Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while 09:49 - Dec 30 with 643 viewsHackneyblueboy

Holy
Donacien Chambo Woolf Kenlock
Skuse Downes Nolan
Jackson Keane Garbutt

Sears Norwood Wilson Norris Dozzel Edwards Huws/Judge

Norwood needs a spell on the bench for me, time to ditch Norris. Garbutt needs to be further forward and Kenlock can do a job at this level.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 9:51]
Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 09:57 - Dec 30 with 609 viewsPecker

Definitely no Skuse and Chambers. They are part of the problem, not part of the answer.
Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:00 - Dec 30 with 590 viewsHerbivore

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 09:57 - Dec 30 by Pecker

Definitely no Skuse and Chambers. They are part of the problem, not part of the answer.

Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:04 - Dec 30 with 591 viewssparks

Garbutt isnt a striker.

If he plays its surely a 442 - which leaves us short on the right where there is no natural alternative to Edwards really.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:07 - Dec 30 with 575 viewsHerbivore

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:04 - Dec 30 by sparks

Garbutt isnt a striker.

If he plays its surely a 442 - which leaves us short on the right where there is no natural alternative to Edwards really.

I don't see too much of an issue with playing him wide on the left in a front three. He carries a goal threat and offers some natural width and defensive cover on that flank.

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:19 - Dec 30 with 553 viewsclive_baker

On yesterday's evidence I would be inclined to revert back to a 5-3-2 with wing backs and actually stick with it. Chambers and Woolfy were undone by some pretty industrial football yesterday and didn't look at all confident in dealing with the long balls from Lincoln's right back position. A 3rd centre half could benefit us there. Wilson isn't the greatest footballer you'll ever see but he's very much safety first and I do think we would look more assured with another body in there. That would free up Garbutt / Edwards to get forward where they're more effective and crucially, would give us an additional body in the centre of the park as we lost that battle yesterday. Dozzell needs to play a lot deeper for me, picking the ball up of the defence and picking passes. Having Skuse in the middle would give Downes license to get forward. Define question marks up front, I agree Norwood needs to be left out, he's not fit enough as it stands and looked way off the pace yesterday. Jackson is willing but ultimately is a limited footballer. I would be inclined to start Sears and Jackson up front against Wycombe, get them both running in the channels and asking questions of their back line. We were way too static up front yesterday.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:22 - Dec 30 with 541 viewsHerbivore

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:19 - Dec 30 by clive_baker

On yesterday's evidence I would be inclined to revert back to a 5-3-2 with wing backs and actually stick with it. Chambers and Woolfy were undone by some pretty industrial football yesterday and didn't look at all confident in dealing with the long balls from Lincoln's right back position. A 3rd centre half could benefit us there. Wilson isn't the greatest footballer you'll ever see but he's very much safety first and I do think we would look more assured with another body in there. That would free up Garbutt / Edwards to get forward where they're more effective and crucially, would give us an additional body in the centre of the park as we lost that battle yesterday. Dozzell needs to play a lot deeper for me, picking the ball up of the defence and picking passes. Having Skuse in the middle would give Downes license to get forward. Define question marks up front, I agree Norwood needs to be left out, he's not fit enough as it stands and looked way off the pace yesterday. Jackson is willing but ultimately is a limited footballer. I would be inclined to start Sears and Jackson up front against Wycombe, get them both running in the channels and asking questions of their back line. We were way too static up front yesterday.

We've been awful playing three at the back. Wilson can't play on the left in a three, none of our CBs can.

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:26 - Dec 30 with 537 viewshoppy

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:19 - Dec 30 by clive_baker

Not often you see ‘Edwards’ and ‘effective’ in the same sentence...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:30 - Dec 30 with 525 viewsclive_baker

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:22 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

We've been awful playing three at the back. Wilson can't play on the left in a three, none of our CBs can.

And the back 4 looked so composed yesterday? We conceded 5 and it could've been 7 or 8. Defensively we were absolute woeful. We have to do something to stop the rot and away to such a direct and physical side as Wycombe we need to be a lot better defensively, especially in the air. Woolfended was all over the shop yesterday. Its going to have to be a scrap on Wednesday.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:52 - Dec 30 with 454 viewsHerbivore

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:30 - Dec 30 by clive_baker

And the back 4 looked so composed yesterday? We conceded 5 and it could've been 7 or 8. Defensively we were absolute woeful. We have to do something to stop the rot and away to such a direct and physical side as Wycombe we need to be a lot better defensively, especially in the air. Woolfended was all over the shop yesterday. Its going to have to be a scrap on Wednesday.

Right but you're saying persist with three at the back despite our best form this season coming with a back 4 and despite us having had to change to a back 4 mid game a number of times when starting three at the back. If you're saying use it for a one off game then fair enough, although in the home game with Wycombe we ended up having three men needlessly marking Akinfenwa and whenever we had a man spare in possession it was Wilson who promptly kicked the ball out of play. I think it's a bit knee jerk to base going back to an ineffective system on the back of a one off shocking defensive display. It's the first time we've conceded more than twice all season and it wasn't all on the back 4.

Time for a settled side and back to basics for a while on 10:54 - Dec 30 with 450 viewsChateauWines

Several times saw our bench trying to inject some life in Norwood

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024