Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 Boars now Rescued 15:17 - Jul 9 with 1903 viewsSamuelowen88

More good news from Thailand.

Really impressive how they are doing this whilst at the same time preventing the media circus getting out of hand. Not letting any names of the rescued out incase something goes wrong.

Also, they have been invited to the World Cup final if they are well enough.

Poll: England v Wales Score

8 Boars now Rescued on 15:25 - Jul 9 with 1883 viewsconnorscontract

They really shouldn't be at the World Cup Final.

Transcontinental flight, different time zone, crowds and media and flashing lights after being stuck in a dark confined space for days.

A really bad idea- it's come 3 months too soon for them!

So sad that a diver had died, but the skill, professionalism courage and focus of all involved is remarkable.
8 Boars now Rescued on 18:16 - Jul 9 with 1777 viewsWestSussexBlue

8 Boars as well as 8 lads. Impressive stuff by the rescue team.
8 Boars now Rescued on 18:25 - Jul 9 with 1760 viewsjeera

8 Boars now Rescued on 18:16 - Jul 9 by WestSussexBlue

8 Boars as well as 8 lads. Impressive stuff by the rescue team.

I suppose they've got to eat.

Joking aside, it has been an amazing saga so far and may the rest and their brave rescuers get out safely.

I hope the family of the man who lost his life at least get looked after properly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

8 Boars now Rescued on 18:36 - Jul 9 with 1739 viewsfooters

8 Boars now Rescued on 15:25 - Jul 9 by connorscontract

They really shouldn't be at the World Cup Final.

Transcontinental flight, different time zone, crowds and media and flashing lights after being stuck in a dark confined space for days.

A really bad idea- it's come 3 months too soon for them!

So sad that a diver had died, but the skill, professionalism courage and focus of all involved is remarkable.

They can come to an even bigger sporting event- our first home game under Hurst.

The diver losing his life was tragic but it's been impressive how quickly and methodically the authorities seem to have moved to rescue them. Can you imagine being that far underwater in a dark, damp cave for that long? It frightens the life out of me.

Here's hoping they're all out relatively safe and sound very soon. Great work by all involved.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

8 Boars now Rescued on 18:41 - Jul 9 with 1731 viewsjeera

8 Boars now Rescued on 18:36 - Jul 9 by footers

They can come to an even bigger sporting event- our first home game under Hurst.

The diver losing his life was tragic but it's been impressive how quickly and methodically the authorities seem to have moved to rescue them. Can you imagine being that far underwater in a dark, damp cave for that long? It frightens the life out of me.

Here's hoping they're all out relatively safe and sound very soon. Great work by all involved.

A group of adults would have turned on each other after a few days.

The resolve of these kids is quite extraordinary really.

Edit: I may wide of the mark here, but these guys [ the rescuers] are the types I'd call heroes.

These are the types of people who should be lined up for knighthoods, not celebrities, nor film stars and sports persons. Actual heroes. Like firemen who risk their own existence for what they believe in.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 18:46]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

8 Boars now Rescued on 18:44 - Jul 9 with 1721 viewsfooters

8 Boars now Rescued on 18:41 - Jul 9 by jeera

A group of adults would have turned on each other after a few days.

The resolve of these kids is quite extraordinary really.

Edit: I may wide of the mark here, but these guys [ the rescuers] are the types I'd call heroes.

These are the types of people who should be lined up for knighthoods, not celebrities, nor film stars and sports persons. Actual heroes. Like firemen who risk their own existence for what they believe in.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 18:46]

Yep, absolutely. I'd have gone batsh1t after a couple of hours! How those divers found them in the first place amazes me. Must have been like finding a needle in a haystack.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

8 Boars now Rescued on 07:14 - Jul 10 with 1612 viewsVic

I may have missed someth8ng, but how come the group went that far into the cave? If they are 5+ hours into the cave and with some parts of th escape route only 15 inches high why on earth did they go that far in? Or did they go in via a different, but now inaccessible route?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

on 07:48 - Jul 10 with 1579 views_

8 Boars now Rescued on 07:14 - Jul 10 by Vic

I may have missed someth8ng, but how come the group went that far into the cave? If they are 5+ hours into the cave and with some parts of th escape route only 15 inches high why on earth did they go that far in? Or did they go in via a different, but now inaccessible route?

Login to get fewer ads

8 Boars now Rescued on 08:54 - Jul 10 with 1530 viewsSamuelowen88

8 Boars now Rescued on 07:14 - Jul 10 by Vic

Assume it didnt take that long to go in when dry.

But probably realised they were trapped and looked around for another way out/ high ground.

8 Boars now Rescued on 12:56 - Jul 10 with 1446 viewsSamuelowen88

apparently now all out, including the coach.

Really impressive work by all involved.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024