Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we better because there's no crowd 16:54 - Sep 26 with 1378 viewstonydinning

Do you think there's less pressure on the players without a crowd there who can get onto them if things aren't going right? And is that helping them play more freely?

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

Are we better because there's no crowd on 16:58 - Sep 26 with 1351 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't think so. A lot more movement, players getting ahead of the ball, a bit of extra quality in a couple of places and one or two players playing in preferred positions.

Hard to know what impact it's having on players like Nolan though. Maybe the lack of crowd is part of the answer. But we're doing the basics a lot better than the end of last season.

edit - and we've played teams that'll probably not finish high up in the table. Mick's just reminded me, and I think that's a really important point.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 17:01]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are we better because there's no crowd on 16:58 - Sep 26 with 1348 viewsjeera

I would say there's no doubt that players can be themselves more.

Too often you see a player take a safe option when a more confident version of himself might fancy something more.

I could be wrong, I'm sure there's many a player who thrives off a crowd, but generally speaking, if your confidence is a bit shot, the less pressure and more freedom mentally to perform to one's ability the better.

Imho.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:00 - Sep 26 with 1312 viewsFenboyBlue

I've watched the 2 goals on Sky, that small crowd in the corner don't seem to celebrate much. Static bunch of miserable sods.
Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:02 - Sep 26 with 1282 viewsTheSelkirk

Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:00 - Sep 26 by FenboyBlue

I've watched the 2 goals on Sky, that small crowd in the corner don't seem to celebrate much. Static bunch of miserable sods.

Seemed to be nodding approvingly throughout.
Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:06 - Sep 26 with 1232 viewsjeera

Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:02 - Sep 26 by TheSelkirk

Any signs of tutting here and there?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:12 - Sep 26 with 1202 viewsVic

Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:02 - Sep 26 by TheSelkirk

Must be the coop stand them

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Are we better because there's no crowd on 17:54 - Sep 26 with 1086 viewsstonojnr

i was wondering that :) but I think its too soon to draw that conclusion, the fans backing can certainly lift a team to make that extra bit of effort, and make the opposition more nervy, especially if mistakes start to come in.

equally some players dont respond well to crowd criticism, so maybe theres a little less pressure cooker environment without the fans there, that allows some players to concentrate more, but the downside is the players that respond best to crowd interaction dont have that to fall back on now, so it evens out I reckon.
Are we better because there's no crowd on 18:55 - Sep 26 with 983 viewsEllistonArt

I think it's more that the fixtures have been very kind to us.

Don't get me wrong, I think we've had some good (-sometimes great) attacking play but until we meet a serious div 1 contender this start will feel a bit too much like a carbon copy of last season.

Lambert will always make changes injuries or not
, but for the moment he's pretty much reigning that in which I believe is equally important to our bright start.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we better because there's no crowd on 19:47 - Sep 26 with 918 viewsFreddies_Ears

With a crowd, they'd have been booed off at ht. I am sure we are playing better without that lackofsupport.
Are we better because there's no crowd on 19:56 - Sep 26 with 894 viewsBlockJJ

Was there no crowd at the start of last season as well?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024