Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now TV Sky Sports 21:24 - Sep 30 with 1734 viewsRozz

Paid for a month pass on a cheap deal and am watching via the Now TV player on windows... quality drops in and out between 4K HD and 4k year old cave painting.

Looking online, appears unless you've got a wired ethernet connection, the service is largely pointless? Broadband speed clocks at 25mb/s and can deal with HD on every other platform (even with multiple devices at once).

Anyone had same issue, is there a setting I can change?

*Serves me right for paying for Sky, I know.
Now TV Sky Sports on 21:30 - Sep 30 with 1697 viewssparks

The service is awful and regularly drops in quality.

No issues with any other streaming service.

Annoying isnt it?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Now TV Sky Sports on 00:58 - Oct 1 with 1506 viewsjeera

Do yourself a favour and double check at the end of the month that the subscription stops there.

I used to be blase with this stuff and once found after signing up for a month (or a single Town game - I can't remember), it was allowed to run without my know-how, clocking up a few months worth.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Now TV Sky Sports on 01:26 - Oct 1 with 1491 viewswkj

Now TV Sky Sports on 00:58 - Oct 1 by jeera

Do yourself a favour and double check at the end of the month that the subscription stops there.

I used to be blase with this stuff and once found after signing up for a month (or a single Town game - I can't remember), it was allowed to run without my know-how, clocking up a few months worth.

Internet and TV providers are terrible for this, the old end of contract prices jumping up sometimes from 25 to 50 quid. Definitely stick a reminder in your calendar about contract ends
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 1:26]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Now TV Sky Sports on 01:33 - Oct 1 with 1485 viewsjeera

Now TV Sky Sports on 01:26 - Oct 1 by wkj

Internet and TV providers are terrible for this, the old end of contract prices jumping up sometimes from 25 to 50 quid. Definitely stick a reminder in your calendar about contract ends
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 1:26]

It was a nightmare - I hate these people.

No one to speak to as all communication is by web chat. That also means you never get the same Indian guy twice. Said they couldn't refund, but then offered a month, then another month...

Spoke to Sky who sympathised but said it wasn't their place to intervene but managed to stick another month back onto my account.

Fecking stupid that there is nobody to speak to at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Now TV Sky Sports on 02:26 - Oct 1 with 1472 viewswkj

Now TV Sky Sports on 01:33 - Oct 1 by jeera

It was a nightmare - I hate these people.

No one to speak to as all communication is by web chat. That also means you never get the same Indian guy twice. Said they couldn't refund, but then offered a month, then another month...

Spoke to Sky who sympathised but said it wasn't their place to intervene but managed to stick another month back onto my account.

Fecking stupid that there is nobody to speak to at all.

Its like Couriers, especially hermes. Amazon > Talk to the carrier Carrier > We only talk to the sender...

Okay, but I need my SpruceIndustries Soundbar YESTERDAY!

Two days later:

Neighbour> Someone chucked this in our pond, I think its for you!

Lawyer > You killed your neighbours Coy Koi Carp

Me > Call Hermes

Court> lol mate, 20 years with no parole
[Post edited 1 Oct 2019 4:32]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Now TV Sky Sports on 07:00 - Oct 1 with 1380 viewsRozz

Now TV Sky Sports on 00:58 - Oct 1 by jeera

Yes, continues at 33.99/m which would not be the end of the world if the service was not god awful. I was just wondering why tf anyone bothers to stick with this? Lots of complaints online with the same issues going back years and no solution yet.

Ho hum, back to stealing from the man.
Now TV Sky Sports on 07:30 - Oct 1 with 1340 viewsHerbivore

I've never had any issues with NowTV myself. Sounds like I've been fortunate though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Now TV Sky Sports on 07:55 - Oct 1 with 1301 viewsRozz

Now TV Sky Sports on 07:30 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

I've never had any issues with NowTV myself. Sounds like I've been fortunate though.

Hmm. Are you using a now TV stick with remote? Mother dearest has one and I think this works fine, despite far worse bandwidth than I have here.
Login to get fewer ads

Now TV Sky Sports on 07:57 - Oct 1 with 1299 viewsHerbivore

Now TV Sky Sports on 07:55 - Oct 1 by Rozz

Hmm. Are you using a now TV stick with remote? Mother dearest has one and I think this works fine, despite far worse bandwidth than I have here.

I've used it through my laptop and a Roku stick and it's worked fine with both to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Now TV Sky Sports on 09:06 - Oct 1 with 1230 viewsMeadowlark

I haven't got it now but used it all last season. It was OK TBH. I think there were a few data drops but, nothing too serious.
Now TV Sky Sports on 09:19 - Oct 1 with 1208 viewsuefacup81

I picked this up yesterday.

Top tip is to contact them to set it up (online chat or phone call). Managed to get three months at £9.99 a month as opposed to the one month on offer.

Hoping that I can call them up at the end of the deal and see what they can do with regards to extending it.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024