Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading "crowd" tonight! 23:20 - Feb 27 with 2928 viewsFreddies_Ears

Only 6769 declared, of which 730 hardy Sheffield United fans. It takes a lot to shock me, but that's up there.
Reading "crowd" tonight! on 23:29 - Feb 27 with 2892 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s the same for many in the FA Cup. Really sad. The Cup should still mean something - it certainly does for me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 06:14 - Feb 28 with 2736 viewsleftback

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 23:29 - Feb 27 by Swansea_Blue

It’s the same for many in the FA Cup. Really sad. The Cup should still mean something - it certainly does for me.

twas a league game
Reading "crowd" tonight! on 06:14 - Feb 28 with 2736 viewsBenters2

Another point away from the PO's to boot.
Reading "crowd" tonight! on 06:51 - Feb 28 with 2666 viewsOjc

It was minus 5 out tonight
Reading "crowd" tonight! on 07:06 - Feb 28 with 2629 viewsBenters2

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 06:14 - Feb 28 by leftback

twas a league game

This.
Reading "crowd" tonight! on 08:38 - Feb 28 with 2442 viewsRadlett_blue

That must have been the "real" crowd. I can only imagine that Reading have >6,000 season ticket holders.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 08:50 - Feb 28 with 2415 viewsitfcjoe

That's crazy low

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 09:04 - Feb 28 with 2383 viewsm14_blue

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 08:50 - Feb 28 by itfcjoe

That's crazy low

Really shows how, despite the self-flagellation over our crowds, they really have held up remarkably well given our perpetual mediocrity.

Reading were in the play off final last season ffs
Login to get fewer ads

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 09:09 - Feb 28 with 2369 viewsblueislander

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 09:04 - Feb 28 by m14_blue

Really shows how, despite the self-flagellation over our crowds, they really have held up remarkably well given our perpetual mediocrity.

Reading were in the play off final last season ffs

It also re-opens the debate on published crowd figures. Reading obviously did not include pre-paid season ticket holders in the published figure last night. There were opinions voiced on here the other day that clubs are obliged to include season ticket holders in the published figures. It would not appear to be so.
Reading "crowd" tonight! on 09:13 - Feb 28 with 2349 viewsRadlett_blue

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 09:09 - Feb 28 by blueislander

It also re-opens the debate on published crowd figures. Reading obviously did not include pre-paid season ticket holders in the published figure last night. There were opinions voiced on here the other day that clubs are obliged to include season ticket holders in the published figures. It would not appear to be so.

Exactly. some of these "official attendances", notably at the Emirates when Arsenal are at home to West Brom or Stoke, seem designed by the club to perpetuate the myth that tickets are hard to get. A Gooner friend of mine tells me that hollow laughter usually echoes around a partially empty stadium when the announcement is made.

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 10:02 - Feb 28 with 2238 viewsgerard1947

In my opinion there is a growing disillusionment with football in the U.K. Too much money going to the Premier League, too much football on the TV, poor customer service at many grounds making you feel you are a customer rather than a fan. Then there's the cost, when I started going I was far less well off than I am now. It wasn't something I considered expensive, going to every game, with associated costs, travel etc. Now I find it hard to understand how a family can afford a couple of games a week. It will probably be more than their food bill.
Reading "crowd" tonight! on 10:15 - Feb 28 with 2206 viewsRadlett_blue

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 10:02 - Feb 28 by gerard1947

In my opinion there is a growing disillusionment with football in the U.K. Too much money going to the Premier League, too much football on the TV, poor customer service at many grounds making you feel you are a customer rather than a fan. Then there's the cost, when I started going I was far less well off than I am now. It wasn't something I considered expensive, going to every game, with associated costs, travel etc. Now I find it hard to understand how a family can afford a couple of games a week. It will probably be more than their food bill.

It will only really change if revenue - most of which comes from TV - starts falling. The appetite for live football in the UK appears to have been more than sated - the latest TV deal is for no more than the last - but overseas demand is keeping the gravy train rolling. Some PL clubs realise that gate money is a small % of their revenue so are being more creative with pricing.

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 10:17 - Feb 28 with 2199 viewsSwansea_Blue

Reading "crowd" tonight! on 06:14 - Feb 28 by leftback

twas a league game

Ah, that's not so good then. My bad. I'm struggling to keep up with us let alone anyone else lately. I saw that some stuff was on the telly and assumed they were in a replay. I' really behind this season after being away since the summer.

6k for a league game is awful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024