Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to really get behind Lambert from now 19:38 - Dec 29 with 1907 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

For me, Lambert’s job with Ipswich really starts from now. To be 7points adrift by January is actually quite reasonable considering the quality of players and squad he inherited.

The general play has been a lot better, but it’s been obvious the lack of firepower and quality going forward and individual mistakes in our own third have cost us. But what Lambert has done with the team and the style is really something to get behind when he brings his players in.

But his job starts today - who he can persuade to join the club whether that’s permanently or on loan, and the calibre of player he can convince to join.

Not to forget, 2 massive league home games next up where 6/6 points is what we must get.

Big task, but I’ve got faith in Lambert but EVERYONE must pull in the same direction.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:45 - Dec 29 with 1869 viewshomer_123

Is anyone not behind Lambert?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:47 - Dec 29 with 1855 viewsLimitlessBlue

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:45 - Dec 29 by homer_123

I am baffled some people think we are not all pulling in the same direction as the manager! we can do all the pulling we want but the season does not start now, it started way back in August and we are as good as relegated.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:51 - Dec 29 with 1829 viewsLeagueOne

Even if we win those two games, the others could as well and we're no better off. People don't want to hear it, but teams bottom at Christmas with just two wins and their worse squad ever assembled do not pull off miracles. The 2016-17 side finished 4 points form the drop and they would beat us 2 or 3 0. The Championship is a crazy league but it's also not based in lala land. We're down.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:53 - Dec 29 with 1823 viewshave_a_word_with_him

For me, Lambert's job really started on 27th October 2018. But I might just be a traditionalist.
Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:59 - Dec 29 with 1796 viewsjas0999

Everyone is behind Lambert. Not seen ANY negativity towards him.

... but this now hinges on Evans. As Lambert says, we need help. Will Evans provide it or go cheap?
Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 20:10 - Dec 29 with 1762 viewsEdmundo

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:59 - Dec 29 by jas0999

Everyone is behind Lambert. Not seen ANY negativity towards him.

... but this now hinges on Evans. As Lambert says, we need help. Will Evans provide it or go cheap?

Bear in mind when we were in similar schtuck in 2012 by now we had 27 points... massive task to avoid relegation. I'd be impressed if we are in with a shout with 5 games to go.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 22:40 - Dec 29 with 1644 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 19:45 - Dec 29 by homer_123

Nope. And his job started when he joined us. But apart from that...

I'll be glad when this season is over.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 1620 viewsSwansea_Blue

Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 20:10 - Dec 29 by Edmundo

Bear in mind when we were in similar schtuck in 2012 by now we had 27 points... massive task to avoid relegation. I'd be impressed if we are in with a shout with 5 games to go.

We'll be gone before we've finished our Easter eggs (unless it's early this year, in which case we may survive for another couple of weeks).

We're a basket case and they're already softening us up for the loss of senior players in the next month. It doesn't look like things will get better anytime soon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

AMEN on 23:09 - Dec 29 with 1589 viewsunstableblue

It is staggering to me that so many fans don’t understand just how desimated our squad is and just how much damage to our playing style and ethos had been done in recent years..,,

Careful what you wish for .. bollox

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

AMEN on 00:20 - Dec 30 with 1520 viewspatrickswell

AMEN on 23:09 - Dec 29 by unstableblue

It is staggering to me that so many fans don’t understand just how desimated our squad is and just how much damage to our playing style and ethos had been done in recent years..,,

Careful what you wish for .. bollox

No, I think you’re wrong here. A lot of the players representing us this year had nothing to do with McCarthy. Fair point on Chambers, Knudsen, Spence if you’re looking for problems with playing out of the back, but the supposedly contaminated Webster has gone while Pennington, Donacien and Nsiala were nothing to do with Mick (Kenlock made his first start today). As for the midfield, Skuse has been held up as a good performer but I don’t think Downes or Dozzell could be said to be fully formed in the Mick mould - they are still learning. Nolan and Chalobah are all post Mick and would have had nothing to do with the “damage” you mention.

Up front, Sears has had a bit of a renaissance this year, but he’s the only link to the “damaged playing style and ethos”. Jackson, Harrison and Roberts all came in on Hurst’s prospectus. He churned over the squad in order to introduce his playing style and ethos. Unfortunately, he abandoned faith in the former and whatever ethos he brought in alienated those already here and perplexed those he had brought in. Hurst has to own the onfield problems, I’m afraid.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 0:21]
Time to really get behind Lambert from now on 00:27 - Dec 30 with 1494 viewsKieran_Knows

We’ve been with him from the very start!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024