Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards 06:21 - May 30 with 1651 viewsMaySixth

would be a good wide two and central two

judge in behind and sears on the bench

i reckon we might stay up in League 1

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 07:09 - May 30 with 1559 viewsHerbivore

What formation are you going with? Two strikers, two wingers and a player in behind the strikers? I think we'll still need a defence and midfield in League 1.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 07:36 - May 30 with 1521 viewschristiand

I'm assuming this is a tongue in cheek post? It's interesting, but I don't really know when the standard and quality of football became better than the Premier League in League One. Judging by some, we're getting relegated into a higher brand of football? God help the club and all us long suffering fans, it can only happen to Ipswich!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 07:59 - May 30 with 1474 viewsmeekreech

Even better without Jackson (not good enough ) and Edwards (not cosistent enough ) .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 08:39 - May 30 with 1394 viewsGuthrum

Lankester and Edwards both generally play on the right.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 08:50 - May 30 with 1366 viewsgeg1992

Imo that is far too lightweight.

Teams will sit back against us, which will make Jackson essentially useless.

That 4 would be great against teams playing a high line but that's about it.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 08:50 - May 30 with 1371 viewsGuthrum

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 07:36 - May 30 by christiand

I'm assuming this is a tongue in cheek post? It's interesting, but I don't really know when the standard and quality of football became better than the Premier League in League One. Judging by some, we're getting relegated into a higher brand of football? God help the club and all us long suffering fans, it can only happen to Ipswich!

Lower division teams occasionally beat Championship and Prem sides in cup competitions, so it must be a much higher standard.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 08:53 - May 30 with 1355 viewsKieran_Knows

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 07:09 - May 30 by Herbivore

What formation are you going with? Two strikers, two wingers and a player in behind the strikers? I think we'll still need a defence and midfield in League 1.

It'll either be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Either way, if we go in to the season with Judge playing wide, then PL wouldn't have learned anything from when he was stuck out wide the last dozen or so games of this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 08:56 - May 30 with 1346 viewsHerbivore

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 08:53 - May 30 by Kieran_Knows

It'll either be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Either way, if we go in to the season with Judge playing wide, then PL wouldn't have learned anything from when he was stuck out wide the last dozen or so games of this season.

I'm pinning my hopes on the diamond with two up top. I don't think we have the players for the other systems.

Login to get fewer ads

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:44 - May 30 with 1246 viewsGuthrum

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 08:53 - May 30 by Kieran_Knows

Altho to avoid that, we'll need to acquire a left-sided midfield/attacking player.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:48 - May 30 with 1236 viewsPJH

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:44 - May 30 by Guthrum

Altho to avoid that, we'll need to acquire a left-sided midfield/attacking player.

I think the best idea is to start games with twelve players on the pitch and hope that nobody notices.
Judge can then go walkabout and we can also give whoever is at LB some protection.
Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:48 - May 30 with 1232 viewsKieran_Knows

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:44 - May 30 by Guthrum

Edwards/Lankester?

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:58 - May 30 with 1211 viewsGuthrum

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:48 - May 30 by Kieran_Knows

Edwards/Lankester?

Both primarily play on the right (or they have done every time I've seen them on the pitch).

Sears could do it when he's fit, but that would be a waste of a potential goalscorer.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:58 - May 30 with 1209 viewsKieran_Knows

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:58 - May 30 by Guthrum

Both primarily play on the right (or they have done every time I've seen them on the pitch).

Sears could do it when he's fit, but that would be a waste of a potential goalscorer.

I'd like to think we'll be signing another winger this summer, think that's another key area personally.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:02 - May 30 with 1194 viewsGuthrum

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:58 - May 30 by Kieran_Knows

I'd like to think we'll be signing another winger this summer, think that's another key area personally.

As it has been for so many seasons.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:11 - May 30 with 1156 viewsHerbivore

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 09:58 - May 30 by Guthrum

At Peterborough I'm led to believe that Edwards mainly played from the left, though you are right that it's been almost exclusively on the right here.

The summer signings will be telling. We need at least one winger or wide forward if we're going to play 4-3-3 (though not sure how Judge fits that system) or 4-2-3-1. Personally I still favour a midfield diamond and two up top as it suits our personnel, especially our youngsters, better than the alternatives.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:27 - May 30 with 1109 viewsGuthrum

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:11 - May 30 by Herbivore

At Peterborough I'm led to believe that Edwards mainly played from the left, though you are right that it's been almost exclusively on the right here.

The summer signings will be telling. We need at least one winger or wide forward if we're going to play 4-3-3 (though not sure how Judge fits that system) or 4-2-3-1. Personally I still favour a midfield diamond and two up top as it suits our personnel, especially our youngsters, better than the alternatives.

Danny Rowe plays on the left wing, IIRC.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:30 - May 30 with 1096 viewsHerbivore

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:27 - May 30 by Guthrum

Danny Rowe plays on the left wing, IIRC.

Be interesting to see what happens with Rowe. Three managers haven't fancied him now. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Lincoln permanently.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:32 - May 30 with 1090 viewsGuthrum

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:30 - May 30 by Herbivore

Be interesting to see what happens with Rowe. Three managers haven't fancied him now. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Lincoln permanently.

But we are at a lower level now and he was part of the team which won promotion to L1.

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:34 - May 30 with 1088 viewsPilgrimblue

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:11 - May 30 by Herbivore

I think Rowe has a big part to play as compared to others he has an eye for a goal and hes already used to League1/2. Also feel that whoever else we sign, Freddie will have a good season unless of course he's sold.
Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 11:17 - May 30 with 1032 viewsHerbivore

Lankester, Norwood, Jackson, Edwards on 10:34 - May 30 by Pilgrimblue

I think Rowe has a big part to play as compared to others he has an eye for a goal and hes already used to League1/2. Also feel that whoever else we sign, Freddie will have a good season unless of course he's sold.

I think if Rowe had a big part to play he'd have had some game time here at some point. I can't see it. He may stay but I don't see him being in the first team regularly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024