Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stiff upper lip and all that... 16:07 - Jun 23 with 1128 viewsSeablu

I don’t know about anyone else, but Sky commentators continually apologising for every bit of agricultural language during the live play-off games is starting to grate now.

I’d rather explain to an 11 year old why Keith Curle thinks the Cheltenham left back is a ‘f*cking t*at’ than spend half time trying to find an answer to the question ‘what’s erectile disfunction’?

Put the flipping advert on for the later games so I only have to avoid the accusatory scowls from the wife.

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 16:31 - Jun 23 with 1041 viewsSteve_M

Apologising for a bit of swearing, which no one is offended about, allows Sky to avoid any criticism from Ofcom. A sensible and necessary response.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 18:12 - Jun 23 with 945 viewsfactual_blue

They probably do it to try and stop the permanently outraged from complaining.

Even more annoying is prefacing programmes with 'this programme was filmed before the current social distancing measures were in force'. It's annoying because once again people will be be outraged and complain.

I hate most people.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 18:16 - Jun 23 with 937 viewspeterleeblue

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 18:12 - Jun 23 by factual_blue

They probably do it to try and stop the permanently outraged from complaining.

Even more annoying is prefacing programmes with 'this programme was filmed before the current social distancing measures were in force'. It's annoying because once again people will be be outraged and complain.

I hate most people.

My Nana (Rest her soul) always had a great response to when asked "How are you Nana". The response "I'm fine but its the others"......

Many times i've thought what a beautiful day and now i'm juts waiting for some t**t to F**k it up for me!
Stiff upper lip and all that... on 09:01 - Jun 24 with 721 viewsGeoffSentence

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 18:16 - Jun 23 by peterleeblue

My Nana (Rest her soul) always had a great response to when asked "How are you Nana". The response "I'm fine but its the others"......

Many times i've thought what a beautiful day and now i'm juts waiting for some t**t to F**k it up for me!

The trouble is those of us who just like to sit back, relax and enjoy the world don't run it. It's the cockwombles who like to make a big noise who run the world and that's why it's so fecked up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 09:54 - Jun 24 with 651 viewsclive_baker

Just the upper lip that's stiff is it buh?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 10:30 - Jun 24 with 607 viewslinhdi

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 16:31 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

Apologising for a bit of swearing, which no one is offended about, allows Sky to avoid any criticism from Ofcom. A sensible and necessary response.

Strange thing is, I haven't noticed any swearing ( well, other than self and Mrs Linhdi) while watching on the no-artificial noise channel. It was far more obvious when an entire stand was going at it!
Stiff upper lip and all that... on 10:33 - Jun 24 with 593 viewsKeno

Stiff upper lip and all that... on 10:30 - Jun 24 by linhdi

Strange thing is, I haven't noticed any swearing ( well, other than self and Mrs Linhdi) while watching on the no-artificial noise channel. It was far more obvious when an entire stand was going at it!

I was watching some rugby from New Zealand when there was a 'bit of a disagreement' after a scrum.

A few minutes after the commentator did the usual 'we apologise if anyone was offended by the bad language a few minutes ago'

to which the summariser (Justin Marshall) replied 'tho to be fair it wasn't that bad and if it offended you perhaps you shouldn't be watching rugby'

it made me chuckle

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024