Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apprehensive about tonight 12:04 - Dec 15 with 1045 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Fortunate enough to get 3 tickets in the ballot for myself and my two sons. Been going to PR for over 40 years and have never had such a weird sense of anticipation before a game.

Excited to be back there again; Fearing the worst performance/result wise; Uncomfortable at the prospect of the fans' reaction to Lambert should the worst happen

As much as I'm utterly fed-up with Evans and his behaviour, and hugely unimpressed by Lambert over a long period of time, the public haranguing of individuals never sits comfortably with me. I suspect that a smaller number of dispersed fans will make that bad atmosphere feel worse and more personal. I know its the only meaningful way of people making their feelings heard but I go tonight with an unusual sense of foreboding.

Wasn't it great when we could go to a match anticipating only the football??
Apprehensive about tonight on 12:16 - Dec 15 with 990 viewshomer_123

I hope you see a good match.

One observation - you could, of course, choose not to go - in protest of the way things are currently being run.

Possibly a far bigger 'message' to Evans if the majority of the 2,000 ballot ticket holders didn't show up than a protest.

However, all the best to BlueAction for organising a protest - I hope it has the desired effect.

Also, all the best to you and your two sons if you go tonight - as I say, I hope you get to watch some decent football from Town and a good result.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 12:21]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Apprehensive about tonight on 12:53 - Dec 15 with 906 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I kind of agree, but Lambert himself has stoked it, and made things personal by banning Phil Ham.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Apprehensive about tonight on 12:57 - Dec 15 with 883 viewsJ2BLUE

As long as the stick Lambert gets isn't personal and is based on his performance as a manager then it's fair enough IMO. He has stirred the pot.

The only real issue is when it goes from making your voice heard that he's not right for the job to personal abuse like MM got.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Apprehensive about tonight on 13:20 - Dec 15 with 820 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Apprehensive about tonight on 12:16 - Dec 15 by homer_123

I hope you see a good match.

One observation - you could, of course, choose not to go - in protest of the way things are currently being run.

Possibly a far bigger 'message' to Evans if the majority of the 2,000 ballot ticket holders didn't show up than a protest.

However, all the best to BlueAction for organising a protest - I hope it has the desired effect.

Also, all the best to you and your two sons if you go tonight - as I say, I hope you get to watch some decent football from Town and a good result.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 12:21]

Yep, I hear you.

From a personal point of view, I guess my desire to be back at PR outweighs my need to protest at the moment - even though I sympathise hugely with those who choose to stay away. I'm with them in spirit if not on action.

Very much hoping that this situation turns around soon but its been going on too long to be a mere "blip" as those at the club appear to be suggesting
Apprehensive about tonight on 13:21 - Dec 15 with 818 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Apprehensive about tonight on 12:53 - Dec 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I kind of agree, but Lambert himself has stoked it, and made things personal by banning Phil Ham.

Wholeheartedly agree with that
Apprehensive about tonight on 13:25 - Dec 15 with 800 viewsEly_Blue

I think what may help the team is that given that it will be a completely new set of fans there tonight from Saturday then maybe any I’ll feeling from the end of the Pompey game won’t carry over, where under normal circumstances with everyone who was there Saturday being there again tonight it wouldn’t take much to turn the crowd.

I’m going to be there and am as excited to be back after 9 months as I would be for the first game of the season usually
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 13:26]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Apprehensive about tonight on 13:27 - Dec 15 with 782 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Apprehensive about tonight on 12:57 - Dec 15 by J2BLUE

As long as the stick Lambert gets isn't personal and is based on his performance as a manager then it's fair enough IMO. He has stirred the pot.

The only real issue is when it goes from making your voice heard that he's not right for the job to personal abuse like MM got.

Agreed. I think a large part of my discomfort comes from a deep sense of sadness that the club in which I took a great amount of pride for decades has descended to a level where the relationship between a generally benevolent & patient group of fans and the club hierarchy has fractured to such a massive extent for the second time in a few years.

It's a downward spiral which will only end when Evans leaves, in my opinion.
Apprehensive about tonight on 17:27 - Dec 15 with 641 viewssolemio

If you're Uncle Bulgaria there are two possibilities:

1. You are Bontcho.
2. You should be a Wimbledon supporter.

Hope you enjoy your evening one way or other.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024