Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's a comedy penalty 18:38 - Jun 16 with 965 viewsStokieBlue

Don't even need to be in the box nowadays.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That's a comedy penalty on 18:39 - Jun 16 with 962 viewsSpruceMoose

How the fook are they still getting these decisions so comically wrong even with VAR?!

Oh well. She missed. Justice was served.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That's a comedy penalty on 18:41 - Jun 16 with 952 viewsSE1blue

It makes more optimistic about our chances nest season knowing that penalties can be given for fouls anywhere on the pitch.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

That's a comedy penalty on 18:42 - Jun 16 with 941 viewsSpruceMoose

That's a comedy penalty on 18:41 - Jun 16 by SE1blue

It makes more optimistic about our chances nest season knowing that penalties can be given for fouls anywhere on the pitch.

Who takes our penalties these days? Can we sub in Tommy Miller?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That's a comedy penalty on 18:44 - Jun 16 with 936 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crazy isn't it. VAR will get the grief here, but it's obviously the rules that are wrong. By the rules the ref was right - she could give a pen even though contact was outside the box. The rules allow her to give it.

There shouldn't be a place for such a rule. I suppose the thinking is that if a player is clear through 1-on-1 and a keeper wipes them out just outside the box, it's a disadvantage to the attacking side to 'just' give a freekick. But this case here shows how the rule is unfit for purpose - that wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Trump OUT!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That's a comedy penalty on 19:11 - Jun 16 with 896 viewsSE1blue

That's a comedy penalty on 18:44 - Jun 16 by Swansea_Blue

Crazy isn't it. VAR will get the grief here, but it's obviously the rules that are wrong. By the rules the ref was right - she could give a pen even though contact was outside the box. The rules allow her to give it.

There shouldn't be a place for such a rule. I suppose the thinking is that if a player is clear through 1-on-1 and a keeper wipes them out just outside the box, it's a disadvantage to the attacking side to 'just' give a freekick. But this case here shows how the rule is unfit for purpose - that wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Trump OUT!

I understand the rules to be that you can give a penalty if the foul is committed outside the box but continues into the box.

Contact (the actual foul) ended just outside and she fell into the box.

So I still don’t think it should be a pen.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

That's a comedy penalty on 22:43 - Jun 16 with 787 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That's a comedy penalty on 19:11 - Jun 16 by SE1blue

I understand the rules to be that you can give a penalty if the foul is committed outside the box but continues into the box.

Contact (the actual foul) ended just outside and she fell into the box.

So I still don’t think it should be a pen.

I haven't seen the incident but those are the rules as I understand them and they make sense. For as long as the attacker is still going there is an advantage. If the defender then fouls them inside the area the advantage ends unless they are able to stick the ball in the net.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That's a comedy penalty on 09:00 - Jun 17 with 682 viewsStokieBlue

That's a comedy penalty on 22:43 - Jun 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I haven't seen the incident but those are the rules as I understand them and they make sense. For as long as the attacker is still going there is an advantage. If the defender then fouls them inside the area the advantage ends unless they are able to stick the ball in the net.

That's not what happened though.

It simply wasn't a penalty.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That's a comedy penalty on 09:20 - Jun 17 with 663 viewsDevereuxxx

I don't understand how it's a 'clear and obvious' error if the game continued and no-one claimed a pen, not the players, not the staff, not the other officials.

Over analysing the game in that instance is a good way to ruin the game. Defenders are going to start throwing themselves to the floor to get goals disallowed, while attackers will just fall under pressure to try and get a penalty.

As for disallowing a goal about 3 minutes after it's been scored, it spoils everything that is great about the game. If people start celebrating goals less vociferously owing to fear it won't stand we might as well pack up and go home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024