Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what are we waiting for?? 10:04 - Aug 7 with 1538 viewsGerkensBeard

Are we waiting to unveil a triple signing of the shrews boys and Jackson? Has Nolan failed his medical and we’re now in for Windass? Or is Windass seen as an alternative to Jackson although he’s predominantly a no.10.
Or am I getting carried away and the shrews boys will be announced after they’ve both trained for the first time today
So what are we waiting for?? on 10:05 - Aug 7 with 1519 viewsDanTheMan

Unfortunately only there are only 2 nurses spots in Ipswich hospital and all 3 of them have partners who need a job there.

So we're currently waiting on the NHS to decide which ones to hire.

Very standard practice for football clubs.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:17 - Aug 7 with 1433 viewsGerkensBeard

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:05 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

Unfortunately only there are only 2 nurses spots in Ipswich hospital and all 3 of them have partners who need a job there.

I know that’s an ongoing joke. But did that actually happen with a player/s whose wives worked at the hospital? I’m only 24 so only remember as far back as the Burley era
So what are we waiting for?? on 10:18 - Aug 7 with 1414 viewsDanTheMan

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:17 - Aug 7 by GerkensBeard

I know that’s an ongoing joke. But did that actually happen with a player/s whose wives worked at the hospital? I’m only 24 so only remember as far back as the Burley era

As far as I'm aware no, it's a TWTD in-joke because someone once claimed that a player was signing and his wife had just become a nurse at Ipswich Hospital.

I imagine the thread has since been archived.

EDIT: As below, James Coppinger was the player. Looks like Phil said it had come originally from a Doncaster forum.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 10:21]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:19 - Aug 7 with 1411 viewsJoeSoap

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:05 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

It's Mrs Coppinger's fault. She took the job and then refused to leave when little Jimmy's transfer didn't go through.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:21 - Aug 7 with 1364 viewsGooders7592

Jamie Clapham's wife did actually work at West Suffolk Hospital.
So what are we waiting for?? on 10:21 - Aug 7 with 1366 viewsPhilTWTD

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:18 - Aug 7 by DanTheMan

As far as I'm aware no, it's a TWTD in-joke because someone once claimed that a player was signing and his wife had just become a nurse at Ipswich Hospital.

I imagine the thread has since been archived.

EDIT: As below, James Coppinger was the player. Looks like Phil said it had come originally from a Doncaster forum.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 10:21]

It was James Coppinger, it was rumoured on a Doncaster forum that his wife had got a job at Ipswich Hospital and the tale migrated on to here.
So what are we waiting for?? on 10:21 - Aug 7 with 1364 viewsJoeSoap

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:17 - Aug 7 by GerkensBeard

It was a def info thing when a poster identified James Coppinger's wife at the hospital having an interview, or something equally as silly.

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:29 - Aug 7 with 1290 viewsCoastalblue

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:21 - Aug 7 by JoeSoap

It was a def info thing when a poster identified James Coppinger's wife at the hospital having an interview, or something equally as silly.

Don't forget all the postmen, they always see new player's new address before they've signed, and always worth checking if Curbs is renting out one of his Woodbridge pads to an incoming player.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:33 - Aug 7 with 1247 viewsagentp

We are waiting for a surprise!

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:34 - Aug 7 with 1232 viewsJoeSoap

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:29 - Aug 7 by Coastalblue

Don't forget all the postmen, they always see new player's new address before they've signed, and always worth checking if Curbs is renting out one of his Woodbridge pads to an incoming player.

And the hoards of potential signings hanging round in Tesco in Copdock.

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:35 - Aug 7 with 1226 viewshype313

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:21 - Aug 7 by PhilTWTD

It was James Coppinger, it was rumoured on a Doncaster forum that his wife had got a job at Ipswich Hospital and the tale migrated on to here.

It's up there with someone saying they saw Curbs house hunting in Woodbridge, Ronnie Moore getting the managers gig here and Batistuta joining us.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:39 - Aug 7 with 1194 viewssolemio

So what are we waiting for?? on 10:34 - Aug 7 by JoeSoap

And the hoards of potential signings hanging round in Tesco in Copdock.

The trouble is so many of them get muddled and go to Tesco Martlesham. That and problems at the hospital are the main reasons we fail to sign players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024