Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. 10:59 - Jan 15 with 657 viewsDubtractor

“We were on a decent little run before we got hit by the virus and we wanted to keep it ticking over."

Last 6 games were:

LLDWLW

And the two wins were, lets be honest, far from convincing and against very poor teams.

The expectation levels have fallen WAY too low at our club. This isn't a new observation I know.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:15 - Jan 15 with 559 viewsLankHenners

There's no drive from the top of the club and naturally that feeds down the line to the players.

Similarly, I hope this was prompted by a question on the subject and he just gave a media trained answer rather than offering it up himself: "There’s no excuse culture at this club — the manager wouldn’t let that happen". Unbelievable.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:17 - Jan 15 with 546 viewsBlueBadger

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:15 - Jan 15 by LankHenners

There's no drive from the top of the club and naturally that feeds down the line to the players.

Similarly, I hope this was prompted by a question on the subject and he just gave a media trained answer rather than offering it up himself: "There’s no excuse culture at this club — the manager wouldn’t let that happen". Unbelievable.

Presumably because he prefers to do the excuse-making himself?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:18 - Jan 15 with 549 viewsfooters

It's a tough league. Plenty of good teams. And so on.

We might as well face it, we're going to be here a while. Can you imagine what would happen to this team if we got promoted under Lambert? We'd be the Sheffield Utd of the Championship. Depressing.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:21 - Jan 15 with 534 viewsBlueBadger

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:18 - Jan 15 by footers

It's a tough league. Plenty of good teams. And so on.

We might as well face it, we're going to be here a while. Can you imagine what would happen to this team if we got promoted under Lambert? We'd be the Sheffield Utd of the Championship. Depressing.

We wouldn't be Sheffield United, we'd be Norwich. Lambert would be running with the whole 'we're the best team to get get relegated from the Championship' nonsense. And people would be forgarving him for it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:28 - Jan 15 with 500 viewsHerbivore

There's a collective delusion at the club currently that is really quite troubling. What they think is happening versus what is actually happening just doesn't tally up.

Lambert doesn't really want to be here and is just waiting for ME to pay him off at this point. He'll continue trotting out excuses and platitudes to try and preserve whatever is left of his reputation. The club is an utter shambles.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:38 - Jan 15 with 446 viewsPinewoodblue

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:28 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

There's a collective delusion at the club currently that is really quite troubling. What they think is happening versus what is actually happening just doesn't tally up.

Lambert doesn't really want to be here and is just waiting for ME to pay him off at this point. He'll continue trotting out excuses and platitudes to try and preserve whatever is left of his reputation. The club is an utter shambles.

Players are at different stages in their careers. We have plenty of senior players who’s ambition is to carry on playing for another season or two. Others know that how they perform over the rest of this season is going to impact on their future in the game,

Older player have different ambitions to those younger. Some of them probably have a better chance of another year here if we are in the third tier. Ward’s comments seem to be a good example of that.

Woolfenden’s comments, post Swindon, reflect a totally different view. They are both honest views.

Lambert’s views are also honest, they reflect someone who feels drained, washed out. Not totally down to Covid but it doesn’t help.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 12:28 - Jan 15 with 355 viewsHerbivore

A quote from Ward in Phil's article struck me.. on 11:38 - Jan 15 by Pinewoodblue

Players are at different stages in their careers. We have plenty of senior players who’s ambition is to carry on playing for another season or two. Others know that how they perform over the rest of this season is going to impact on their future in the game,

Older player have different ambitions to those younger. Some of them probably have a better chance of another year here if we are in the third tier. Ward’s comments seem to be a good example of that.

Woolfenden’s comments, post Swindon, reflect a totally different view. They are both honest views.

Lambert’s views are also honest, they reflect someone who feels drained, washed out. Not totally down to Covid but it doesn’t help.

Nah. They're utterly delusional.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024