Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London murder rate higher than New York 09:52 - Apr 4 with 2350 viewsMeenoITFC

for the first time ever.. Rise of 40% in three years, and looking to continue to get worse.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/london-murder-rate-higher-new-york-city-first-time-
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 9:52]

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

London murder rate higher than New York on 09:54 - Apr 4 with 2332 viewsSitfcB

Yesterday's news is today's chip paper...

London. by Benters2 3 Apr 2018 7:01
Sky News reporting this morning.(and good old Auntie B for Facty)

London murder rate overtakes New York for the first time ever after a spate of fatal stabbings and shootings.

Still Sadiq Kahn and the government stopped the 'stop and search'policy as it was seen as racist or something?

That will learn em.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

London murder rate higher than New York on 09:56 - Apr 4 with 2317 viewsSwailsey

Oh god.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

London murder rate higher than New York on 09:58 - Apr 4 with 2311 viewsMeenoITFC

London murder rate higher than New York on 09:54 - Apr 4 by SitfcB

Yesterday's news is today's chip paper...

London. by Benters2 3 Apr 2018 7:01
Sky News reporting this morning.(and good old Auntie B for Facty)

London murder rate overtakes New York for the first time ever after a spate of fatal stabbings and shootings.

Still Sadiq Kahn and the government stopped the 'stop and search'policy as it was seen as racist or something?

That will learn em.

haha just seen this. I missed the boat

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:04 - Apr 4 with 2304 viewsGuthrum

Only by a single case in each of those two individual months. I'd like to see the figures for other time periods.

In any case, London and New York are about the same size.

The numbers overall are statisitcally very low (22 in a city of 8.8 million is a 0.00025% per capita murder rate). A single event, such as a war between two local gangs, can significantly skew the figures with only a couple of killings.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:05 - Apr 4 with 2297 viewsartsbossbeard

London murder rate higher than New York on 09:58 - Apr 4 by MeenoITFC

haha just seen this. I missed the boat

You missed nothing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:11 - Apr 4 with 2289 viewsNo9

According to some gadger on the radio this morning, this is to do with gang wars between the East end & North London with not enough police to break the gangs up or to deal with them.
London murder rate higher than New York on 10:18 - Apr 4 with 2275 viewsPhilTWTD

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:04 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

Only by a single case in each of those two individual months. I'd like to see the figures for other time periods.

The numbers overall are statisitcally very low (22 in a city of 8.8 million is a 0.00025% per capita murder rate). A single event, such as a war between two local gangs, can significantly skew the figures with only a couple of killings.

Piece on the selective use of stats here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43628494
London murder rate higher than New York on 10:28 - Apr 4 with 2247 viewscrunchie1978

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:11 - Apr 4 by No9

According to some gadger on the radio this morning, this is to do with gang wars between the East end & North London with not enough police to break the gangs up or to deal with them.

What about the "westside"...innit!
Login to get fewer ads

London murder rate higher than New York on 11:45 - Apr 4 with 2188 viewsNo9

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:28 - Apr 4 by crunchie1978

He never mentioned the west side - just East end & North - drug dealres & no effective police force.
Thw westside is little Russia
London murder rate higher than New York on 12:07 - Apr 4 with 2156 viewsSwansea_Blue

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:18 - Apr 4 by PhilTWTD

Piece on the selective use of stats here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43628494

It amazes me that this even needs to be pointed out. People fall for the same short-termism in relation to data for all sorts of things - Brexit 'impacts' a prime one at the monet, climate change another.

Surely it should be self-evident that one month's worth of data isn't giving the whole picture? Although I suppose if people just read the red top headlines they probably don't even realise the timescale in question.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

London murder rate higher than New York on 13:44 - Apr 4 with 2077 viewsTIB

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:28 - Apr 4 by crunchie1978

Naaaaah blud...East Side iz da best

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

London murder rate higher than New York on 14:23 - Apr 4 with 2042 viewsRadlett_blue

London murder rate higher than New York on 10:04 - Apr 4 by Guthrum

I'm sure a very high proportion of the murders in London are gang related. That doesn't mean that the killings don't matter, but it does mean that they are unlikely to be curbed by conventional measures & it also means that the risk to most members of the public is minimal, whatever the media hysteria might indicate.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

London murder rate higher than New York on 15:35 - Apr 4 with 2020 viewscrunchie1978

London murder rate higher than New York on 11:45 - Apr 4 by No9

He never mentioned the west side - just East end & North - drug dealres & no effective police force.
Thw westside is little Russia

Yeah I know that's where I scored that nerve agent.
Rum gear that buh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024