Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O’Neill rejects Stoke 20:44 - Jan 14 with 2361 viewsElderGrizzly

Crap...

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:02 - Jan 14 with 2245 viewspointofblue

Can't help but feel his pride played a part here - if he was first choice he may have gone for it but he very obviously wasn't.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:11 - Jan 14 with 2200 viewsWD19

Has the money run out or something?

OK, Stoke is hardly a ‘glamour’ club, but by modern standards the club hierarchy tend to give managers time and support. Why have two managers now turned them down!?
O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:29 - Jan 14 with 2122 viewsBackToRussia

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:11 - Jan 14 by WD19

Has the money run out or something?

OK, Stoke is hardly a ‘glamour’ club, but by modern standards the club hierarchy tend to give managers time and support. Why have two managers now turned them down!?

The Espanyol bloke was essentially not confident he could keep them up, and there was a huge wage cut if they got relegated. O'Neill who knows.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:31 - Jan 14 with 2112 viewsJ2BLUE

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:02 - Jan 14 by pointofblue

Can't help but feel his pride played a part here - if he was first choice he may have gone for it but he very obviously wasn't.

Where has this pride thing come from?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:33 - Jan 14 with 2106 viewspointofblue

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:31 - Jan 14 by J2BLUE

Where has this pride thing come from?

Me probably. I just thnk O'Neill's the kind, at THIS point of his career especially, where he doesn't want to be second pick. Especially as it was so public who the first target was.

Not all managers would act like that, most would accept fate, it's just what I make of O'Neill's personality.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:38 - Jan 14 with 2086 viewsBowls1e

O'Neill apparently didn't want to break his verbal agreement to the Irish FA according to the rag up here. Worse than that is Paul Lambert's name is now in the mix.
O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:45 - Jan 14 with 2026 viewsElderGrizzly

O’Neill rejects Stoke on 21:33 - Jan 14 by pointofblue

Me probably. I just thnk O'Neill's the kind, at THIS point of his career especially, where he doesn't want to be second pick. Especially as it was so public who the first target was.

Not all managers would act like that, most would accept fate, it's just what I make of O'Neill's personality.

Probably 3rd pick really, as Rowett is being reported as their 1st choice
O’Neill rejects Stoke on 10:30 - Jan 15 with 1643 viewsNo9

Not really surprising, the job of turning the mess that is Stoke City FC into a decent football outfit is dauniting
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024