Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Def info! 08:30 - Jul 25 with 2502 viewsDigger

My first ever bit of def info!
I have a friend who plays golf with Jack Lankester’s dad and occasionally Grandad too.

Apparently Leeds have made a bid but we have turned it down as the academy team are very excited for his future.
His grandad (who once apparently earned himself an England cap) is becoming very frustrated at Towns empty promises and starting to lean on the kid to move away.

Apparently town keep saying they are going to offer X,Y & Z but so far nothing has materialised

Maybe ITFCJoe may know more?
Disclaimer:
I havnt bothered to look up his grandads history or what the situation is with academy players and contracts/where we stand against bids but the person who told me has no affiliation try to Ipswich and no reason to lie.
Def info! on 08:32 - Jul 25 with 2437 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lets not badmouth the academy based on hearsay.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Def info! on 08:52 - Jul 25 with 2224 viewsBasuco

Too many academy kids are starting to get ridicules amounts of money very early in their career and it appears Jacks family are wanting a piece of the action. Only hearsay I know but young Jack should concentrate on getting in the first team, put in performances that attract attention then the riches will naturally follow. But what would we as parents do in a similar situation for real? Who knows.
Def info! on 09:15 - Jul 25 with 2018 viewsfloridaboy

Def info! on 08:52 - Jul 25 by Basuco

Too many academy kids are starting to get ridicules amounts of money very early in their career and it appears Jacks family are wanting a piece of the action. Only hearsay I know but young Jack should concentrate on getting in the first team, put in performances that attract attention then the riches will naturally follow. But what would we as parents do in a similar situation for real? Who knows.

Spot on! The boy obviously saw what Ben Knights was going to get at City and his parents obviously want a piece of the action. Parents driving these transfers IMHO!!

Yes he may well go on to be a very good player BUT there is no guarantees in football.

Just like Knights if Leeds - Leeds for god sake - offer a million then take it.

Will these youngsters get to ever play top flights football. Who knows! Might finish up at the likes of Tranmere or Scunthorpe.
Def info! on 09:19 - Jul 25 with 1975 viewshype313

You can see why Knight went to City, probably huge sums involved and the chance to learn under Guardiola, Leeds however? Basket case of a club, He'll had gone through 6 managers by the time he's old enough to buy a pint.

If his Grandad is advising him then someone needs to give him some home truths.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Def info! on 09:27 - Jul 25 with 1899 viewsCurrie10

Def info! on 08:52 - Jul 25 by Basuco

One injury from career being over in football.

Players market now - if we're peeing around and rate him highly, and the agent etc knows another clubs will pay 5-10x more than we're prepared to offer....

Hypothetical but if we think he's going to be this that tother - put up or shut up.
Def info! on 09:30 - Jul 25 with 1854 viewsfloridaboy

Def info! on 09:27 - Jul 25 by Currie10

One injury from career being over in football.

Players market now - if we're peeing around and rate him highly, and the agent etc knows another clubs will pay 5-10x more than we're prepared to offer....

Hypothetical but if we think he's going to be this that tother - put up or shut up.

Why have these kids got agents who basically only want to move them about to feather their own nest.

Would love to see a rule whereby agents cant be involved in the youngsters until they are say 19/20 but 16/17. So wrong
Def info! on 09:33 - Jul 25 with 1820 viewsCurrie10

Def info! on 09:30 - Jul 25 by floridaboy

Why have these kids got agents who basically only want to move them about to feather their own nest.

Would love to see a rule whereby agents cant be involved in the youngsters until they are say 19/20 but 16/17. So wrong

If the can legally sign a working contract aged 16 which is the same as a professional contract aged 33 then.......... not a lot we can do mate.

Unless they CANNOT sign a pro deal until full adult aged 18 - and if that's what you want - we'll lose bucket loads more even earlier.

It's broken.
Def info! on 09:41 - Jul 25 with 1749 viewsitfcjoe

I'd be very surprised if he moved on, because he hasn't done a lot yet.

He barely played as a first year, had a good season as a second year but really kicked on towards the end of it - if he carries that form on, and improvement, which he has so far in pre season then he'll be pushing hard this season.

Tough, because he has Drinan, Morris and Folami to compete with.

Be interested to see if he plays for the U23s tonight, or did he travel yesterday because club wanted Drinan and Folami to get minutes tonight so sent Jack there yesterday - we'll find out tonight.

But, if he leaves, it'll be more akin to Sam Ford leaving than anyone else who was poached.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Def info! on 09:46 - Jul 25 with 1663 viewsJoHnNnY

This is probably the most reliable “def info” for a while.

I know Harry Clarke’s auntie - she said the only reason he left and signed for Arsenal is that we faffed about with offering him something solid, the gunners made a offer, he went cause he wasn’t even sure if anything would come his way from us.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024