Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER 11:35 - Apr 23 with 1525 viewsONEKEVINBEATTIE

Hi all this is my first ever post on here having read comments for several years but felt I had to post something today.
It's my uncle Micks (Michael Elliston's) funeral today at Ipswich Crematorium. He is being cremated with an Ipswich Town scarf and Edward Ebeneezer playing over the speakers. He was a season ticket holder for over 50 years and Ipswich Town was his one passion in life. Sadly his health has declined in the last few years almost in correlation with the fortunes of his beloved team.
Anyway we have had to clear his house and found hundreds of football programmes, many of the modern ones have been thrown away but I have some of the older ones on sale on ebay under my name: kevintopple. If there are any programme collectors out there please have a look. I'd like them to go to a genuine Ipswich supporter if possible, or if anyone knows of an Ipswich Town archive where they can be donated that would be great.
Many thanks and COYB!
MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 11:38 - Apr 23 with 1494 viewsFtnfwest

Will have a look, lost my uncle and father last year. Uncle was a season ticket holder of many years (dad, like the rest of the family was spurs, I bucked the trend!)
MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:26 - Apr 23 with 1370 viewsTractorCam

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope he gets a great send off. A lovely gesture, hope the programmes go to a good home.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:37 - Apr 23 with 1335 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Sorry for your loss mate.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:44 - Apr 23 with 1321 viewsgainsboroughblue

Rest in peace a real true blue.

I don't have the space for loads of football programmes now. I used to have hundreds. But I hope they find a good and appreciative home.

All the best mate.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:52 - Apr 23 with 1282 viewsJ2BLUE

RIP fellow blue

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:39 - Apr 24 with 1104 viewsONEKEVINBEATTIE

Thanks for messages of support yesterday. I seem to have deleted a message from TractorCam, not sure how but I apologise! Funeral went off well, with Ipswich scarf on top of his coffin and Come on the Town as we exited the Crematorium so i think we did him proud.
MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:51 - Apr 24 with 1069 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Sincere condolences for your loss. It would be great if you could find a good home for the memorabilia, or sell them for a local charity or to go towards the beatie statue would be nice as every time you visited Portman road it would be very special for you. Hope it all goes well for you and your family.
MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:59 - Apr 24 with 1050 viewsTractorCam

MY UNCLES FUNERAL TODAY - OVER 50 YEARS SEASON TICKET HOLDER on 12:39 - Apr 24 by ONEKEVINBEATTIE

Thanks for messages of support yesterday. I seem to have deleted a message from TractorCam, not sure how but I apologise! Funeral went off well, with Ipswich scarf on top of his coffin and Come on the Town as we exited the Crematorium so i think we did him proud.

My message is still there mate no worries! Glad he got a good send off, i'm sure that's exactly how he would have wanted it to go.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024