Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge 19:54 - Jul 30 with 3407 viewsradiogaga

"with the history of the club, I think it (Norwich) is a really good fit for me"

The kid obviously has no interest in winning any trophies.

Which entry on the honours list will have impressed him the most though?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:01]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 20:34 - Jul 30 with 3245 viewsbluebud

Ooooh, is this a quiz?

I'll say when they were Champions of the Championship, season before last.
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 3200 viewsbournemouthblue

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 20:34 - Jul 30 by bluebud

Ooooh, is this a quiz?

I'll say when they were Champions of the Championship, season before last.

Indeed, we are not really in a position to mock at the moment

I still don't get their policy of trying to avoid staying in the Premier League last season, it's not like the Championship is the easiest place to bounce straight back from.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 22:11 - Jul 30 with 3029 viewsBaggio_is_magic

Unfortunately that is a very good signing. Not sure on the fee but he looked very good for Wigan towards the end of this season.
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 22:13 - Jul 30 with 3019 viewsbluebud

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 20:45 - Jul 30 by bournemouthblue

Indeed, we are not really in a position to mock at the moment

I still don't get their policy of trying to avoid staying in the Premier League last season, it's not like the Championship is the easiest place to bounce straight back from.

I think they lost their leaders through injury and a lot of their physicality with them, Hanley, Klose and Zimmerman, with such a young team of mainly technical (lightweight) players I think that lack of back up told quickly. I don't understan why they didn't get more defenders in January and instead got some pretty smallsih midfielders....funny, they always screw up their transfers when in the Prem. They had to pay Naismith a million when they won the championship and he hadn't been there for 18 months running up to it.

I'm envious that they have a plan though and I think they might have fluked turning into a solvent outfit with loads more promisng youngsters :-(

If someone gave me a free bet I'd happily put it on them to go up
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 23:30 - Jul 30 with 2894 viewstractordownsouth

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 22:11 - Jul 30 by Baggio_is_magic

Unfortunately that is a very good signing. Not sure on the fee but he looked very good for Wigan towards the end of this season.

How much did he cost? can't find the fee anywhere

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 09:44 - Jul 31 with 2543 viewsradiogaga

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 22:13 - Jul 30 by bluebud

I think they lost their leaders through injury and a lot of their physicality with them, Hanley, Klose and Zimmerman, with such a young team of mainly technical (lightweight) players I think that lack of back up told quickly. I don't understan why they didn't get more defenders in January and instead got some pretty smallsih midfielders....funny, they always screw up their transfers when in the Prem. They had to pay Naismith a million when they won the championship and he hadn't been there for 18 months running up to it.

I'm envious that they have a plan though and I think they might have fluked turning into a solvent outfit with loads more promisng youngsters :-(

If someone gave me a free bet I'd happily put it on them to go up

Agree with all the comments (my post was just a bit of light humour).

As you alude to, they have a plan. I've failed to see any serious plan being put into practice throughout the last 10+ years under Evans.

Dowell is highly likely to be a long term replacement for Cantwell. They'll get a lot of money for him, as will they get a decent amount presuming Jamal Lewis leaves. They signed Sam McCallum from Coventry in January/ loaned him straight back out for the rest of last season, again the intention is for him to likely replace Lewis too. No doubt Dowell/ McCallum will cost a fair bit less to buy than Cantwell/ Lewis too.

They have a habit of getting good replacements sorted out long before selling important players. It's not rocket science.

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 10:55 - Jul 31 with 2468 viewsbluebud

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 09:44 - Jul 31 by radiogaga

Agree with all the comments (my post was just a bit of light humour).

As you alude to, they have a plan. I've failed to see any serious plan being put into practice throughout the last 10+ years under Evans.

Dowell is highly likely to be a long term replacement for Cantwell. They'll get a lot of money for him, as will they get a decent amount presuming Jamal Lewis leaves. They signed Sam McCallum from Coventry in January/ loaned him straight back out for the rest of last season, again the intention is for him to likely replace Lewis too. No doubt Dowell/ McCallum will cost a fair bit less to buy than Cantwell/ Lewis too.

They have a habit of getting good replacements sorted out long before selling important players. It's not rocket science.

I think they've signed ten players now and haven't sold anyone yet. I think quite a few of their intial German influx will be on the move and 3 0r 4 out of Buendia, Pukki, Aarons, Lewic, Cantwell and Godfrey.......I mean for me Hernandez is a great player, Leiner and Vrancic also quality.

I need to stop as I can feel anxiety coursing through my veins.
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:31 - Jul 31 with 2418 viewsBaggio_is_magic

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 23:30 - Jul 30 by tractordownsouth

How much did he cost? can't find the fee anywhere

It’s officially undisclosed but I’d hazard a guess and say anywhere between 1-2 million. Any less than that and they’ve really got a deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:35 - Jul 31 with 2409 viewsDennyx4

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:31 - Jul 31 by Baggio_is_magic

It’s officially undisclosed but I’d hazard a guess and say anywhere between 1-2 million. Any less than that and they’ve really got a deal.

I always wondered why clubs were allowed to state fee undisclosed?
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:56 - Jul 31 with 2378 viewsBaggio_is_magic

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:35 - Jul 31 by Dennyx4

I always wondered why clubs were allowed to state fee undisclosed?

A multitude of reasons I’d imagine - less pressure on the player, other clubs not knowing what you’re happy spending / have received etc. I remember when Southampton signed Boufal for a “club record undisclosed fee”. It’s very frustrating!
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:58 - Jul 31 with 2372 viewsDennyx4

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:56 - Jul 31 by Baggio_is_magic

A multitude of reasons I’d imagine - less pressure on the player, other clubs not knowing what you’re happy spending / have received etc. I remember when Southampton signed Boufal for a “club record undisclosed fee”. It’s very frustrating!

Surely it comes out eventually in the financial accounts (maybe not of multiple purchases)
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 12:19 - Jul 31 with 2346 viewsBaggio_is_magic

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 11:58 - Jul 31 by Dennyx4

Surely it comes out eventually in the financial accounts (maybe not of multiple purchases)

They definitely become clearer over time. Usually local journo’s have quite a good idea anyway which is why I’m quite surprised it’s not mentioned in any articles. Phil / EADT are usually pretty good with the “we understand to be in the region of £xxx,xxx”
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 17:47 - Jul 31 with 2209 viewsShawsey

Sorry to pee on your parade, but they have been far more successful than us recently. We really are in no position to mock anybody really.
Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 10:31 - Aug 1 with 1966 viewsradiogaga

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 17:47 - Jul 31 by Shawsey

Sorry to pee on your parade, but they have been far more successful than us recently. We really are in no position to mock anybody really.

See above post at 9:44 yesterday...

Kieran Dowell/ Nodge on 15:54 - Aug 1 with 1835 viewsTieDyedIn95

As much as I hate them the last 35 years they have easily had the better run than us. They've won the League Cup, came 3rd in the League, had numerous runs in the top flight and won a number of Championship (and League One) trophy's and Playoffs. In that same time we have managed just 5 seasons in the top flight and won what, the Championship in 1992 and the Championship Playoffs in 2000, which was 20 years ago.

Post-Robson Ipswich has largely been pretty crap! Of course the kids aren't going to know our history, most think Liverpool just won the league for the first time ever and that Leeds are about to play their first season in the top flight! As anyone who's a non-Town fan under 40 and most wont remember us even playing in the Premier League let alone what honours we achieved prior to that branding change. That is just how sad it has become.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024