Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: The Hundred Draft 11:41 - Oct 21 with 1456 viewsReuser_is_God

I've not really followed much of the coverage about this as I'm not fussed either way about the competition itself but I am glad we have a franchise tournament in England, I'd have just liked us to do a 50 over one, especially after the success of world cup.

However I watched about 15 minutes of it last night on Sky & they were saying some of the English players won't be available for the whole tournament because of test cricket.

Why one earth have we arranged a tounrament which we hope to attract the best players too which clashes with our test match schedule? Absurd.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 11:56]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: The Hundred Daft on 11:45 - Oct 21 with 1435 viewsBigManBlue

There, fixed it for you...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 12:05 - Oct 21 with 1405 viewsWD19

Because we play Test matches in the summer and its quite important for The Hundred to be in the summer too. Similar situation for the Aussie Big Bash I think. It also means South Africans won't be available as much as they would like for The Hundred either.

Whole draft event was a terrible spectacle. Some interesting bits, but it was largely an exercise in juggling a finite group of players equally around a given number of franchises....all supported by what looked like a fairly crude excel spreadsheet. No real drama or suspense to it, despite their best efforts.
Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 13:41 - Oct 21 with 1307 viewshatch

I’m remaining open minded about the competition but agree that the draft last night lacked suspense and was all a bit slow between rounds with a little too much filler. It would be more fun in an FA Cup draw format where you are randomly allocated players to leave you with the same price bands and a mixture of roles.

Standout teams for the first tournament are without doubt Welsh Fire - Smith, Starc, Harmer, Bairstow, Ryan TD and Banton is a ridiculous squad for this type of cricket. Southern Brave also have a seriously good bowling line up. Would fancy those two to reach the final at this stage.

Birmingham and Oval seem weak to me.
Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 13:42 - Oct 21 with 1298 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 12:05 - Oct 21 by WD19

Because we play Test matches in the summer and its quite important for The Hundred to be in the summer too. Similar situation for the Aussie Big Bash I think. It also means South Africans won't be available as much as they would like for The Hundred either.

Whole draft event was a terrible spectacle. Some interesting bits, but it was largely an exercise in juggling a finite group of players equally around a given number of franchises....all supported by what looked like a fairly crude excel spreadsheet. No real drama or suspense to it, despite their best efforts.

I realise that but surely they should have had a 3/4 week window in the summer which is purely just The Hundred?

Evans out

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 13:43 - Oct 21 with 1296 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 13:41 - Oct 21 by hatch

I’m remaining open minded about the competition but agree that the draft last night lacked suspense and was all a bit slow between rounds with a little too much filler. It would be more fun in an FA Cup draw format where you are randomly allocated players to leave you with the same price bands and a mixture of roles.

Standout teams for the first tournament are without doubt Welsh Fire - Smith, Starc, Harmer, Bairstow, Ryan TD and Banton is a ridiculous squad for this type of cricket. Southern Brave also have a seriously good bowling line up. Would fancy those two to reach the final at this stage.

Not looked through the sides in depth but Trent Rockets also getting bigged up in the bits I've read today.

Evans out

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 15:26 - Oct 21 with 1234 viewsdavblue

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 13:41 - Oct 21 by hatch

is Smith that good in 20/20? He will get runs but im not convinced he will take a game away from you like a Gayle would he usually takes time to get going and even then he's an accumulator of runs rather than someone who lays waste to a bowling attack.
Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 15:31 - Oct 21 with 1231 viewshatch

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 15:26 - Oct 21 by davblue

is Smith that good in 20/20? He will get runs but im not convinced he will take a game away from you like a Gayle would he usually takes time to get going and even then he's an accumulator of runs rather than someone who lays waste to a bowling attack.

I agree that he's a bit of a Joe Root when it comes to t20 cricket but I still think he carries a threat. Gayle left out is a shame for spectators but he's very hot and cold with the bat lately and offers very little in the field other than first slip. He also hates running, which isn't bad if he's clearing the rope but that may not always be possible.

Surprised to see Tom Abell in there and will be interesting to see how Root, Burns and Denly do in this form of the game.
Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 19:04 - Oct 21 with 1145 viewsstonojnr

Cricket: The Hundred Draft on 13:42 - Oct 21 by Reuser_is_God

I realise that but surely they should have had a 3/4 week window in the summer which is purely just The Hundred?

3/4 weeks ? how long do you think the summer actually is, the county championship is already being flushed to the margins to support this nonsense.

England are playing the West Indies & Pakistan in tests, odis,t20s, plus more t20s/odis against Australia as we sure havent played against them enough lately.

plus the counties have their own ODI and T20 comps, theres IPL, Big Bash etc etc

guarantee before the end of next summer the PCA will be complaining again about player burn out/playing too many games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024