Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth's goal 09:03 - Dec 22 with 966 viewsChrisd

Firstly why do our defenders just keep backing off the attacker and then allow him to shoot? There's no urgency to make a tackle, they just invite him towards or into our penalty area. Secondly, Norris made some good saves during the game yesterday to keep us in it, but watching the goal again this morning I do wonder if he feels he could've done better? He got a good hand to that shot by Curtis.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Portsmouth's goal on 09:25 - Dec 22 with 922 viewsDarth_Koont

To be fair, I think the overlapping full-back creates the doubt and hesitation, then the space for the goalscorer to cut inside. It was a very good goal from that perspective.

But agree re: Norris. Once he's there and got a hand to it I'm sure he'd expect to have been a bit firmer but it pretty much went through him in the end. In his defence, it was a very good thump and probably was beaten for pace as much as anything. And generally he and Holy haven't looked prone to errors so no complaints there.

Over the whole match, Pompey were good value for their goal and the win. Even if we had chances and possibly should have snatched a draw. This was the type of game and performance we were getting away with at the beginning of the season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Portsmouth's goal on 09:44 - Dec 22 with 883 viewshomer_123

Portsmouth's goal on 09:25 - Dec 22 by Darth_Koont

To be fair, I think the overlapping full-back creates the doubt and hesitation, then the space for the goalscorer to cut inside. It was a very good goal from that perspective.

But agree re: Norris. Once he's there and got a hand to it I'm sure he'd expect to have been a bit firmer but it pretty much went through him in the end. In his defence, it was a very good thump and probably was beaten for pace as much as anything. And generally he and Holy haven't looked prone to errors so no complaints there.

Over the whole match, Pompey were good value for their goal and the win. Even if we had chances and possibly should have snatched a draw. This was the type of game and performance we were getting away with at the beginning of the season.

That last sentence is it isn't it?

We are where we are as we've got away with getting results despite some bang average performances...bar Rotherham away where we did put in a decent game.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Portsmouth's goal on 10:11 - Dec 22 with 830 viewsDarth_Koont

Portsmouth's goal on 09:44 - Dec 22 by homer_123

That last sentence is it isn't it?

We are where we are as we've got away with getting results despite some bang average performances...bar Rotherham away where we did put in a decent game.

Indeed. Early on I thought it was very encouraging that we were scoring goals and getting wins while often looking no better than the opposition and sometimes worse. I thought we had another gear but I'm becoming less and less convinced of that as the season goes on.

Whatever we're trying to do, I think we need to get back to basics and build a team with a clear approach. Rather than an ever-changing collection of individuals who go out there and more or less see what happens.

Pronouns: He/Him

Portsmouth's goal on 10:22 - Dec 22 with 805 viewshomer_123

Portsmouth's goal on 10:11 - Dec 22 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Early on I thought it was very encouraging that we were scoring goals and getting wins while often looking no better than the opposition and sometimes worse. I thought we had another gear but I'm becoming less and less convinced of that as the season goes on.

Whatever we're trying to do, I think we need to get back to basics and build a team with a clear approach. Rather than an ever-changing collection of individuals who go out there and more or less see what happens.

Consistency would be a good start...both in starting 11 and approach. I'm relaxed about formations but the constant chopping and changing means it's more challenging to buildup that consistently and team work.

We've simply not moved on...and that's been the case since Lambert joined us. It's worrying now as he has had long enough to work with the players but it clearly not clear what it is he wants them to do.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Portsmouth's goal on 10:55 - Dec 22 with 766 viewsBasuco

We need to get someone who can run at a defence with the ball, Danny Rowe did this early on and caused huge problems for defenders, we really need to have someone who can do what Pompey no 7 (Williams?) did. Rowe, Dobra, El Mizouni? That will then help create space for the strikers.
Portsmouth's goal on 11:28 - Dec 22 with 686 viewsGarv

Portsmouth's goal on 10:55 - Dec 22 by Basuco

We need to get someone who can run at a defence with the ball, Danny Rowe did this early on and caused huge problems for defenders, we really need to have someone who can do what Pompey no 7 (Williams?) did. Rowe, Dobra, El Mizouni? That will then help create space for the strikers.

Huge problems?

Dobra I would try.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Portsmouth's goal on 12:11 - Dec 22 with 633 viewsbraveblue

Holy should have played. No doubt. He is ours.
Portsmouth's goal on 12:19 - Dec 22 with 625 viewsHARRY10

Portsmouth's goal on 12:11 - Dec 22 by braveblue

Holy should have played. No doubt. He is ours.

There's probably a requirement that Norris plays 'so many' games.

Wolves would not have sent him out on loan to sit on the bench.. Their view would be that he is on loan to get games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024