Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought(s) for the day 10:10 - Oct 25 with 508 viewsDarth_Koont

Pretty safe prediction here:
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." – Helder Camara

Pronouns: He/Him

Thought(s) for the day on 10:29 - Oct 25 with 448 viewspointofblue

If or when Rashford goes down that route the Conservatives will be on safer ground because they will blame the parents and a large swathe will lap it up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thought(s) for the day on 10:41 - Oct 25 with 407 viewsDarth_Koont

Thought(s) for the day on 10:29 - Oct 25 by pointofblue

If or when Rashford goes down that route the Conservatives will be on safer ground because they will blame the parents and a large swathe will lap it up.

But something like 70% of these kids have a parent working.

Clearly we’re talking about a systemic failure. We’ve got low, stagnant wages at the lower end colliding with higher cost of living/accommodation. Meanwhile the wealthy and many of the property owners are getting much, much richer.

You’re right that the right-wing politicians, media and their supporters will try to blame a section of the population (as they always do) but it’s up to decent people to keep rejecting that playbook rather than buying into it.

Thought(s) for the day on 10:50 - Oct 25 with 382 viewsPendejo

Which took me here

https://www.etymonline.com/word/Tory

Tory (n.)
1566, "an outlaw," specifically "one of a class of Irish robbers noted for outrages and savage cruelty," from Irish toruighe "plunderer,"

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Thought(s) for the day on 10:51 - Oct 25 with 373 viewsKeno

Thought(s) for the day on 10:41 - Oct 25 by Darth_Koont

But something like 70% of these kids have a parent working.

Clearly we’re talking about a systemic failure. We’ve got low, stagnant wages at the lower end colliding with higher cost of living/accommodation. Meanwhile the wealthy and many of the property owners are getting much, much richer.

You’re right that the right-wing politicians, media and their supporters will try to blame a section of the population (as they always do) but it’s up to decent people to keep rejecting that playbook rather than buying into it.

Some one will undoubtedly blame The EU cos its their policy that has caused it and/or Immigrants cos they take food from 'our' children

and I am sure we can guess who that someone will be!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Thought(s) for the day on 10:57 - Oct 25 with 354 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Thought(s) for the day on 10:29 - Oct 25 by pointofblue

Surely it's because of the worldwide financial crisis caused entirely by the UK labour government almost 15 years ago?
Thought(s) for the day on 10:58 - Oct 25 with 352 viewsDarth_Koont

Thought(s) for the day on 10:51 - Oct 25 by Keno

Some one will undoubtedly blame The EU cos its their policy that has caused it and/or Immigrants cos they take food from 'our' children

and I am sure we can guess who that someone will be!!

Farage to his credit seems to be as critical of the government’s stance as anyone. But that’s the big problem - it’s not enough to be critical of the government and wring your hands over this situation. We need people and politicians to honestly and searchingly address the underlying issues.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024