Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour Together Election Post-Mortem 10:08 - Jun 19 with 425 viewstractordownsouth

Not a happy read but it's important. A lot of the stuff in it is obvious but good to analyse

https://electionreview.labourtogether.uk/

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:34 - Jun 19 with 386 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Should be one page long and read;

"Should have appointed David Miliband when we had the opportunity."

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:36 - Jun 19 with 376 viewslowhouseblue

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:34 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Should be one page long and read;

"Should have appointed David Miliband when we had the opportunity."

or:

"told our members what they wanted to hear, forgot about the voters."

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:39 - Jun 19 with 370 viewsStokieBlue

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:36 - Jun 19 by lowhouseblue

or:

"told our members what they wanted to hear, forgot about the voters."

"we won the argument".

Putting the silliness aside, it's not been great for the country that Labour weren't able to challenge the Tories to a better degree and prevent them from having such a huge majority.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:41 - Jun 19 with 361 viewslowhouseblue

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:39 - Jun 19 by StokieBlue

"we won the argument".

Putting the silliness aside, it's not been great for the country that Labour weren't able to challenge the Tories to a better degree and prevent them from having such a huge majority.

SB

it is a disaster and a very long way back.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:44 - Jun 19 with 353 viewsBlueBadger

What, no 'it was all a plot by Mossad'?

From the way Jezza and his cultists were carrying on, I thought that was a shoo-in.

You can thank me for the ten-pager now.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 10:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:47 - Jun 19 with 329 viewsBlueBadger

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:41 - Jun 19 by lowhouseblue

But the football is better now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:53 - Jun 19 with 313 viewstractordownsouth

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:41 - Jun 19 by lowhouseblue

Yep - I think at this point the best we can hope for is a repeat of the 2017 result and a hung parliament.

We're so far behind in Scotland now it's depressing.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 11:22 - Jun 19 with 282 viewsWeWereZombies

Labour Together Election Post-Mortem on 10:53 - Jun 19 by tractordownsouth

Yep - I think at this point the best we can hope for is a repeat of the 2017 result and a hung parliament.

We're so far behind in Scotland now it's depressing.

We have been over the reasons why Labour is not trusted in Scotland before:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/03/strange-death-labour-scotland

Keir Starmer has made a good start as Labour leader (in difficult circumstances too) but one bad move has been maintaining a centralised attitude, in an age where authoritarianism is raising its ugly head to the distaste of many potential voters then a question mark hangs over the appeal of Labour to the Scottish, or Welsh or indeed that of any region of England outside of London, electorate.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024