Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London demos 16:23 - Jun 4 with 1381 viewswitchdoctor

all going swimmingly then...🙄
London demos on 16:32 - Jun 4 with 1347 viewsBlueBadger

Everybody is acting on paternal instinct undertaking a self monitoring eye-test and that as far we're concerned are acting within the law

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

London demos on 16:36 - Jun 4 with 1326 viewsclive_baker

Some of the footage of Police being attacked is disgusting. It was 3 years ago to the day yesterday that Met Police were confronting machete wielding terrorists at London Bridge and putting themselves right into the front line to protect us. And now innocent people are being attacked because they happen to do the same job in this country as the subject of anti-racism demonstrations in the US. Go figure.

Absolute savages. They're not standing for anything, they're clueless, opportunistic, mindless idiots.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

London demos on 16:40 - Jun 4 with 1299 viewsbrazil1982

London demos on 16:32 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

Everybody is acting on paternal instinct undertaking a self monitoring eye-test and that as far we're concerned are acting within the law

I'm sure Barry Gardiner is too.
London demos on 16:47 - Jun 4 with 1275 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't mean this as a facetious comment, but how do you balance the value of black lives versus everyone's lives in a country during a pandemic? (That's not a rhetorical question; I don't know how you can weight the two against each other or even if you should try).

I've got no idea whether there's a right answer in any of this. Is it right to forsake health advice to support a movement trying to raise awareness of systematic and institutionalised racism? Or is it 'more' right to adhere to the important pandemic control advice thereby effectively turning a blind eye to the BLM issue?

I'd like to think you could effectively address both if countries gave clear commitments to address racism, whilst reinforcing the need for pandemic control at this time. It would need actions though, not just empty words. In theory possible, but unlikely.

If ever there was a complex situation that doesn't need polarising and politicising, this is probably it.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 16:49]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

London demos on 17:54 - Jun 4 with 1187 viewsSarge

London demos on 16:47 - Jun 4 by Swansea_Blue

I don't mean this as a facetious comment, but how do you balance the value of black lives versus everyone's lives in a country during a pandemic? (That's not a rhetorical question; I don't know how you can weight the two against each other or even if you should try).

I've got no idea whether there's a right answer in any of this. Is it right to forsake health advice to support a movement trying to raise awareness of systematic and institutionalised racism? Or is it 'more' right to adhere to the important pandemic control advice thereby effectively turning a blind eye to the BLM issue?

I'd like to think you could effectively address both if countries gave clear commitments to address racism, whilst reinforcing the need for pandemic control at this time. It would need actions though, not just empty words. In theory possible, but unlikely.

If ever there was a complex situation that doesn't need polarising and politicising, this is probably it.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 16:49]

There is a tragic irony that the protestors saying “I can’t breathe” may well, end up saying the same thing for real in an ICU in a few weeks.

The protests worldwide are for a worthy cause, but I think it’s absolutely wrong to forsake the health advice in the current situation, because Covid19 is currently costing lives left right and centre.
London demos on 18:12 - Jun 4 with 1142 viewsGlasgowBlue

London demos on 16:40 - Jun 4 by brazil1982

I'm sure Barry Gardiner is too.

Barry Gardiner has since deleted his letter criticising Dominic Cummings for flouting the rules.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

London demos on 20:09 - Jun 4 with 910 viewsSwansea_Blue

London demos on 17:54 - Jun 4 by Sarge

There is a tragic irony that the protestors saying “I can’t breathe” may well, end up saying the same thing for real in an ICU in a few weeks.

The protests worldwide are for a worthy cause, but I think it’s absolutely wrong to forsake the health advice in the current situation, because Covid19 is currently costing lives left right and centre.

Yeah, fair point. I'm at the point where I see BLM as more important but Covid as more urgent. I think.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024