Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... 07:06 - Dec 5 with 2245 viewschristiand

Both on and off the pitch it's a shambles. Just appears the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. The approach for the budget for January is a fair reflection of how we've been run under ME, it really is quite embarrassing and lacks professionalism, no wonder we find ourselves struggling in most operational areas. No strategy or creative thinking, just 'HOPE' it works.....keep those fingers crossed - that'll do it!!!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 7:09]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:13 - Dec 5 with 2197 viewsBenters2

As my dear friend Brogs just text me ..

'£10m to not get relagated but not £10m to get promoted'.

I wish Evans and Milne would just piss off now.Its been a bloody nightmare in the 'Evans Years'.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 7:14]
We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:19 - Dec 5 with 2161 viewsBluefish

Do explain what you think is wrong and how it should be done.

So unlike you to be so negative

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:29 - Dec 5 with 2136 viewsSomethingBlue

What's the approach for the budget? I don't know and nor do you. They certainly aren't going to tell anyone at a public meeting.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:33 - Dec 5 with 2118 viewschristiand

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:19 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

Do explain what you think is wrong and how it should be done.

So unlike you to be so negative

No need for an explanation, it's all there in black and white. What can't speak, can't lie!! Apologies about being sooooo negative about the 'actual' state of the club, I'll get those rose tinted glasses back on, they seem to be working well for you!!!

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:36 - Dec 5 with 2106 viewsBluefish

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:33 - Dec 5 by christiand

No need for an explanation, it's all there in black and white. What can't speak, can't lie!! Apologies about being sooooo negative about the 'actual' state of the club, I'll get those rose tinted glasses back on, they seem to be working well for you!!!

If it's all there it should be easy for you to explain

Do you think maybe life supporting a small club is simply never going to be an easy ride. Clubs are never going to have things like the big famous clubs that you watch on SKY. I think perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree expecting it to be different.

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:39 - Dec 5 with 2098 viewsOxford_Blue

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:13 - Dec 5 by Benters2

As my dear friend Brogs just text me ..

'£10m to not get relagated but not £10m to get promoted'.

I wish Evans and Milne would just piss off now.Its been a bloody nightmare in the 'Evans Years'.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 7:14]

People like you keep saying Evans should go.

Ok, so who is going to make good the shortfall every season. Last year it was £8.4m.

There is only one reason we have a club at all right now and it’s Marcus Evans.

The logic of getting rid of the person who keeps the club in existence with no one to replace him is astonishing, even for a football fan.
We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:40 - Dec 5 with 2092 viewswkj

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:39 - Dec 5 by Oxford_Blue

Ok, so who is going to make good the shortfall every season. Last year it was £8.4m.

The logic of getting rid of the person who keeps the club in existence with no one to replace him is astonishing, even for a football fan.

Haven't you heard? By spending £6m a year, Evans is making out like a bandit... some how

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:42 - Dec 5 with 2085 viewschristiand

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:36 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

If it's all there it should be easy for you to explain

Do you think maybe life supporting a small club is simply never going to be an easy ride. Clubs are never going to have things like the big famous clubs that you watch on SKY. I think perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree expecting it to be different.

No you're right Bluefish, everything is looking incredibly positive with plenty to be thankful for my mistake!!

Login to get fewer ads

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:43 - Dec 5 with 2080 viewswkj

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:42 - Dec 5 by christiand

No you're right Bluefish, everything is looking incredibly positive with plenty to be thankful for my mistake!!

There there, the only mistake you made was indulging the man-child in his game, otherwise you're on point.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:51 - Dec 5 with 2050 viewsBenters2

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:40 - Dec 5 by wkj

Haven't you heard? By spending £6m a year, Evans is making out like a bandit... some how

Sadly it isnt enough in modern football terms is it.

Anyway he will have a nice pot to put towards that bill with the players he has sold.
We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:57 - Dec 5 with 2023 viewsBluefish

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:39 - Dec 5 by Oxford_Blue

Correct but we have a large amount of followers that have no idea about football outside of sky tv. They think all clubs just have to add to the record sums in the transfer windows to be part of success. They think a massive contract for a player on 300k per week is something to celebrate. The idea that there are leagues below ours that keep going all the way to grass roots doesn't come into the equation. The conference is this far removed place that we are far too big for, they forget that clubs like Luton used to be top flight and then had to suffer getting out of the conference for years. They forget that in 92 we were competing with Cambridge United to join the premier league or that man city for all of their millions were not long ago a 3rd tier side and luck put them where they are today. Leeds were champions league with 40k every game but can't get back to the premier league and have suffered a fair amount with money troubles.

Football outside the top flight is about existence, parachute payments have ruined it as a competitive world. It is now them and us and we have more in common with Ipswich wanderers than we do with man city. If you can't accept that you will go crazy trying to change it but if you can, you can learn to love what you have again. F*** sky and tv money, f*** football tourists, f*** corporates, enjoy football

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:00 - Dec 5 with 2007 viewsBenters2

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 07:57 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

Correct but we have a large amount of followers that have no idea about football outside of sky tv. They think all clubs just have to add to the record sums in the transfer windows to be part of success. They think a massive contract for a player on 300k per week is something to celebrate. The idea that there are leagues below ours that keep going all the way to grass roots doesn't come into the equation. The conference is this far removed place that we are far too big for, they forget that clubs like Luton used to be top flight and then had to suffer getting out of the conference for years. They forget that in 92 we were competing with Cambridge United to join the premier league or that man city for all of their millions were not long ago a 3rd tier side and luck put them where they are today. Leeds were champions league with 40k every game but can't get back to the premier league and have suffered a fair amount with money troubles.

Football outside the top flight is about existence, parachute payments have ruined it as a competitive world. It is now them and us and we have more in common with Ipswich wanderers than we do with man city. If you can't accept that you will go crazy trying to change it but if you can, you can learn to love what you have again. F*** sky and tv money, f*** football tourists, f*** corporates, enjoy football

Oh dear are your eyes starting to roll again?
We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:16 - Dec 5 with 1938 viewsBluefish

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:00 - Dec 5 by Benters2

Oh dear are your eyes starting to roll again?

Which bit is wrong?

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:25 - Dec 5 with 1880 viewsBenters2

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:16 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

Which bit is wrong?

Well the first part for one.
We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:41 - Dec 5 with 1826 viewsBlueAllOver

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:25 - Dec 5 by Benters2

Well the first part for one.

100% spot on in relation to you though.
We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 09:13 - Dec 5 with 1754 viewsBenters2

We're really a bit of a joke of a football club..... on 08:41 - Dec 5 by BlueAllOver

100% spot on in relation to you though.

Oh pipe down sad case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024