Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there 07:23 - Aug 24 with 2097 viewsStokieBlue

5th PM in 5 years:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/aug/24/scott-morrison-to-become-

Crazy stuff really. No consistency of government.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 08:22 - Aug 24 with 2054 viewsDurovigutum

I'm out here at the moment. They don't seem too happy with things. Political middle ground is to the right of the UK but left of the US. What is surprising is how behind Australia are with green policies - the TV ads encourage new coal power plants which seems nuts as they have so much sun and so much space to place solar... Recycling is also ten years behind the UK, although they have more space for landfill....
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 08:25 - Aug 24 with 2043 viewsDanTheMan

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 08:22 - Aug 24 by Durovigutum

I'm out here at the moment. They don't seem too happy with things. Political middle ground is to the right of the UK but left of the US. What is surprising is how behind Australia are with green policies - the TV ads encourage new coal power plants which seems nuts as they have so much sun and so much space to place solar... Recycling is also ten years behind the UK, although they have more space for landfill....

Haven't they just had a terrible drought too?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 08:34 - Aug 24 with 2042 viewsSteve_M

Utterly bizarre, and that coupled with the continual loss of MPs who have suddenly discovered they have dual nationality and are thus unable to sit in Parliament.

It is a little more than a coincidence, but much less than a cause, that the Murdoch media is so vocal in Australia, the US and here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 09:05 - Aug 24 with 2010 viewsGuthrum

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 08:25 - Aug 24 by DanTheMan

Haven't they just had a terrible drought too?

The drought is still going on.

Moreover, Turnbull is threatening to leave Parliament altogether, which could wipe out the government's single-seat majority. He was also the party's largest individual donor.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 09:14 - Aug 24 with 2000 viewsDurovigutum

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 09:05 - Aug 24 by Guthrum

The drought is still going on.

Moreover, Turnbull is threatening to leave Parliament altogether, which could wipe out the government's single-seat majority. He was also the party's largest individual donor.

Drought is ongoing, some places haven't had rain since we were last here in 2015! Yes, Turnball has now said he will quit politics and his Sydney seat will go to a by-election. His party have a single seat majority, so it's likely to become even less stable.
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 10:46 - Aug 24 with 1944 viewsNo9

Is it JUST, the English speaking world having these issues?
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 11:09 - Aug 24 with 1938 viewsStokieBlue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 08:22 - Aug 24 by Durovigutum

I'm only here for a few weeks but it doesn't seem to be a big deal. They seem just as disillusioned with politics as everyone else on the planet.

SB

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 1920 viewsTractorWood

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 11:09 - Aug 24 by StokieBlue

I'm only here for a few weeks but it doesn't seem to be a big deal. They seem just as disillusioned with politics as everyone else on the planet.

SB

The economy continues to grow on the resource boom. Places like Perth have seen 20%-30% wage increases in the last 3 years. Politics is always easier to not engage when everything is rosey.

Everyone I know who lives there makes loads of money, spends their spare time travelling and surfing and never work past 5:01. I wonder how long the party will last?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:03 - Aug 24 with 1898 viewsurbanblue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 11:41 - Aug 24 by TractorWood

The economy continues to grow on the resource boom. Places like Perth have seen 20%-30% wage increases in the last 3 years. Politics is always easier to not engage when everything is rosey.

Everyone I know who lives there makes loads of money, spends their spare time travelling and surfing and never work past 5:01. I wonder how long the party will last?

Well, maybe that's the people you know who clearly are earning the dollars but If you think that's what it's like for the average Aussie you are so, so , wrong!!! Many doing it really tough over here none more then the farmers affected by the drought among whom there are record suicide levels.

I could go on and on about what is going on here but for you to base what life is like in Australia based on a few of your mates on a hooray is, quite frankly, ridiculous!
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:04 - Aug 24 with 1894 viewsurbanblue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 11:09 - Aug 24 by StokieBlue

SB

Where are you Stokie?
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:07 - Aug 24 with 1891 viewsurbanblue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 09:14 - Aug 24 by Durovigutum

Drought is ongoing, some places haven't had rain since we were last here in 2015! Yes, Turnball has now said he will quit politics and his Sydney seat will go to a by-election. His party have a single seat majority, so it's likely to become even less stable.

Turnbull finally grew some balls right at the end and metaphorically speaking did the equivalent of strapping himself with explosives to take some of the rebels with him! It worked too. A minor victory but the extreme Conservatives didn't win. A touch of sweetness for Turnbull in his defeat!
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:07 - Aug 24 with 1889 viewsStokieBlue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 11:41 - Aug 24 by TractorWood

China have already stopped buying their resources in the quantities they were, it'll be similar to Aberdeen after the North sea boom I guess.

SB

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:08 - Aug 24 with 1882 viewsStokieBlue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:04 - Aug 24 by urbanblue

Where are you Stokie?

In Melbourne for a few weeks. Been good thus far, nice city. Just back from a few days in the Grampians.

SB

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:16 - Aug 24 with 1871 viewsurbanblue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:08 - Aug 24 by StokieBlue

In Melbourne for a few weeks. Been good thus far, nice city. Just back from a few days in the Grampians.

SB

Melbourne"s a great city. Most European like over here. Have a beer on Brunswick Street in Fitzroy for me ... Good spot.

If you fancy a bit of lovely Winter sun and find yourself anywhere near Byron Bay up in Northern NSW do give me PM eh!
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:29 - Aug 24 with 1844 viewsTractorWood

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:03 - Aug 24 by urbanblue

Well, maybe that's the people you know who clearly are earning the dollars but If you think that's what it's like for the average Aussie you are so, so , wrong!!! Many doing it really tough over here none more then the farmers affected by the drought among whom there are record suicide levels.

I could go on and on about what is going on here but for you to base what life is like in Australia based on a few of your mates on a hooray is, quite frankly, ridiculous!

Not quite. It's also based on Simon Reeve's 3 part documentary which heavily emphasised the resource boom and influx of skilled workers milking it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:37 - Aug 24 with 1836 viewsBarneycurley

Haha you need to stop reading romance novels. The WA economy has been in decline for 5 years my mate who lives in North Perth has had his house valued and lost 40k on it. Plus most peopl e in Perth finish before 5 (the ones that earn mega bucks according to you)

And lastly no one in Perth surfs!

But do keep trying

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:41 - Aug 24 with 1834 viewshype313

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:37 - Aug 24 by Barneycurley

Haha you need to stop reading romance novels. The WA economy has been in decline for 5 years my mate who lives in North Perth has had his house valued and lost 40k on it. Plus most peopl e in Perth finish before 5 (the ones that earn mega bucks according to you)

And lastly no one in Perth surfs!

But do keep trying

Just like us, Australia has a nasty housing bubble on the horizon.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:49 - Aug 24 with 1816 viewsBarneycurley

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:41 - Aug 24 by hype313

Just like us, Australia has a nasty housing bubble on the horizon.

Indeed melb and syd absolutely obscene prices. I live in Adelaide which still compared to 10 years ago is overpriced.

Some ppl are going to get their greedy fingers burned... hopefully

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 13:03 - Aug 24 with 1796 viewsbaxterbasics

Pretty bad in the UK? I would take issue with this, I still believe we are one of the best governed countries in the world. I'm referring to the system rather than which party is in charge. It's known as 'the Mother of all Parliaments' for a reason!

I'm no expert on Australia but I'd say they still compare OK up against the likes of Italy (always unstable), and pretty much anywhere in Africa or South America.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 13:13 - Aug 24 with 1793 viewsurbanblue

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 12:29 - Aug 24 by TractorWood

Not quite. It's also based on Simon Reeve's 3 part documentary which heavily emphasised the resource boom and influx of skilled workers milking it.

That's 2013 mate!!!! It all came tumbling down just after. Now they are all delivery drivers trying to service their $1000 a week mortgages! People left in droves ... The party is over and a lot are in big trouble. I lived in Perth for 10 years but left in 2012 when prices of everything went through the roof because of the boom and us ordinary Joes couldn't keep up. It was always going to end in tears!!
Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 13:19 - Aug 24 with 1778 viewsTJS

Politics is pretty bad in the UK but the Aussies are right up there on 10:46 - Aug 24 by No9

Is it JUST, the English speaking world having these issues?

Given that 33% of France voted for a far-right candidate in their last election I would say no.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024