Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From Mick's interview with Phil 23:23 - Mar 13 with 4821 viewspointofblue

Is winning now enough to get fans back on side? “You tell me, you’ve got the ear of them better than me because I don’t listen to them or take a great deal of notice.”

----------------------------------------------

He really doesn't give a damn about the fans, does he?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 23:26]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:26 - Mar 13 with 4760 viewsGuthrum

In reality, the fans are not part of his job description. It is just to win matches and hopefully attain promotion to the Premier League.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:36 - Mar 13 with 4657 viewspointofblue

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:26 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

In reality, the fans are not part of his job description. It is just to win matches and hopefully attain promotion to the Premier League.

But the players need support; the club needs support. How does he expect to acquire promotion on the pittance Evans will give him if fans increasingly turn in their season tickets?

From Mick's interview with Phil on 23:38 - Mar 13 with 4639 viewstextbackup

Takes so little notice that he got them to wait on the pitch and said his presence caused the atmosphere...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

From Mick's interview with Phil on 23:40 - Mar 13 with 4602 viewspointofblue

From Mick's interview with Phil on 23:38 - Mar 13 by textbackup

Takes so little notice that he got them to wait on the pitch and said his presence caused the atmosphere...

The more someone says something doesn't affect them the truth is probably it does, deeply.

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:47 - Mar 13 with 4563 viewsGuthrum

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:36 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

But the players need support; the club needs support. How does he expect to acquire promotion on the pittance Evans will give him if fans increasingly turn in their season tickets?

His support - and all the budget - comes from Evans.

Perhaps he deliberately plays the bogey-man as a lightning rod to shield his players?

Would it be better to play in an empty ground than a hostile one?

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:49 - Mar 13 with 4547 viewspointofblue

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:47 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

Perhaps he deliberately plays the bogey-man as a lightning rod to shield his players?

Possibly - but if income is reduced then Evans' input will have to increase to match current expenditure. Will he be willing to do that and, if not, won't the club just enter a death spiral due to lack of funding?

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:50 - Mar 13 with 4542 viewstextbackup

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:47 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

We had about 9000 there tonight, it wasn't really that hostile IMHO, it wasn't great but its wasn't that bad

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:59 - Mar 13 with 4493 viewsGuthrum

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:49 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

Possibly - but if income is reduced then Evans' input will have to increase to match current expenditure. Will he be willing to do that and, if not, won't the club just enter a death spiral due to lack of funding?

Yes.

Login to get fewer ads

FromMick's interview with Phil on 00:01 - Mar 14 with 4484 viewsGuthrum

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:50 - Mar 13 by textbackup

We had about 9000 there tonight, it wasn't really that hostile IMHO, it wasn't great but its wasn't that bad

Certainly sounded pretty actively hostile on the radio.

FromMick's interview with Phil on 00:04 - Mar 14 with 4463 viewspointofblue

FromMick's interview with Phil on 23:59 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

Yes.

Therefore the fans need to be onside - there needs to be an incentive to pull us in and get involved in the club. At the moment every thread connecting the fanbase to the club is being cut and Mick took scissors to a couple more tonight with his post match comments.

FromMick's interview with Phil on 00:12 - Mar 14 with 4424 viewsStNeotsBlue

FromMick's interview with Phil on 00:01 - Mar 14 by Guthrum

Certainly sounded pretty actively hostile on the radio.

John Duncan and Mick McGiven got it a lot worse. MMc gets a fairly easy ride here compared to many other equivalent clubs. It is game over for him here.

This isn't something I'm crowing about as he'd have got us up in 2015 if Evans had gambled in January, a Marcus Stewart type signing would have seen us up, as it was we scraped into the play offs.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 0:13]
From Mick's interview with Phil on 00:14 - Mar 14 with 4412 viewsmadmouse1959

It goes a lot further than that. How do you expect parents taking their children to a game with people around them standing up and shouting abuse and the sound of booing. ? It has all gone too far now.

shampoo dave

FromMick's interview with Phil on 00:18 - Mar 14 with 4381 viewsGuthrum

FromMick's interview with Phil on 00:04 - Mar 14 by pointofblue

Therefore the fans need to be onside - there needs to be an incentive to pull us in and get involved in the club. At the moment every thread connecting the fanbase to the club is being cut and Mick took scissors to a couple more tonight with his post match comments.

Sorry, the "Yes" was me speaking, not my assessment of McCarthy's thoughts.

While he might get shouted at for 90 minutes once or twice a week, plus having the odd slightly fractious presser, I very much doubt he wallows in debate about the state of the club every day, as many of we fans do.

Like a Second World War bomber pilot, he can retreat to the comfort of the ITFC cocoon between the brief bursts of combat.

Half of which take place away from Portman Road anyway. And several of which we've won recently - happy fans cheering the success.

I think, also, he recognises that things are irrepairably damaged, so is seeking to turn that into a virtue (siege mentality).

From Mick's interview with Phil on 00:20 - Mar 14 with 4366 viewsnorth_stand77

Would Sir Bobby Robson have had that attitude to the fans?
No, he was way too classy.
From Mick's interview with Phil on 00:35 - Mar 14 with 4297 viewsericclacton

What happened in that football ground tonight, should never be talked about.

The managers first eleven was chosen to lose the game.

The manager was on a big sulk..........and has got what he wished for.........sweet f.a.

With him the fan will always be the fool.
From Mick's interview with Phil on 05:44 - Mar 14 with 3991 viewstiptreeblue

From Mick's interview with Phil on 00:14 - Mar 14 by madmouse1959

It goes a lot further than that. How do you expect parents taking their children to a game with people around them standing up and shouting abuse and the sound of booing. ? It has all gone too far now.

People who take their children to watch that garbage should be done for child abuse mate
From Mick's interview with Phil on 05:47 - Mar 14 with 3985 viewsBenters2

Mick out take Milne with you.

Evans either invest in our club or sell up.

End of.
FromMick's interview with Phil on 06:05 - Mar 14 with 3941 viewsbrogansnose

FromMick's interview with Phil on 00:12 - Mar 14 by StNeotsBlue

John Duncan and Mick McGiven got it a lot worse. MMc gets a fairly easy ride here compared to many other equivalent clubs. It is game over for him here.

This isn't something I'm crowing about as he'd have got us up in 2015 if Evans had gambled in January, a Marcus Stewart type signing would have seen us up, as it was we scraped into the play offs.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 0:13]

My thoughts entirely.

I'm more of a Mickista than most and I think that Evans has squandered his best chance of getting out of this poxy league by not supporting Mick, but its over now. There really is no way back and in reality there hasn't been for some time. Evans has to act to stop this because it'll only get worse. Its bloody horrible in so many respects.
From Mick's interview with Phil on 06:12 - Mar 14 with 3905 viewschristiand

From Mick's interview with Phil on 23:40 - Mar 13 by pointofblue

The more someone says something doesn't affect them the truth is probably it does, deeply.

You’re right Point of Blue, if he didn’t care he wouldn’t have reacted like he did at Norwich towards the fans.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

FromMick's interview with Phil on 07:55 - Mar 14 with 3640 viewspeterleeblue

FromMick's interview with Phil on 06:05 - Mar 14 by brogansnose

My thoughts entirely.

I'm more of a Mickista than most and I think that Evans has squandered his best chance of getting out of this poxy league by not supporting Mick, but its over now. There really is no way back and in reality there hasn't been for some time. Evans has to act to stop this because it'll only get worse. Its bloody horrible in so many respects.

Absolutely agree. Should have gone after Lincoln in reality. Perversely I was proud that we didn't sack MM then and were prepared to stick with him. I was still with him after the Norwich game and gutted with the last second salvage by N****h. In reality there was still a sniff of the play offs after that match and I felt the Sheff Utd / Hull games presented a serious 1 2 opportunity to make one last push. Even failing this season I still harboured belief that some fit midfielders, a year older kids and a canny transfer could push us on next season. However as soon as I saw the team last night my initial thoughts were "WTF That's a team to lose". 9 Cautions my a*se!! I'm Sorry MM - Thanks but time to go.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024