Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) 12:46 - Dec 22 with 898 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 22 with 870 viewsMoriarty

Indeed.

The atrocities of Sinn Fein/IRA should never be forgotten.

Progress and Peace are essential, but that said, history must always be remembered.

fka omuircheartaigh

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 14:01 - Dec 22 with 786 viewsfactual_blue

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 13:05 - Dec 22 by Moriarty

Indeed.

The atrocities of Sinn Fein/IRA should never be forgotten.

Progress and Peace are essential, but that said, history must always be remembered.

We should move forward, trying to learn from the whole history of Ireland.

It's a sad tale.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 14:01 - Dec 22 with 781 viewsfactual_blue

Dementia, so a merciful release.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 14:19 - Dec 22 with 758 viewsMoriarty

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 14:01 - Dec 22 by factual_blue

We should move forward, trying to learn from the whole history of Ireland.

It's a sad tale.

It is.

The saddest thing about it for me (at the moment) is how the nobility of true patriots like Pearse, and the nobility of his ideals, have been monopolised by Sinn Fein/IRA.

The 1916 proclamation isn’t just about independence. It’s also about cherishing all citizens equally.

fka omuircheartaigh

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 14:23 - Dec 22 with 742 viewsBlueBadger

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 14:19 - Dec 22 by Moriarty

It is.

The saddest thing about it for me (at the moment) is how the nobility of true patriots like Pearse, and the nobility of his ideals, have been monopolised by Sinn Fein/IRA.

The 1916 proclamation isn’t just about independence. It’s also about cherishing all citizens equally.

'It’s also about cherishing all citizens equally.'

A major cause of tension in the run up to the Troubles was the fact that Catholics were essentially second class citizens in large parts of NI..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 15:39 - Dec 22 with 681 viewsMoriarty

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 14:23 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

'It’s also about cherishing all citizens equally.'

A major cause of tension in the run up to the Troubles was the fact that Catholics were essentially second class citizens in large parts of NI..

True. Bigotry and intolerance, and sectarian murder, were certainly not the sole preserve of Sinn Fein/IRA. Bloody Sunday for example.

Irish history has its complexities. Did you know that some of the most celebrated republicans such as Wolfe Tone and Robert Emmet were Protestant?

Pearse believed in blood sacrifice and was committed to dying on the field. He surrendered in 1916 not because defeat was inevitable, but in order to save civilians from British bullets. One of the early casualties from a British bullet was a baby in a pram in Stoneybatter. At Pearse’s court martial, Major Blackadder said that there must be something very wrong with British rule in Ireland if people like Pearse felt compelled to take up arms. He was a barrister. A poet. Bombing civilians would never have been condoned by him.

fka omuircheartaigh

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 17:26 - Dec 22 with 604 viewsmrshallisfit

Still one of my favourite jokes of the 1980s though. Whats the difference between the Aussie soap Neighbours and Norman Tebbit. Ones got a Mrs Mangle; the others got a mangled Mrs.
RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 17:51 - Dec 22 with 563 viewsGlasgowBlue

RIP Margaret Tebbitt (n/t) on 17:26 - Dec 22 by mrshallisfit

Still one of my favourite jokes of the 1980s though. Whats the difference between the Aussie soap Neighbours and Norman Tebbit. Ones got a Mrs Mangle; the others got a mangled Mrs.

You are an utter dickhead.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024