Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me 14:39 - Oct 3 with 1144 viewskizaitfc

He is sat in his 6 yard box for 95% of the game, he does not help his defenders out when trying to play out.

His kicking is atrocious it is literally Sunday league level, being a keeper is not all about the saves you make its the little things that make your defence feel more comfortable. I think during the 1st half when Toto refused to let Gerken take the ball showed exactly where he is in terms of commanding his defence.

Not saying Bart solves all the problems but he is certainly better as most on here will agree

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me on 14:54 - Oct 3 with 1097 viewsGarv

His kicking is better than Bart's. We've got much bigger problems than our keepers for me. Probably the best part of the squad right now.

I do wish he hadn't come out for the first goal, as it just gives you less reaction time. But a lot of keepers do this, I just don't get it. Maybe closes an angle or two but just forces the striker to act quickly and means you're less likely to get a hand on it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me on 15:02 - Oct 3 with 1072 viewsNazemariner

I screamed at him on many occasions to come for the ball. He puts too much pressure on his own defenders.
Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me on 15:08 - Oct 3 with 1060 viewsChocorange

The longer we leave Bart out the longer we weaken our team.

So PH is making it harder for himself to succeed.

If any of these rumours about Bart falling out are true though , then i doubt PH will change his mond back though.
Catch 22
Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me on 15:13 - Oct 3 with 1048 viewsSamWhiteUK

Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me on 14:54 - Oct 3 by Garv

His kicking is better than Bart's. We've got much bigger problems than our keepers for me. Probably the best part of the squad right now.

I do wish he hadn't come out for the first goal, as it just gives you less reaction time. But a lot of keepers do this, I just don't get it. Maybe closes an angle or two but just forces the striker to act quickly and means you're less likely to get a hand on it.

Because if you stay on your line, you give yourself no chance whatsoever. You've obviously never played in goal
Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me on 15:20 - Oct 3 with 1028 viewsBlueRaider

I agree, I did some stats when Gerken was in the team under MM, and we were averaging half a point a game more with Bart in goal.

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Have to say Gerken frustrates the hell out of me on 15:40 - Oct 3 with 983 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

I think Goalkeeping is an area where we look ok in. Its the lack of creativity in midfield and cutting edge up front that is killing us right now.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024