Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket... 05:47 - Jan 14 with 2982 viewsbluewein

My cat's always a noisy little bastard at around 4 in the morning, so I've happily used it as a tactical alarm for the beginning of the test match.

3 overs played in half an hour due to delays in an empty ground because of a dodgy sight screen.

Test cricket. Please don't ever change...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 5:58]

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Cricket... on 06:13 - Jan 14 with 2529 viewsjimsymBLUE

Good start for our boys. 50-3. Think I'll become pretty nocturnal over the next week or so being off work. Also not at all jealous of the lone England fan sat up on the Fort.... Lucky b*****d.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Cricket... on 06:18 - Jan 14 with 2522 viewsbluewein

Cricket... on 06:13 - Jan 14 by jimsymBLUE

Good start for our boys. 50-3. Think I'll become pretty nocturnal over the next week or so being off work. Also not at all jealous of the lone England fan sat up on the Fort.... Lucky b*****d.

Very good start. Sri Lanka batting a bit suspect but Im not gonna complain.

That 1 lad out there is indeed a lucky fella. Galle is a massive bucket list for me, and this guys got the whole of it to himself...

Cricket... on 06:43 - Jan 14 with 2492 viewsjimsymBLUE

Cricket... on 06:18 - Jan 14 by bluewein

That 1 lad out there is indeed a lucky fella. Galle is a massive bucket list for me, and this guys got the whole of it to himself...

Yeah Galle is the nuts. Well the whole Island is really, locals are so hospitable, if you love your cricket you can chat for hours. Curries, beaches, mesmeric train journeys, temples... an absolute must for any fan. I'll be out there again next time England tour (god willing)

Cricket... on 07:37 - Jan 14 with 2434 viewsSteve_M

Sri Lanka's batting had obviously improved, they looked very comfortable by the time I put the TV on and it was looking like they were well set.

Two wickets in two overs and England in a very good position.

WFH has definitely got better from today.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket... on 07:52 - Jan 14 with 2409 viewsbluewein

Cricket... on 07:37 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Sri Lanka's batting had obviously improved, they looked very comfortable by the time I put the TV on and it was looking like they were well set.

Two wickets in two overs and England in a very good position.

WFH has definitely got better from today.

Went for a run at lunch and missed the first 20 minutes, but it looks like they've reverted back to early morning batting.

Also, maybe it's my Somerset bias kicking in, but Leach looks class. Badly treated over the last year, think he ended up playing the last game if the season for Somerset (?) otherwise he's been sat in hotel rooms and bubbles with barely any cricket. Hopefully he carries on as he's started...

Cricket... on 08:02 - Jan 14 with 2398 viewssolemio

Cricket... on 07:52 - Jan 14 by bluewein

Went for a run at lunch and missed the first 20 minutes, but it looks like they've reverted back to early morning batting.

Also, maybe it's my Somerset bias kicking in, but Leach looks class. Badly treated over the last year, think he ended up playing the last game if the season for Somerset (?) otherwise he's been sat in hotel rooms and bubbles with barely any cricket. Hopefully he carries on as he's started...

Jack Leach is a classy cricketer and a classy human being. I got chatting a few years back to his former junior school class teacher and he said that even at age 10/11 it was obvious that Jack was exceptional. The way he has dealt with his serious health problems has been admirable.

The teacher said that Jack had an elder brother who had more cricket ability than Jack, but did not have the application and attitude needed.

I am a Somerset member and I can honestly say that I have never heard anyone at Taunton say a bad word about Leachy.
Cricket... on 08:03 - Jan 14 with 2393 viewsbournemouthblue

On a side note, it's good to see Joe Denly gone but I assume Ollie Pope is injured?

I assume Stokes may have other issues and Anderson is it likely to play home series now?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 11:36]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Cricket... on 08:11 - Jan 14 with 2375 viewsjimsymBLUE

Cricket... on 08:03 - Jan 14 by bournemouthblue

On a side note, it's good to see Joe Denly gone but I assume Ollie Pope is injured?

I assume Stokes may have other issues and Anderson is it likely to play home series now?

They're being very careful with Pope's shoulder. He's on the tour but won't be risked until India leg apparently. Scored runs in the warm up game.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket... on 08:14 - Jan 14 with 2364 viewsbluewein

Cricket... on 08:03 - Jan 14 by bournemouthblue

Pope had major shoulder surgery in the summer so is still making his way back to fitness. Think they're looking to rotate Anderson and Broad in this series...

Cricket... on 08:38 - Jan 14 with 2329 viewscatch74

Cricket... on 06:43 - Jan 14 by jimsymBLUE

Yeah Galle is the nuts. Well the whole Island is really, locals are so hospitable, if you love your cricket you can chat for hours. Curries, beaches, mesmeric train journeys, temples... an absolute must for any fan. I'll be out there again next time England tour (god willing)

Not sure if this is the guy but I’m pretty sure I read that someone had moved out to Sri Lanka 5 months ago to make sure they could watch the cricket. Fair play - sounds amazing from what you say. May need to accidentally book a holiday there when the cricket is on.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Cricket... on 08:52 - Jan 14 with 2307 viewsSteve_M

Sri Lanka's batting in the last hour has been abysmal. Very funny too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket... on 08:56 - Jan 14 with 2301 viewsgordon

That run-out review should have out shouldn't it? The bat clearly wasn't grounded.
Cricket... on 08:58 - Jan 14 with 2292 viewsMookamoo

What a magnificent snapshot of England over the last few years. Passionately shouting into the wind.
Cricket... on 09:00 - Jan 14 with 2279 viewsSaleAway

Cricket... on 08:56 - Jan 14 by gordon

That run-out review should have out shouldn't it? The bat clearly wasn't grounded.

absolutely

Sri Lankan batsman clearly agreed, by throwing his wicket away next over.

That is the cheapest test 5-fer I think I've ever seen. Ridiculous.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Cricket... on 09:00 - Jan 14 with 2278 viewsgordon

Nice flock of Little Egrets in the Third Man / Long On area too.
Cricket... on 09:01 - Jan 14 with 2272 viewsbluewein

Cricket... on 08:52 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Sri Lanka's batting in the last hour has been abysmal. Very funny too.

That was absolutely horrendous. A few players still think they're playing Sri Lanka PL...

Cricket... on 09:17 - Jan 14 with 2223 viewsGeorge25

Some of them shots😂😂
Cricket... on 09:30 - Jan 14 with 2206 viewsgordon

Wonder if a test team have ever had their third highest run-scorer in the XI down to come in at 11?
Cricket... on 09:33 - Jan 14 with 2195 viewsIpswichKnight

All of the England XI apart from Lawrence on debut have made a test 50!
Cricket... on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 2172 viewsgordon

Cricket... on 09:00 - Jan 14 by gordon

Nice flock of Little Egrets in the Third Man / Long On area too.

Also that one on it's own at point with the crows is an Intermediate Egret rather than a Little Egret.
Cricket... on 09:51 - Jan 14 with 2153 viewsSaleAway

Nice to see our very own Sprucey getting involved with cricket too..

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Cricket... on 09:53 - Jan 14 with 2145 viewsjimsymBLUE

Cricket... on 08:58 - Jan 14 by Mookamoo

What a magnificent snapshot of England over the last few years. Passionately shouting into the wind.

The lone fan, who'd waited 10 months to watch the cricket was removed from the Fort along with his flags by SL authority after two overs.
Ah I see we're playing t20 too ffs.

Cricket... on 09:53 - Jan 14 with 2137 viewsgainsboroughblue

We sound determined to be as appalling with the bat.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket... on 09:55 - Jan 14 with 2129 viewsgordon

Cricket... on 09:53 - Jan 14 by jimsymBLUE

The lone fan, who'd waited 10 months to watch the cricket was removed from the Fort along with his flags by SL authority after two overs.
Ah I see we're playing t20 too ffs.

Really poor from Zak Crawley, didn't look in any trouble at all, just push it around at 2 an over. Couple of good balls from Sri Lanka now and it's even.
Cricket... on 10:18 - Jan 14 with 2090 viewsgordon

Cricket... on 09:45 - Jan 14 by gordon

Also that one on it's own at point with the crows is an Intermediate Egret rather than a Little Egret.

Can now confirm that they are all Intermediate Egrets not Little Egrets.

Little Egrets have yellow feet and a black bill, Intermediate Egrets have a yellow bill and black feet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024