Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears Edwards. 14:03 - Sep 20 with 1463 viewsWickets

With Freddy being right footed and Gwion declaring he prefers the left anyone any theories as to why they seem to be the other way round ? Not that i'm complaining about our 100% record .Just wondering .
Sears Edwards. on 14:06 - Sep 20 with 1438 viewsBluefish

Most of Freddie's best work here has also been down the left. Ideally we will soon start with Freddie on the left as a right footer and Lankester on the right as a left footer.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Sears Edwards. on 14:42 - Sep 20 with 1350 viewsJoHnNnY

Best foot for shooting when cutting inside.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Sears Edwards. on 19:58 - Sep 20 with 1100 viewsGarv

I wouldn't fancy Sears down the right but equally you really want Edwards on the left. Ideally your two wide men would be genuine wide men, meaning Edwards left and Lankester right. Sears is useful - and deserves his place - but he shouldn't be out there really.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 19:58]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sears Edwards. on 20:52 - Sep 20 with 1037 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sears Edwards. on 19:58 - Sep 20 by Garv

I wouldn't fancy Sears down the right but equally you really want Edwards on the left. Ideally your two wide men would be genuine wide men, meaning Edwards left and Lankester right. Sears is useful - and deserves his place - but he shouldn't be out there really.

Would you play Sears through the middle then?

I think it is nice to have the options. Sears seems to be linking up well with Ward and Edwards with Chambers. A lot of effective football is about creating partnerships on the pitch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sears Edwards. on 00:10 - Sep 21 with 955 viewsArnieM

Sears Edwards. on 20:52 - Sep 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think it is nice to have the options. Sears seems to be linking up well with Ward and Edwards with Chambers. A lot of effective football is about creating partnerships on the pitch.

It certainly worked under SBR . “ little triangles” (partnerships), all over the pitch in that great side!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sears Edwards. on 11:18 - Sep 21 with 834 viewsGarv

Sears Edwards. on 20:52 - Sep 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not over our other options no. Yeah he's 100% earning his place simply due to how willing a runner he is and his knack of popping up with goals and assists.

Sears Edwards. on 11:25 - Sep 21 with 821 viewsHerbivore

Sears Edwards. on 19:58 - Sep 20 by Garv

You need to have at least one wide forward in a 4-3-3 rather than wingers. Sears should be capable of 10-15 goals playing from the left and I can't see either Edwards or Lankester being about to replicate that. The risk of playing wingers rather than wide forwards is that the central striker gets isolated and it effectively becomes a 4-5-1.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sears Edwards. on 23:10 - Sep 21 with 706 viewsGarv

Sears Edwards. on 11:25 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

You need to have at least one wide forward in a 4-3-3 rather than wingers. Sears should be capable of 10-15 goals playing from the left and I can't see either Edwards or Lankester being about to replicate that. The risk of playing wingers rather than wide forwards is that the central striker gets isolated and it effectively becomes a 4-5-1.

That's it. His goal threat and overall usefulness means he's probably there to stay.

Or would you be looking to replace him with Jackson?

Login to get fewer ads

Sears Edwards. on 23:16 - Sep 21 with 692 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sears Edwards. on 11:25 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

I actually think Edwards and Lankester probably could do that playing as wide forwards. I also think Sears is more suited to it and has earned his place. Don't forget Edwards scored a decent number from the wing in the Championship when he first joined.

I think this formation suits these players well.

EDIT: Hopefully Jackson can play that role too and offer pace off the bench against tiring legs.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 23:18]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sears Edwards. on 23:17 - Sep 21 with 688 viewsHerbivore

Sears Edwards. on 23:10 - Sep 21 by Garv

That's it. His goal threat and overall usefulness means he's probably there to stay.

Or would you be looking to replace him with Jackson?

Tough one really. I think Jackson has potential as a wide forward but Lambert doesn't seem to think so. Sears we know can be effective in that role.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sears Edwards. on 09:22 - Sep 22 with 586 viewsWickets

Sears Edwards. on 23:17 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Tough one really. I think Jackson has potential as a wide forward but Lambert doesn't seem to think so. Sears we know can be effective in that role.

I cant really see where else Jackson could play in this system . Sears, Edwards, Judge, and Jackson should give us options wide in a three .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024