Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European scouting 10:32 - Oct 23 with 786 viewsHarry_Palmer

Does anybody know if we actually have any sort of European scouting network under Paul Hurst?

I always felt this was something we lacked under MM and that our recruitment process offered little imagination, it doesn't appear to be much different under PH.

I think i'm right in saying all of our summer signings were based on these shores and without checking we must have the lowest percentage of overseas players in the Championship.

I always loved the excitement of signing an unknown foreign player that just might turn out to be a gem!

European scouting on 10:50 - Oct 23 with 746 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I'll be watching Venezia vs. Brescia in a month's time. I'll try to take some notes and report back here afterwards.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

European scouting on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 743 viewsTrequartista

Not since Magilton i'd say.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

European scouting on 10:56 - Oct 23 with 728 viewsHarry_Palmer

European scouting on 10:50 - Oct 23 by BasingstokeBlue

I'll be watching Venezia vs. Brescia in a month's time. I'll try to take some notes and report back here afterwards.

Good work Basingstoke. That's what we need, people to stand up and be counted in these difficult times.
European scouting on 10:59 - Oct 23 with 719 viewsAce_High1

It is frustrating that we seem to almost exclusively focus on British players.

All of our best sides over the last 40 years had had a sprinkling of foreign magic in the team - that one flair player who could create something or someone with a bit of skill that the hard working British plodders cannot provide.

We need a Spanish, Dutch, Argentinian player in the side, someone to excite the fans!

It can't all be about cost? There are smaller clubs with lower budgets than us who still recruit from abroad.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 11:01]
European scouting on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 711 viewsBlueBadger

European scouting on 10:51 - Oct 23 by Trequartista

Not since Magilton i'd say.

Further back than that, I'd guess. Not since Royle and administration.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

European scouting on 11:22 - Oct 23 with 688 viewsBluedandy

Europe is full of squad talent hovering in or around the periphery of its top divisions.

It's just insane that we do next to nothing to scout out hidden foreign gems and instead rely almost exclusively on British born players.

Bear in mind, we paid the same money for Kayden Jackson as Brentford did for Neal Maupay from St Etienne.

We should employ a full-time European scout to sniff out these players.
European scouting on 11:26 - Oct 23 with 673 viewsDanTheMan

No. That said, that doesn't mean they cannot scout overseas as the software they use let's you do all the scouting stuff without being there.

However from what I know, it wasn't the highest priority.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

European scouting on 11:30 - Oct 23 with 668 viewsTrequartista

European scouting on 11:06 - Oct 23 by BlueBadger

Further back than that, I'd guess. Not since Royle and administration.

Don't think Royle picked up anyone abroad, or had the scope to. Jimmy Juan? Probably a triallist similar to Kevin Bru. Magilton brought in the ahem Gerrard of the Balkans, Pablo slight return and Pim whatshisface.

Burley secured a Dutchman annually. I said annually.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 11:30]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

European scouting on 11:30 - Oct 23 with 665 viewsNo9

There would not be much point in having a European scout at the moment
European scouting on 11:44 - Oct 23 with 645 viewsHarry_Palmer

European scouting on 10:59 - Oct 23 by Ace_High1

It is frustrating that we seem to almost exclusively focus on British players.

All of our best sides over the last 40 years had had a sprinkling of foreign magic in the team - that one flair player who could create something or someone with a bit of skill that the hard working British plodders cannot provide.

We need a Spanish, Dutch, Argentinian player in the side, someone to excite the fans!

It can't all be about cost? There are smaller clubs with lower budgets than us who still recruit from abroad.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 11:01]

Exactly this.

We are limiting ourselves terribly by focusing only on British ( and mainly lower division ) players, all the good sides these days tend to have a mix.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024