Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on Judge 01:09 - Jul 24 with 1247 viewsBluefish

I thought it was bizarre that he agreed to sign for us with relegation pending, surely he could have found a championship club! Perhaps he did want to stay but the Warburton factor has changed it? Who can really blame him? We would have all understood if he had walked away before signing so surely the transfer fee is a bonus? For those that say we won't spend it seem to miss the fact that we won't need to recoup it elsewhere, it is a bonus.

Football wise, he was miles clear of most last season BUT he didn't quite have the impact that his ability should suggest. He lacked a yard or 2 of pace to be the standout player to have a big impact. I would like him in the team but he wasn't the guy to make the biggest difference, I wouldn't swap him for a fit Bishop or a fit Huws. He also was wasted in the shape that Lambert was trying to play. I would take Judge in our side all day but I'm not going to flounce about us receiving money for him.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 1:28]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Thoughts on Judge on 06:35 - Jul 24 with 1069 viewschristiand

From Judge's point of view there are so many aspects that tick the boxes to make the move to QPR a logical one, so can understand his stance. For us, I believe we signed him on a contract to protect that investment, so we get something from a situation just like this one which has arisen. Nevertheless, I think AJ and his agent missed a trick and should have insisted on a clause in his contract if a club comes in for him (like QPR) and offers 'X' amount, then he's allowed to go. I hope ME digs his heals in and insists on an amount that we value the player, not just accepting a fee which is massively under AJ's value to us......£1m+!!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 7:19]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Thoughts on Judge on 06:42 - Jul 24 with 1050 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Especially considering his pre agreed contract he signed only started 23 days ago. His contract with Brentford officially ended on the 30/6 and 3 weeks later he wants out!!
Thoughts on Judge on 06:44 - Jul 24 with 1035 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He couldn’t sign for a Championship club as no other clubs (save for Bolton) were even showing an interest, despite being available for free twice. Presumably as they’d noticed that for all his running around looking busy and gesticulating he hasn’t actually contributed a lot to either Brentford or us since returning from his injury

The only reason there is interest now is his old old manager had returned to work and seemingly failed to notice it’s not 2015 anymore

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Thoughts on Judge on 06:53 - Jul 24 with 1001 viewsChurchman75

Thoughts on Judge on 06:44 - Jul 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He couldn’t sign for a Championship club as no other clubs (save for Bolton) were even showing an interest, despite being available for free twice. Presumably as they’d noticed that for all his running around looking busy and gesticulating he hasn’t actually contributed a lot to either Brentford or us since returning from his injury

The only reason there is interest now is his old old manager had returned to work and seemingly failed to notice it’s not 2015 anymore

🐍

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Thoughts on Judge on 06:55 - Jul 24 with 992 viewstrncbluearmy

He runs around a lot which some seem to luv,takes a crap freekick when the chips are down(against Reading) was never the same after injury at Brentford who made no effort to keep him and did nothing for us, so what's the problem in taking good money of a tin pot london club?

Marcus fecking Evans that's what, we know he will not reinvest in the playing staff which is the prime reason we are were we are.
Thoughts on Judge on 07:02 - Jul 24 with 969 viewsITFC_Forever

Very true, it did seem a bit too good to be true when he did sign.

He made it very clear he prefers to play through the middle, it it didn’t take long for him to be shifted out to the left and given the freedom to go where he liked, leaving the LB exposed to Dan Harding syndrome.

However, Lambert is right in that we won’t sign anyone of the same quality with the money we get for him (however much it might be), so from that point of view, it weakens us further, on top of an already crippling injury situation.

And ME must be aware of the poor message it sends out....

As for the squad in general, we are still desperately short at CB, and up-front, and PL still has this weird fetish for playing one up-front when it’s been demonstrated time and time again we are not good enough to do that either individually or as a team. Although the return of Huws is a massive help, he gets us playing 30 yards further forward.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Thoughts on Judge on 07:16 - Jul 24 with 906 viewschristiand

Thoughts on Judge on 07:02 - Jul 24 by ITFC_Forever

Very true, it did seem a bit too good to be true when he did sign.

He made it very clear he prefers to play through the middle, it it didn’t take long for him to be shifted out to the left and given the freedom to go where he liked, leaving the LB exposed to Dan Harding syndrome.

However, Lambert is right in that we won’t sign anyone of the same quality with the money we get for him (however much it might be), so from that point of view, it weakens us further, on top of an already crippling injury situation.

And ME must be aware of the poor message it sends out....

As for the squad in general, we are still desperately short at CB, and up-front, and PL still has this weird fetish for playing one up-front when it’s been demonstrated time and time again we are not good enough to do that either individually or as a team. Although the return of Huws is a massive help, he gets us playing 30 yards further forward.

The one main striker up front is a strange one for me too. If Norwood/Jackson are pulled wide then there literally is no-one in the box, this was so apparent last season and by all accounts the same last night against Notts County. Surprisingly, two up front against Colchester United and we score a hat-full in the second half. I wonder if the penny will drop? I'd start the season in a diamond formation, two up top in Norwood and Jackson with Huws playing behind at the top of the diamond. However, like most managers they are stubborn and a creature of habit and PL looks very much in that same mould!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024