Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and 12:22 - Mar 9 with 1208 viewsgiant_stow

sports events yet, or wait a bit longer?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:25 - Mar 9 with 1177 viewsfooters

The France-Ireland Six Nations game now postponed
.. until October!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:31 - Mar 9 with 1141 viewsgiant_stow

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:25 - Mar 9 by footers

.. until October!

They're not messing about!

I think I'd cancel the prem, but leave everything else to finish.

I'd shut schools now just in case - why wait?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:31 - Mar 9 with 1132 viewsElephantintheRoom

Closing schools would be counter-productive - I doubt the medical head-honcho will recommend that... but there is a strong case for protecting at-risk pensioners from themselves by stopping them sitting in chilly football stadia for a couple of hours with lots of other potential victims.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:32 - Mar 9 with 1134 viewshomer_123

The issue with shutting schools is that:

1. They are not sure (through their modelling) if this actually has the desired effect.
2. Many people who work in the NHS and Social care will need to stay at home looking after the kids.

So, keep open for me.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:32 - Mar 9 with 1127 viewsStokieBlue

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:25 - Mar 9 by footers

.. until October!

Strange one that, quite a long delay.

Might as well write-off this years tournament and go again next year.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:37 - Mar 9 with 1088 viewsjas0999

Shutting schools would bring the economy down. A parent would need to stay home, not everyone can work from home. No work. No pay. No money to spend.
You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:38 - Mar 9 with 1074 viewsWeWereZombies

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:32 - Mar 9 by homer_123

The issue with shutting schools is that:

1. They are not sure (through their modelling) if this actually has the desired effect.
2. Many people who work in the NHS and Social care will need to stay at home looking after the kids.

So, keep open for me.

Not just people in the NHS compromised over child care, other emergency services too.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:39 - Mar 9 with 1068 viewsgiant_stow

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:37 - Mar 9 by jas0999

Shutting schools would bring the economy down. A parent would need to stay home, not everyone can work from home. No work. No pay. No money to spend.

But keeping them open gives a highway for the virus into many homes...

Take you guys' points here and above though (and my house would get majorly screwed by a school closure) and glad it's not my decision!

Login to get fewer ads

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:42 - Mar 9 with 1041 viewslazyblue

Do it now and not have the arrogant attitude that could get country in trouble .
You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:43 - Mar 9 with 1027 viewshomer_123

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:38 - Mar 9 by WeWereZombies

Not just people in the NHS compromised over child care, other emergency services too.

Indeed

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

You're Boris sat in his little Cobra meeting - do you shut down schools and on 12:44 - Mar 9 with 1022 viewsPecker

Difficult one to call. Closure would be seen by many as panic, no closure as irresponsible. Sports events should definitely be cancelled or played behind closed doors. The Premier Leagues "gesture" of not shaking hands at the start was just ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024