Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online glasses 11:17 - Mar 31 with 2778 viewsslump

Does anyone have any experience of one of the many only glasses companies?

How were they?

Asking for a friend....

UTT

Online glasses on 11:40 - Mar 31 with 2742 viewsKeno

if you have a basic prescription you could be ok but getting the measure right can be tricky

If you have any 'special needs' such as varifocal or that thing I can't spell sounds like astagmatism it isn't straight forward

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Online glasses on 11:43 - Mar 31 with 2747 viewswkj

This is something I would think is much better doing in person to be honest. The vision market is fairly competitive on the highstreet any way.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Online glasses on 11:48 - Mar 31 with 2737 viewsRyorry

Online glasses on 11:43 - Mar 31 by wkj

This is something I would think is much better doing in person to be honest. The vision market is fairly competitive on the highstreet any way.

Agree. I found Vision Express excellent, much better (higher ratio staff to customers) than Specsavers, whose customer service was awful in the shop (crowded, long waits).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Online glasses on 12:13 - Mar 31 with 2721 viewsslump

Online glasses on 11:43 - Mar 31 by wkj

This is the way I will go I think. I tried the "virtual" online fit and it all went a bit Arthur Askey on me.

Just wondered if anyone has had any success.

And yes, I use varifocals, if that's how it's spelt.

UTT

Online glasses on 12:16 - Mar 31 with 2714 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Online glasses on 12:13 - Mar 31 by slump

This is the way I will go I think. I tried the "virtual" online fit and it all went a bit Arthur Askey on me.

Just wondered if anyone has had any success.

And yes, I use varifocals, if that's how it's spelt.

I think you mean your friend!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Online glasses on 12:18 - Mar 31 with 2705 viewsslump

Online glasses on 12:16 - Mar 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think you mean your friend!

If it wasn't for them pesky kids.....

UTT

Online glasses on 12:21 - Mar 31 with 2695 viewsBrixtonBlue

I used Zenni Optical which were dirt cheap. Got a test (free with work) at Spec Savers... then input my details onto ZO's website, uploaded a pic, found a frame that looked alright and bob's your uncle.

I only use them to ease the strain on my eyes in front of my laptop at work, so I'm not a regular glasses wearer, but I didn't have a problem with ZO (although they are based in America I think so you have to allow time for postage). And they were a fraction of the price on the high street.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Online glasses on 12:31 - Mar 31 with 2676 viewsslump

Online glasses on 12:21 - Mar 31 by BrixtonBlue

I used Zenni Optical which were dirt cheap. Got a test (free with work) at Spec Savers... then input my details onto ZO's website, uploaded a pic, found a frame that looked alright and bob's your uncle.

I only use them to ease the strain on my eyes in front of my laptop at work, so I'm not a regular glasses wearer, but I didn't have a problem with ZO (although they are based in America I think so you have to allow time for postage). And they were a fraction of the price on the high street.

It really is quicker and easier to go in a shop.

2 pairs of varifocals will be between £150 and £200 for mid range non designer brand frames

Edit: That's what my friend said anyway
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 12:36]

UTT

Login to get fewer ads

Online glasses on 12:40 - Mar 31 with 2654 viewsRyorry

Online glasses on 12:31 - Mar 31 by slump

2 pairs of varifocals will be between £150 and £200 for mid range non designer brand frames

With varifocals being so expensive (I wear them too) it's worth paying a bit extra to get the scratch-protected lenses.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Online glasses on 12:53 - Mar 31 with 2632 viewsBrixtonBlue

Online glasses on 12:31 - Mar 31 by slump

Well obviously it's quicker and easier to go in a shop! You asked for online experience, so I gave it!

My glasses cost about £12.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Online glasses on 12:56 - Mar 31 with 2621 viewsslump

Online glasses on 12:53 - Mar 31 by BrixtonBlue

Well obviously it's quicker and easier to go in a shop! You asked for online experience, so I gave it!

My glasses cost about £12.

Do you want a row?

UTT

Online glasses on 12:57 - Mar 31 with 2618 viewsBrixtonBlue

Online glasses on 12:56 - Mar 31 by slump

Do you want a row?

Jesus, I wish I hadn't bothered trying to help!

Online glasses on 13:00 - Mar 31 with 2608 viewsslump

Online glasses on 12:57 - Mar 31 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus, I wish I hadn't bothered trying to help!

Your response was tetchy. Have a word with yourself mister.

I appreciated your response, looked it up, considered it further and thought I'd respond in kind.

Ohhhhhmmmmmmm

UTT

Online glasses on 13:03 - Mar 31 with 2598 viewsLord_Lucan

Seeing that I'm bored again I just tried an online eye test. I read what to do, took my glasses off and couldn't see a thing. Seems online eye tests are only suitable for people with 20/20 vision.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Online glasses on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 2592 viewsBrixtonBlue

Online glasses on 13:00 - Mar 31 by slump

Your response was tetchy. Have a word with yourself mister.

I appreciated your response, looked it up, considered it further and thought I'd respond in kind.

Ohhhhhmmmmmmm

There's nothing tetchy about my response, it was factual.

If you want to pay £200 instead of £12 because it's quicker and easier that's up to you.

Like I say, I was just giving you the advice you asked for.

Online glasses on 13:07 - Mar 31 with 2589 viewsslump

Online glasses on 13:03 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

Seeing that I'm bored again I just tried an online eye test. I read what to do, took my glasses off and couldn't see a thing. Seems online eye tests are only suitable for people with 20/20 vision.

I'm going to have to try this

UTT

Online glasses on 13:17 - Mar 31 with 2567 viewsLord_Lucan

Online glasses on 13:07 - Mar 31 by slump

I'm going to have to try this

It's not fit for purpose, I couldn't even see my computer keypad to type in what I couldn't see.

I then took the test with my glasses on to see if they were adequate but it tells you to read the screen 1 meter away and then type in the letters. This only works for people with 1 meter long arms.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Online glasses on 13:18 - Mar 31 with 2566 viewsslump

Online glasses on 13:06 - Mar 31 by BrixtonBlue

There's nothing tetchy about my response, it was factual.

If you want to pay £200 instead of £12 because it's quicker and easier that's up to you.

Like I say, I was just giving you the advice you asked for.

Your response was tetchy and if you had read mine then you would appreciate that you are comparing two different products.

You can get reading glasses from most pound shops.

UTT

Online glasses on 13:23 - Mar 31 with 2555 viewsslump

Online glasses on 13:17 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

It's not fit for purpose, I couldn't even see my computer keypad to type in what I couldn't see.

I then took the test with my glasses on to see if they were adequate but it tells you to read the screen 1 meter away and then type in the letters. This only works for people with 1 meter long arms.

I did the exact same thing just now and had to chuckle.

Bonkers!

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024