city or Walthamstow. Managed to go Walthamstow before it shut but never white City.

Just sad the way ownership of it has beeen so poor. Like over in Ireland, people at the top neglected the game for so long.

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:23 - May 8 with 5604 viewsblueislander

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:19 - May 8 by The_Romford_Blue

If I go into this venture expecting to lose money, it's fine.

Tbh the free entry every time he runs at Romford is useful to me anyway.

I'm secretly very hopeful and excited about him though.

I first posted on here about owning shares in one a year ago to see who on here did. I didn't buy them two pups in the end as I decided to hold out for a bigger percentage later down the road. 10% is a big share I think compared to the 1% of the other two pups. This boy could be anything.

Shall be good fun. I'd love to see him in an open race on a Friday at Romford. That'd be the dream.

Just enjoy the ride would be my advice, and don't put good money after bad.
Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:25 - May 8 with 5597 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:23 - May 8 by blueislander

Just enjoy the ride would be my advice, and don't put good money after bad.

I'm sure I'll bump this thread in a few weeks to tell you what we've named him.

Sounds like there's going to be a gamble on him on debut according to the syndicate leader

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:37 - May 8 with 5572 viewsWestover

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:14 - May 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Just been on the actual results over 300m at Clonmel and my chap based on his one trial really could be anything. Assuming he does actually improve for racing as most do

Charlie was off with a shoulder injury for five months and we thought we were going to retire him but he's back now and has had two A7 races and should be running on Thurs of Fri at Crayford he's much better than A7 but will be four in July last June he won three races in twelve days A6 5 and 4 so hoping for a win very soon,his mum eleven this November was a very good bitch and our pride and joy her name Pencray Lass for anyone who wants to look up her form.
Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:38 - May 8 with 5567 viewstaximan

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:25 - May 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm sure I'll bump this thread in a few weeks to tell you what we've named him.

Sounds like there's going to be a gamble on him on debut according to the syndicate leader

i presume it was an official trial at clonmel ?
Oh, that's all right then..... on 18:05 - May 8 with 5508 viewstaximan

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:15 - May 8 by blueislander

i've heard that you have to be a bit wary when buying from certain breeders, they are not exactly honest with the age of pups when they are being earmarked
Oh, that's all right then..... on 18:08 - May 8 with 5490 viewsblueislander

Oh, that's all right then..... on 18:05 - May 8 by taximan

i've heard that you have to be a bit wary when buying from certain breeders, they are not exactly honest with the age of pups when they are being earmarked

The ones we bought were entirely genuine. We were just unlucky with the dog's temperament.
Oh, that's all right then..... on 18:19 - May 8 with 5460 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oh, that's all right then..... on 17:38 - May 8 by taximan

i presume it was an official trial at clonmel ?

I'm not actually sure on that either way

The time in comparison with their best dog was 0.6 SECONDS quicker over 300m. That's both of their runs at that track.

Their good dog runs at a decent standard round Romford now. A1 win the other week and open race winner such as his heat of be puppy cup at Romford:
[Post edited 8 May 2017 18:22]

Oh, that's all right then..... on 18:39 - May 8 with 5416 viewstaximan

Oh, that's all right then..... on 18:19 - May 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm not actually sure on that either way

The time in comparison with their best dog was 0.6 SECONDS quicker over 300m. That's both of their runs at that track.

Their good dog runs at a decent standard round Romford now. A1 win the other week and open race winner such as his heat of be puppy cup at Romford:
[Post edited 8 May 2017 18:22]

unfortunately unofficial trials in ireland are not worth a carrot

when they are selling a pup, there has never been a slow one to come out of ireland !!!!!!
Oh, that's all right then..... on 19:49 - May 8 with 5350 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oh, that's all right then..... on 18:39 - May 8 by taximan

unfortunately unofficial trials in ireland are not worth a carrot

when they are selling a pup, there has never been a slow one to come out of ireland !!!!!!

I'll keep this thread updated with his English trials. I get free entry every time he runs or trials so I'll try to get over for his trials next month. It depends how my nose op recovery goes though to be fair

Exactly the sort of thing I wanted: decent percentage for a very promising puppy that will be based at Romford with particularly lots of early pace

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 19:55 - May 8 with 5333 viewsWarkystache

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 16:50 - May 8 by Stenvict

My great uncle had a share in Foinavon in 1967.....

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 21:00 - May 8 with 5274 viewsitfcjoe

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 17:14 - May 8 by The_Romford_Blue

One of my mates has a few dogs, they backed one of them heavily in the British Open (or whatever it's called) at massive odds and it got through a load of rounds before getting knocked on a race and losing.

He flew back from a wedding in Spain to watch it race and then back out the next day - commitment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 21:04 - May 8 with 5264 viewstaximan

Gone and got myself 10% share in the next Greyhound Derby winner on 21:00 - May 8 by itfcjoe

One of my mates has a few dogs, they backed one of them heavily in the British Open (or whatever it's called) at massive odds and it got through a load of rounds before getting knocked on a race and losing.

He flew back from a wedding in Spain to watch it race and then back out the next day - commitment

i get the impression from the wording of this post that you are not familiar with greyhound racing !!!!!!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024