Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron & Osborne 11:24 - Dec 12 with 1653 viewsnrb1985

While yes we are in this mess, primarily because of Cameron's miscalculated gamble - it's become clear to me that one thing they did very well was de-toxify the tory party and make it OK for centrists/moderates to vote for them,

Who on earth though is ever going to vote for them again after this?
Cameron & Osborne on 11:28 - Dec 12 with 1625 viewsStokieBlue

According to the polls, quite a few people.

Labour aren't everyone's cup of tea at the moment and they are the only other option.

It's farcical all round.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cameron & Osborne on 11:30 - Dec 12 with 1609 viewsfooters

Hopefully those centrist and moderate voters are happy with a decade of swingeing, ideological cuts to their public services, now catastrophically underfunded if not sold to the lowest bidder.

The heir to Blair was one of the worst PMs in history. Hopefully he's having a good time in his shed.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Cameron & Osborne on 11:32 - Dec 12 with 1594 viewsjpring89

Cameron & Osborne on 11:28 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

Labour aren't everyone's cup of tea at the moment and they are the only other option.

It's farcical all round.

SB

At the moment the BNP are more appealing than The Joke Conservative party.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Cameron & Osborne on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 1588 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's farcical all round.

SB

I still can't understand how badly Labour and the Lib Dems have handled themselves through what is effectively 8 years of misery and chaos (slipped the 'c' word in there just for CIL). How bad do you have to be to not make ground on this lot

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cameron & Osborne on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 1583 viewsnrb1985

It's farcical all round.

SB

I will be voting Greens or spoiling my ballot paper moving forward.
Cameron & Osborne on 12:03 - Dec 12 with 1533 viewsCurrie10

Suppose “for the people “ Labour are the solution???
Cameron & Osborne on 12:05 - Dec 12 with 1529 viewsGuthrum

Cameron & Osborne on 11:33 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

I still can't understand how badly Labour and the Lib Dems have handled themselves through what is effectively 8 years of misery and chaos (slipped the 'c' word in there just for CIL). How bad do you have to be to not make ground on this lot

The big problem Labour has is that it's mathematically very hard for them to win a General Election.

The collapse of their Scottish voter base in 2015 (40 seats, mostly to the SNP, of which only 6 were regained last year) has left the party with a massive deficit to make up. Even the hefty swing they got in 2017 still left them about 50 seats short of being able to form an effective coalition (given the SNP are unlikely to formally ally with them, as it would damage their own credibility), let alone winning power outright.

The wiping out of the Lib Dems in the South West also does not help, as those seats went to the Conservatives, not Labour.

So, barring a currently unlikely implosion by the SNP, Labour have to win an awful lot of seats from the Conservatives - far beyond just the marginals - to get Corbyn into No 10.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 12:17]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cameron & Osborne on 12:07 - Dec 12 with 1508 viewsCurrie10

Cameron & Osborne on 11:33 - Dec 12 by nrb1985

I will be voting Greens or spoiling my ballot paper moving forward.

Voting for greens is ironically a waste of paper
Login to get fewer ads

Cameron & Osborne on 13:04 - Dec 12 with 1434 viewsnrb1985

Cameron & Osborne on 12:07 - Dec 12 by Currie10

Voting for greens is ironically a waste of paper

Lol
Cameron & Osborne on 13:11 - Dec 12 with 1412 viewsNo9

If this continues and the forecasts of a declining UK come to fruition then the next G.E. could throw up all sorts of strange results.

Will the tories split before then?

Will labour install Kier Stamer as leader?
Cameron & Osborne on 13:25 - Dec 12 with 1395 viewsBlueForYou

Cameron & Osborne on 13:11 - Dec 12 by No9

If this continues and the forecasts of a declining UK come to fruition then the next G.E. could throw up all sorts of strange results.

Will the tories split before then?

Will labour install Kier Stamer as leader?

They someone as No Clue Corbyn has absolutely no ideas. You would think the opposition would have positive plans, but this lot are the most negative group I think I've ever listened to. That's terrible for the country. I'm disgusted by the behaviour of our politicians/leaders in a time of national crisis. What a rabble.
Cameron & Osborne on 15:46 - Dec 12 with 1346 viewsBloomBlue

The problem is while many will dislike the Tories the alternative is Labour and people know Corbyns ideas will only result in massive tax increases for everyone and people don't want that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024