Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. 08:28 - Jul 8 with 2243 viewsWeWereZombies

Have you? What do you mean it was during our nap time...

Anyway, this is what happens when you started watching Later...Live on a Wednesday morning because some of the tracks are going off the iPlayer on Sunday and you find something worth listening to.

And as this is a football forum, what is the connection between the band and Emlyn Hughes?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 08:57 - Jul 8 with 2185 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wake up Grandad!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:02 - Jul 8 with 2175 viewsWeWereZombies

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 08:57 - Jul 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Wake up Grandad!

Point of order - I am not a Grandad yet. I will admit to being half asleep most of the time.

[edit] And you haven't answered the Emlyn Hughes question.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 9:09]

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:15 - Jul 8 with 2154 viewsfactual_blue

Bluebadger mentioned them the other day, and I must admit to quite enjoying them on the Spotify.

Did they and Emlyn both enjoy picking up teenagers at the Mount Hotel in Wolverhampton?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:16 - Jul 8 with 2146 viewsfactual_blue

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:02 - Jul 8 by WeWereZombies

Point of order - I am not a Grandad yet. I will admit to being half asleep most of the time.

[edit] And you haven't answered the Emlyn Hughes question.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 9:09]

You like battenberg. That's great-grandad mode.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:19 - Jul 8 with 2143 viewsBlue_Order

Fontaines and The Murder Capital are the best bands about at the moment.
None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:19 - Jul 8 with 2143 viewsBlueBadger

Some of us in our mid-40's knew about them last year...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:22 - Jul 8 with 2142 viewsWeWereZombies

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:16 - Jul 8 by factual_blue

You like battenberg. That's great-grandad mode.

it's a pattern, isn't it? Battenberg over fruitcakes, Fonaines D.C. over Idles, Stilton over the blandness of Cheddar, Couñago over Shefki for the cunning...and the tilde.

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:29 - Jul 8 with 2133 viewsWeWereZombies

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:15 - Jul 8 by factual_blue

Bluebadger mentioned them the other day, and I must admit to quite enjoying them on the Spotify.

Did they and Emlyn both enjoy picking up teenagers at the Mount Hotel in Wolverhampton?

The Mount Hotel does not feature on either Wikipedia page - so as far as I know - no.

Login to get fewer ads

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 18:17 - Jul 8 with 2016 viewsWeWereZombies

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:29 - Jul 8 by WeWereZombies

The Mount Hotel does not feature on either Wikipedia page - so as far as I know - no.

Well, that was a successful challenge...

In case anyone is even slightly interested, the singer in Fontaines D.C. and Emlyn Hughes were both born in Barrow-in-Furness.

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 22:37 - Jul 8 with 1968 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:22 - Jul 8 by WeWereZombies

it's a pattern, isn't it? Battenberg over fruitcakes, Fonaines D.C. over Idles, Stilton over the blandness of Cheddar, Couñago over Shefki for the cunning...and the tilde.

How you can be quite so disparaging about Idles I still can not fathom. However Fontaines>Idles I can go with.

Ps...if I had the skills of GB's archivist I could point you to my attempts at bringing Fontaines to your attention...most recently this...
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 22:39]

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 19:29 - Jul 9 with 1832 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This from the upcoming new album is pretty damn good too...

Getting itchy to stand in a field and watch a decent band now!!
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 19:31]

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 22:16 - Jul 9 with 1803 viewshoppy

I secured a ticket for myself earlier this evening, to go and see them at Cambridge Corn Exchange next May (Monday 17th to be precise).

Hopefully there'll be some kind of normality around going to gigs by then!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 00:40 - Aug 1 with 1636 viewsmatty48

New album is superb! wasnt sure at first. had a couple of listens and really like it. very different sound to Dogrel. The band have grown up very quickly.
None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 07:14 - Aug 1 with 1574 viewsSwansea_Blue

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 09:19 - Jul 8 by BlueBadger

Some of us in our mid-40's knew about them last year...

As he said, old gits.

Does their lead singer ever, er, sing?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 13:05 - Aug 1 with 1517 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 00:40 - Aug 1 by matty48

New album is superb! wasnt sure at first. had a couple of listens and really like it. very different sound to Dogrel. The band have grown up very quickly.

Listened to it on a long drive last night....love it. There was a 3 song section in the middle which was the peak...I don't belong, I was not born and A hero's death....kind of the obvious ones but there you go.

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 13:25 - Aug 3 with 1391 viewsnodge_blue

Have any of them made you aware of idles in that case?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 11:46 - Aug 4 with 1287 viewsHalf_Idiot

None of you Young Turks on the forum have told us old gits about Fontaines D.C. on 13:25 - Aug 3 by nodge_blue

Have any of them made you aware of idles in that case?

Love Idles but not really a fan of that track, I don't think it really shows much growth from the band.

Grounds on the other hand is a great track!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024