Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now 10:43 - Dec 29 with 1325 viewsSteve_M

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/england-hospitals-covid-patients-londo

Badger has alluded to this in this place of work already but, if hospitals are at capacity, there is nowhere for new covid patients to go (and it is impossible to run other services properly).

Separately, journalists are showing frustration that the NHS is restricting access to cover covid properly.

https://twentynineagency.com/seeing-is-believing/

Still Captain Tom - nice holiday he had in Barbados over Christmas - and clapping and all that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 10:54 - Dec 29 with 1273 viewsStokieBlue

I don't understand what the delay is in implementing tier 4 across the country. It's inevitable, multiple teams of modellers have said it's the absolute least that is required along with (unfortunately) closing schools if there is any hope of getting R<1 given the new variant.

Just looking at NthQldITFC local covid modelling link it says there are ~1150 cases per 100,000 here (it's never been that high) with an R of approximately 1.6 even with tier 4.

The longer things are delayed the worse it's going to get in the hospitals. They seem to be treating it like it's the same virus as in April and that is unfortunately not the case.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 10:57 - Dec 29 with 1251 viewsRadlett_blue

What happened to all these Nightingale hospitals which were hastily erected? Or have the government realised that a hospital without staff to run it is as near useless as can be?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 11:24 - Dec 29 with 1212 viewsMookamoo

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 10:57 - Dec 29 by Radlett_blue

What happened to all these Nightingale hospitals which were hastily erected? Or have the government realised that a hospital without staff to run it is as near useless as can be?

Any ex-clinical staff from my wife's NHS trust that are willing to come back are getting ready to administer the vaccine. Very few want anything to do with the Covid wards.
Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 11:36 - Dec 29 with 1169 viewsFreddies_Ears

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 10:57 - Dec 29 by Radlett_blue

They are being dismantled, as it is clear that there are insufficient staff to run them. Makes me wonder whether their construction was merely for political purposes?
Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 11:43 - Dec 29 with 1145 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He's a Sir now so it's allowed!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 11:45 - Dec 29 with 1134 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 11:36 - Dec 29 by Freddies_Ears

They are being dismantled, as it is clear that there are insufficient staff to run them. Makes me wonder whether their construction was merely for political purposes?

...it seems we have no army medical corp. either!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 11:58 - Dec 29 with 1103 viewsMookamoo

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 11:45 - Dec 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

...it seems we have no army medical corp. either!

The cavalry are the St John's Ambulance. They're the ones who have been called to arms. They've abandoned the hospitals in favour of getting the vaccine out.
Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:11 - Dec 29 with 1071 viewseastwell_blue

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 10:54 - Dec 29 by StokieBlue

I don't understand what the delay is in implementing tier 4 across the country. It's inevitable, multiple teams of modellers have said it's the absolute least that is required along with (unfortunately) closing schools if there is any hope of getting R<1 given the new variant.

Just looking at NthQldITFC local covid modelling link it says there are ~1150 cases per 100,000 here (it's never been that high) with an R of approximately 1.6 even with tier 4.

The longer things are delayed the worse it's going to get in the hospitals. They seem to be treating it like it's the same virus as in April and that is unfortunately not the case.

SB

With this Government's record of leaving decisions until too late and you don't understand the delay?
Login to get fewer ads

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:15 - Dec 29 with 1044 viewsStokieBlue

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:11 - Dec 29 by eastwell_blue

With this Government's record of leaving decisions until too late and you don't understand the delay?

Well yes, however the discussions don't even seem to be happening.

SB

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:19 - Dec 29 with 1035 viewseastwell_blue

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:15 - Dec 29 by StokieBlue

Well yes, however the discussions don't even seem to be happening.

SB

Does this Government discuss anything with anyone except if it involves dishing out cash to their friends?
Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:33 - Dec 29 with 994 viewsNthQldITFC

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:19 - Dec 29 by eastwell_blue

Does this Government discuss anything with anyone except if it involves dishing out cash to their friends?

If I had the ear of Johnson I'd tell him that I'm willing to put aside all of my (justified imho) prejudices against him, and give him a hearty, unconditional "Well done Boris", if he can act swiftly and decisively today to put heavy transmission supression measures in place immediately.

Failure to act swiftly and decisively once again, is imho, tantamount to a crime against the people of this country.

But we all have to try to speak and act from an open and free-minded position, rather than an entrenched egotistical place, more so now than ever.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:37 - Dec 29 with 981 viewsStokieBlue

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:33 - Dec 29 by NthQldITFC

If I had the ear of Johnson I'd tell him that I'm willing to put aside all of my (justified imho) prejudices against him, and give him a hearty, unconditional "Well done Boris", if he can act swiftly and decisively today to put heavy transmission supression measures in place immediately.

Failure to act swiftly and decisively once again, is imho, tantamount to a crime against the people of this country.

But we all have to try to speak and act from an open and free-minded position, rather than an entrenched egotistical place, more so now than ever.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/29/tier-5-england-faces-possible-new-

Pretty much all the experts are now saying tier 4 won't bring the R below 1 given the new variant and that all of England should already be tier 4 and that there should be a tier 5 which is basically closing schools and pretty much anything else that can close I assume.

It needs to be done today like you've said and a lot of people won't like it, but hard to see there is any other reasonable course of action.

SB

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:48 - Dec 29 with 953 viewsgiant_stow

Seeing a few anecdotal reports that both the two local hospitals (whipps cross and homerton) are full and sending ambulances elsewhere.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 15:55 - Dec 29 with 832 viewsStokieBlue

Piece in the Independent on the situation in hospitals now on 12:48 - Dec 29 by giant_stow

Seeing a few anecdotal reports that both the two local hospitals (whipps cross and homerton) are full and sending ambulances elsewhere.

Unfortunately it's probably true, they had to close their children's ward about a week ago:

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024