Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into 17:47 - Nov 23 with 1144 viewsfredbarber

Location of season ticket holders.

To limit travel from further afield, season ticket holders within The Ipswich area should be offered first as they could walk to the ground or drive, then the club should look at surrounding towns and villages stowmarket and Felixstowe for example as the next lot of season ticket holders to possibly attend a game.

A bit unfair on fans that live further away but I think fans coming from different areas where infection rates could be higher isn’t a great idea.
Plus when you factor in the use of transport to get to the ground where this could be train or bus etc

For balance I live on outskirts so would class myself in the second category but it may be worth the club looking at this for impact on the local health services if there is a spike in infections

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 18:54 - Nov 23 with 1031 viewsMullet

Shouldn't they look at fans who are least at risk first? An 80 year old from IP1 is not safer than a younger fan from 5 miles down the road. It's going to be an absolute minefield for the club and I don't envy them at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 19:02 - Nov 23 with 1013 viewsPJH

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 18:54 - Nov 23 by Mullet

Shouldn't they look at fans who are least at risk first? An 80 year old from IP1 is not safer than a younger fan from 5 miles down the road. It's going to be an absolute minefield for the club and I don't envy them at all.

As you probably know Mr Mullet, when it first looked like limited numbers might be possible a couple of months or so ago they contacted ST holders who had to 'register an interest' if they wanted/intended to attend games prior to the time that there would be no limits on numbers. I suppose they will work from that list and if that exceeds the maximum number possible, which I imagine it will, they will ballot from that.

The alternative would seem to be a complete re-think or contacting ST holders again to see what their views about attending are now.
Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 19:08 - Nov 23 with 996 viewsMullet

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 19:02 - Nov 23 by PJH

As you probably know Mr Mullet, when it first looked like limited numbers might be possible a couple of months or so ago they contacted ST holders who had to 'register an interest' if they wanted/intended to attend games prior to the time that there would be no limits on numbers. I suppose they will work from that list and if that exceeds the maximum number possible, which I imagine it will, they will ballot from that.

The alternative would seem to be a complete re-think or contacting ST holders again to see what their views about attending are now.

I don't see how they can go ahead without massively revisiting plans, let alone not consider starting from scratch given we know more now. It's another example of the Tories giving out populist headlines and letting others shovel their sh1t for them.

What if a club actually stands to lose money because the cost of putting on COVID safe matches for a fraction of the crowd is more expensive? Any club that says no to fans will get pelters.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 19:29 - Nov 23 with 945 viewsStadiumofdark

Perhaps just Lambert inners to start with
Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 19:34 - Nov 23 with 932 viewsbluelagos

There are 101 considerations the club could apply but to expect them to, given they are a football club is unrealistic i think.

Any decisions about who should be excluded or given priority should be included in the govt guidelines, over and above that simply isnt going to happen. Expecting football clubs to make guidelines around epidermical science, rather than follow them....the reality is they will implement what they are told to.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 19:35 - Nov 23 with 930 viewspointofblue

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 19:08 - Nov 23 by Mullet

I don't see how they can go ahead without massively revisiting plans, let alone not consider starting from scratch given we know more now. It's another example of the Tories giving out populist headlines and letting others shovel their sh1t for them.

What if a club actually stands to lose money because the cost of putting on COVID safe matches for a fraction of the crowd is more expensive? Any club that says no to fans will get pelters.

To be fair most clubs have been calling for fans to return since this season re-started.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 21:46 - Nov 23 with 790 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Good points- coming from Essex I’m thinking of the x contamination-but people work etc etc.
Problems will be at turnstiles and toilets - there won’t be any food or drinks.
Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 21:55 - Nov 23 with 767 viewsTractorWood

Fans returning to Portman road. The club need to look into on 18:54 - Nov 23 by Mullet

This. Sitting in the freezing on your own when you can't stand up or sing doesn't strike me as something to rush for. Especially if one is 55+ or clinically vulnerable.

As you say, minefield.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 21:55]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024