Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really miss watching ITFC 12:18 - Jul 30 with 2731 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I really miss watching ITFC on 12:35 - Jul 30 with 2683 viewsericclacton

Me 2
I really miss watching ITFC on 12:38 - Jul 30 with 2680 viewsFenboyBlue

Then cheer yourself up by watching The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 on Sat/Sun. Last weekend they showed us against Liverpool in May 1977. We're currently lying 3rd in the top division tucked in just behind Liverpool and Man City. Y'know, I think we might just sneak it.
I really miss watching ITFC on 12:51 - Jul 30 with 2645 viewslongtimefan

I really miss watching ITFC on 12:38 - Jul 30 by FenboyBlue

Then cheer yourself up by watching The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 on Sat/Sun. Last weekend they showed us against Liverpool in May 1977. We're currently lying 3rd in the top division tucked in just behind Liverpool and Man City. Y'know, I think we might just sneak it.

SPOILER ALERT

It doesn’t end well!
I really miss watching ITFC on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 2637 viewsHerbivore

I genuinely haven't missed it at all. Most of the last couple of years has felt like a chore and pregame beers have generally been way more of a highlight than the football. I won't miss going to the game itself now I've cancelled my season ticket.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I really miss watching ITFC on 12:55 - Jul 30 with 2631 viewsKieran_Knows

I haven't. The only thing I miss is having a few pints beforehand which makes the games more bearable.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I really miss watching ITFC on 12:57 - Jul 30 with 2624 viewsHerbivore

I really miss watching ITFC on 12:55 - Jul 30 by Kieran_Knows

I haven't. The only thing I miss is having a few pints beforehand which makes the games more bearable.

Think we're in the same boat on that one.

I really miss watching ITFC on 12:58 - Jul 30 with 2617 viewsBlueBadger

As a long-time part-timer, this is the flip side to missing out on a lot of the good times. I'v only seen fragments of the car-crash, rather than the whole gory build-up and aftermath.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I really miss watching ITFC on 13:08 - Jul 30 with 2591 viewsFenboyBlue

All I can remember is we were doing well through a combination of luck, accident & the fact that every other team was slow starting. Then it stopped when KVY got injured. I can't remember who was good or bad after that and how much of it was Lambo's team selection & tactics. I think we were still playing in blue most weeks although I can't be sure. The rest of it is just a fine mist.
Login to get fewer ads

I really miss watching ITFC on 13:13 - Jul 30 with 2579 viewslongtimefan

I miss it too. Looking forward to being able to get back to Portman Road. Unfortunately I can’t see any away trips being permitted this next season though.
I really miss watching ITFC on 13:27 - Jul 30 with 2548 viewsclive_baker

I really miss watching ITFC on 12:54 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I genuinely haven't missed it at all. Most of the last couple of years has felt like a chore and pregame beers have generally been way more of a highlight than the football. I won't miss going to the game itself now I've cancelled my season ticket.

Same. I've missed L1 and lower league football not existing, as a 'thing' and as a spectacle, and being able to go to games, but I don't think I've really missed it on a Saturday afternoon. I decided not to renew my season ticket, and I'll still go to some games but I'm looking forward to dipping in, perhaps go to 7 or 8 a season with a few away games too, and spend my time doing other things on the other Saturday's, but continuing to follow the scores and highlights etc. I lost a lot of the enthusiasm to commit to going every other week, it's been a gradual thing over the past few seasons.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I really miss watching ITFC on 13:33 - Jul 30 with 2528 viewsHerbivore

I really miss watching ITFC on 13:27 - Jul 30 by clive_baker

Same. I've missed L1 and lower league football not existing, as a 'thing' and as a spectacle, and being able to go to games, but I don't think I've really missed it on a Saturday afternoon. I decided not to renew my season ticket, and I'll still go to some games but I'm looking forward to dipping in, perhaps go to 7 or 8 a season with a few away games too, and spend my time doing other things on the other Saturday's, but continuing to follow the scores and highlights etc. I lost a lot of the enthusiasm to commit to going every other week, it's been a gradual thing over the past few seasons.

I'm moving away so that took the decision out of my hands really, but I think I was leaning towards cancelling and picking and choosing games even if I'd stayed. I'll try to do some away days once those are allowed again (probably 2021/22, possibly in League 2) and when I'm back locally I'll look to catch a game at Portman Road. Going every week had started to feel like an obligation really.

I really miss watching ITFC on 13:45 - Jul 30 with 2489 viewsclive_baker

I really miss watching ITFC on 13:33 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I'm moving away so that took the decision out of my hands really, but I think I was leaning towards cancelling and picking and choosing games even if I'd stayed. I'll try to do some away days once those are allowed again (probably 2021/22, possibly in League 2) and when I'm back locally I'll look to catch a game at Portman Road. Going every week had started to feel like an obligation really.

Where are you moving to buh?

I really miss watching ITFC on 14:03 - Jul 30 with 2461 viewsHerbivore

I really miss watching ITFC on 13:45 - Jul 30 by clive_baker

Where are you moving to buh?

Off to South West Scotland, so a bit too far to commute for home games.

I really miss watching ITFC on 14:08 - Jul 30 with 2436 viewsclive_baker

I really miss watching ITFC on 14:03 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

Blimey, fair enough that is a bit of a trek to PR!

GL with it all.

I really miss watching ITFC on 14:09 - Jul 30 with 2433 viewsdissboy2

we must be masochists!
I really miss watching ITFC on 15:39 - Jul 30 with 2352 viewsFenboyBlue

I really miss watching ITFC on 14:03 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

You'll make the Carlisle away game though, won't you ?
I really miss watching ITFC on 15:48 - Jul 30 with 2337 viewshadleighboyblue

Agree BryanPlug . I can't get in to the Premiership stuff , supporting your local pro team is much better .

Local non league football is well worth a look too
I really miss watching ITFC on 15:52 - Jul 30 with 2330 viewsHerbivore

I really miss watching ITFC on 15:39 - Jul 30 by FenboyBlue

You'll make the Carlisle away game though, won't you ?

Easily. I'm sure we'll be playing them soon enough.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024