Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs goal disallowed by VAR 19:52 - Feb 28 with 4525 viewsGlasgowBlue

Arf!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 19:56 - Feb 28 with 4512 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

First time i have ever agreed with Robbie Savage. Awful decision, never a foul.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:14 - Feb 28 with 4442 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 19:56 - Feb 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

First time i have ever agreed with Robbie Savage. Awful decision, never a foul.

Hah. goal from a penalty disallowed now.

Iron Lion Zion

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:18 - Feb 28 with 4431 viewsjimsymBLUE

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:14 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

Hah. goal from a penalty disallowed now.

Have you ever seen anything so ridiculous. This game won't finish till 3.30am at this rate. VAR is unworkable other than offsides. HAHAHAHA now Rochdale equalise........I think....who knows.... VAR again!!!

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:22 - Feb 28 with 4410 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:18 - Feb 28 by jimsymBLUE

Have you ever seen anything so ridiculous. This game won't finish till 3.30am at this rate. VAR is unworkable other than offsides. HAHAHAHA now Rochdale equalise........I think....who knows.... VAR again!!!

The ref didn't need VAR to disallow the penalty in fairness. It was blatant.

I think VAR could be great if the fans got to see the videos on the screen rather then just waiting for the decision.

Iron Lion Zion

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:23 - Feb 28 with 4402 viewsRadlett_blue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:18 - Feb 28 by jimsymBLUE

Yet again, we are seeing all the predictable problems with VAR. Just about OK with offsides, which are largely a matter of fact, at least as far as whether a player was in an offside position. But a complete nightmare as far as fouls, penalties & red cards are concerned. So many of these are marginal & down to interpretation.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:41 - Feb 28 with 4340 viewslinhdi

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:23 - Feb 28 by Radlett_blue

Yet again, we are seeing all the predictable problems with VAR. Just about OK with offsides, which are largely a matter of fact, at least as far as whether a player was in an offside position. But a complete nightmare as far as fouls, penalties & red cards are concerned. So many of these are marginal & down to interpretation.

I'm at the game, freezing but loving being here. The VAR is so weird - the only sign it is happening is that the ref suddenly stops. A minute or so later, he gives a TV sign. We're assuming he was trying to keep up with Corrie.

If he needs VAR so often, he is incompetent.
Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:41 - Feb 28 with 4334 viewsfloridaboy

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:22 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

I think VAR could be great if the fans got to see the videos on the screen rather then just waiting for the decision.

In that case the majority of penalties should be disallowed and the taker booked

VAR is not working. Hope they don't bring it into league games because the matches will last as long as NFL games!!
Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:50 - Feb 28 with 4315 viewsjimsymBLUE

By some distance, the most farcical half of professional football I've ever seen. Its a shame because Rochdale have really given it a go and I suspect that will be forgotten when the dust/snow settles! There's enough reasons to dislike modern football without this cr%p.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:52 - Feb 28 with 4303 viewsJ2BLUE

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:22 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

I genuinely didn't know you could disallow a penalty. I thought he would have to retake it. I've never seen a penalty disallowed without a retake before. The staggered run up is sh1t but loads of players do it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:54 - Feb 28 with 4303 viewsRadlett_blue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:52 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

I genuinely didn't know you could disallow a penalty. I thought he would have to retake it. I've never seen a penalty disallowed without a retake before. The staggered run up is sh1t but loads of players do it.

The referee's decision was correct as long as the player had completed his run-up. If he feints then, it's a free kick to the defending team.

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 21:02 - Feb 28 with 4268 viewsfloridaboy

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:52 - Feb 28 by J2BLUE

Disallowing the penalty and booking Son has heaped a massive amount of pressure on refs this weekend because any hint of a break in the run up will need the ref making a decision!!
Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 21:38 - Feb 28 with 4200 viewsBrianTablet

VAR: If football did Brexit...

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 21:57 - Feb 28 with 4176 viewspoppiesman

Spurs are now in second place in the all time FA Cup scorers, 12 goals behind my number one team Kettering Town. Thankfully we don't use VAR in the non league!!
Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 22:06 - Feb 28 with 4146 viewsRadlett_blue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 21:02 - Feb 28 by floridaboy

Disallowing the penalty and booking Son has heaped a massive amount of pressure on refs this weekend because any hint of a break in the run up will need the ref making a decision!!

A break in the run up is fine. You cannot feint after you have completed your run-up, as son did.

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 07:08 - Mar 1 with 3976 viewschristiand

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 20:54 - Feb 28 by Radlett_blue

The referee's decision was correct as long as the player had completed his run-up. If he feints then, it's a free kick to the defending team.

I agree with you Radlett blue. The fact Son stopped completely on his run up and loads of players were already in the penalty area before the penalty was taken made his decision easier. The first VAR review though I think he got that one wrong in my humble opinion.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 08:09 - Mar 1 with 3927 viewsRadlett_blue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 07:08 - Mar 1 by christiand

I agree with you Radlett blue. The fact Son stopped completely on his run up and loads of players were already in the penalty area before the penalty was taken made his decision easier. The first VAR review though I think he got that one wrong in my humble opinion.

Yes, the first Spurs "goal" was disallowed for some unspecified & unseen offence. Definitely not a "clear & obvious error".
The encroachment by players before Son's penalty should have led to a re-take if it was players from both teams, irrespective of if he scored or missed, but that was made irrelevant by the feint, which resulted in a correctly awarded free kick. The encroachment law is consistently ignored, rather like the law about keepers remaining on their line. I don't know why they don't get the lino to stand by the line during penalty kicks.

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 08:16 - Mar 1 with 3915 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 08:09 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

Yes, the first Spurs "goal" was disallowed for some unspecified & unseen offence. Definitely not a "clear & obvious error".
The encroachment by players before Son's penalty should have led to a re-take if it was players from both teams, irrespective of if he scored or missed, but that was made irrelevant by the feint, which resulted in a correctly awarded free kick. The encroachment law is consistently ignored, rather like the law about keepers remaining on their line. I don't know why they don't get the lino to stand by the line during penalty kicks.

If they enforced the keeper on the line rule then most penalties would have to be re taken. I would imagine that they accept some movement but if they scrapped the rule the a keeper would come rushing off his line to block the penalty. So it’s a compromise.

Iron Lion Zion

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 08:27 - Mar 1 with 3903 viewsRadlett_blue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 08:16 - Mar 1 by GlasgowBlue

If they enforced the keeper on the line rule then most penalties would have to be re taken. I would imagine that they accept some movement but if they scrapped the rule the a keeper would come rushing off his line to block the penalty. So it’s a compromise.

Correct, but it's not a hard rule to enforce if you put the linesman level with the line. After a few saved penalties are retaken, keepers will change their behaviour & stay on their line.
Compromising on the laws hasn't worked well with dissent, has it? Now, players dispute every decision & tell the ref to f*** off.

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 09:03 - Mar 1 with 3881 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 08:27 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

Correct, but it's not a hard rule to enforce if you put the linesman level with the line. After a few saved penalties are retaken, keepers will change their behaviour & stay on their line.
Compromising on the laws hasn't worked well with dissent, has it? Now, players dispute every decision & tell the ref to f*** off.

Yeah. It’s a bit like the five second (or whatever it is) rule fir keepers holding into the ball. Everyone know they go past it but if they scrap the rule the keepers will just take the piss.

Iron Lion Zion

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 09:19 - Mar 1 with 3871 viewschristiand

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 08:27 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

I was always under the impression that the linesman does stand on the goal line within the penalty area while a spot kick is taken. The referee then takes up a position the opposite side of the penalty area in between the penalty spot and six yard box. Mind you I could be speaking complete nonsense too Radlett blue!!!!

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 09:21 - Mar 1 with 3867 viewsRadlett_blue

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 09:19 - Mar 1 by christiand

I was always under the impression that the linesman does stand on the goal line within the penalty area while a spot kick is taken. The referee then takes up a position the opposite side of the penalty area in between the penalty spot and six yard box. Mind you I could be speaking complete nonsense too Radlett blue!!!!

You may be right, but have you ever seen a penalty retaken for the keeper moving forwards off his line?

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 09:26 - Mar 1 with 3857 viewschristiand

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 09:21 - Mar 1 by Radlett_blue

You may be right, but have you ever seen a penalty retaken for the keeper moving forwards off his line?

Not that I can recall in recent history. Interesting though if the keepers could remain still as long as they possibly could it would make it harder for the penalty taker to anticipate which direction they are going to move. Surely, if this was enforced more it would actually be to the benefit of the keepers? At the moment, with all their movement off the line it is easier for the penalty taker to make up their mind.

Spurs goal disallowed by VAR on 09:27 - Mar 1 with 3857 viewsSwansea_Blue

No sympathy for Spurs as they've benefitted from cheating and several wrong decisions fairly recently. But this VAR thing isn't workable in it's current format. Agree that replays should be screened, I believe there's a current requirement that clubs don't show replays of contentious events as it incites aggro (apparently).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024