Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Netball WC final 20:26 - Jul 21 with 987 viewschristiand

Did anyone watch it? Only game I’ve seen in this tournament, but what a game and for a final too! Both sides were terrific, really impressed by the speed they play and their coolness under pressure.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 20:29]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The Netball WC final on 20:30 - Jul 21 with 970 viewsJ2BLUE

Good luck to them but I find netball (and basketball) incredibly dull so I haven't managed to watch more than 2 minutes of any game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Netball WC final on 20:32 - Jul 21 with 966 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No, passed me by.

I can't get into Basketball, so I can't imagine I'd find netball any more watchable.

I reckon the only sports I tend to watch much of are football, and occasionally tennis.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Netball WC final on 20:36 - Jul 21 with 945 viewschristiand

The Netball WC final on 20:32 - Jul 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

No, passed me by.

I can't get into Basketball, so I can't imagine I'd find netball any more watchable.

I reckon the only sports I tend to watch much of are football, and occasionally tennis.

My thoughts too before today but sat down, started watching it and I found it really good viewing. Probably helped with two well-matched sides though. Tense right up to the final whistle.

Been spoilt the last two weekends with two quality World Cup finals and hosted in this country too!
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 20:38]

The Netball WC final on 20:37 - Jul 21 with 936 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Netball WC final on 20:36 - Jul 21 by christiand

My thoughts too before today but sat down, started watching it and I found it really good viewing. Probably helped with two well-matched sides though. Tense right up to the final whistle.

Been spoilt the last two weekends with two quality World Cup finals and hosted in this country too!
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 20:38]

I'll have to take your word for it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Netball WC final on 20:49 - Jul 21 with 898 viewsITFC_Forever

Missed the final, but have watched quite a bit of it through the tournament thanks to my daughter.

And have watched countless games she’s played in, she plays to a decent standard.

It’s a fast-paced game, and for a non-contact sport, it’s pretty “robust”.

I’m even playing over the summer... there’s a mixed league happening, so her club are putting in a side of Dads and daughters.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Netball WC final on 20:53 - Jul 21 with 880 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Saw the England semi-final too. Was also well-matched.

I would say it wasn't that great a spectator sport unless you know all the rules which is more complicated than basketball but it was OK to watch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Netball WC final on 20:53 - Jul 21 with 883 viewschristiand

The Netball WC final on 20:49 - Jul 21 by ITFC_Forever

Missed the final, but have watched quite a bit of it through the tournament thanks to my daughter.

And have watched countless games she’s played in, she plays to a decent standard.

It’s a fast-paced game, and for a non-contact sport, it’s pretty “robust”.

I’m even playing over the summer... there’s a mixed league happening, so her club are putting in a side of Dads and daughters.

My young daughter has bitten the netball bug after this tournament, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a mixed league like you ITFC Forever. There's certainly a very physical element to it, they take no prisoners judging from today!

The Netball WC final on 20:55 - Jul 21 with 869 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The Netball WC final on 20:53 - Jul 21 by christiand

My young daughter has bitten the netball bug after this tournament, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a mixed league like you ITFC Forever. There's certainly a very physical element to it, they take no prisoners judging from today!

That gives some context.

Good that it has engaged your daughter to take up the sport.

Login to get fewer ads

The Netball WC final on 21:19 - Jul 21 with 796 viewsRyorry

Yes, saw last 20 mins, enjoy it as I used to play at school (GS, GA - ie as a "striker" in effect) - & that was a really gripping last 2 quarters. V. glad NZ got the Karma and won!

Such a shame that none of the games leading up to today were shown live on free-to-air TV (sorry, but iPlayer & website just don't count for me, clumsy & time-consuming to get, & incessant buffering). Esp considering bloody boring golf got 4 days of wall-wall coverage on both free-to-air TV *and* radio, which turned R5l daytimes into a no-go area for me.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 21:21]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024