Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook 22:31 - Mar 1 with 1357 viewsCustardCream

Apologies for this, I realise this topic will have been done to death recently.

Looks like the opinion of Cook on here is a bit mixed so wanted to weigh in. As a town fan who lives in Portsmouth, I’ve probably been to Fratton Park more than Portman Road in my time (a crime I know). I can tell you from first hand experience this guy is the real deal, I went to a lot of games the season he won league 2 with Pompey and they absolutely loved him, and they aren’t the easiest bunch to please.

If it’s to be believed that he’ll be here before the end of the week, do not be surprised if we push on and get top 6. His style of football is mainly possession based, there were one or two games I saw of Pompey that were reminiscent of our tippy tappy early season games but for the most part it’s fast paced exciting attacking football.

It’s a big yes from me, mad that in my mid 20s this is the most optimistic I’ve been about the future of my club, barring the wins at the valley and vicarage road in our play off season. It feels great to be a town fan again at the moment
Paul Cook on 22:43 - Mar 1 with 1259 viewsRedX

When Cook was managing in the League of Ireland with Sligo, he was very highly regarded by the fans of all clubs. Very genuine guy, and was not only seen as a huge loss to Sligo when he left, but also the league itself.

Delighted to think he'll hopefully be our next manager.
Paul Cook on 22:55 - Mar 1 with 1189 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am trying hard not to get too excited by this because it is the hope that kills you and we have had our fingers burnt so many times.

However, he does sound like a far better prospect than our last two punts. It seems like he is the new consortium's man and not an Evans punt.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Paul Cook on 23:04 - Mar 1 with 1128 viewsOsborneOneNil

I’m over the moon. It’s who I’ve wanted here for over a year.
Paul Cook on 23:06 - Mar 1 with 1116 viewsunstableblue

Wigan mate view on Cook (REALLY positive) by unstableblue 1 Mar 2021 13:04
Received from a mate who is a hardcore Wigan fan:

"I loved Paul Cook, great brand of football. Real character and a football person.
Went to a few fans forums when he was speaking.
Really gets fans and the club.
Used to play for us in the 80s.

Look at his track record, improved every team he has been in charge off.

Wish he was still here."

What's not to like!!??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Paul Cook on 08:05 - Mar 2 with 804 viewsHullblue

Do you have any idea how influential his assistant and staff were at Portsmouth?

In general I’m feeling optimistic too - just slightly concerned that it looks like he’s not going to be able to bring his staff with him. Don’t want this to be a Lambert without Culverhouse situation.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Paul Cook on 08:11 - Mar 2 with 770 viewsSwansea_Blue

Never heard of him

It’s handy having agents like us out in the field watching other teams. You get a different perspective on things that can sometimes come in useful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Cook on 08:11 - Mar 2 with 772 viewsLeoMuff

sadly we could have Pep or Klopp in charge and we would still struggle, the key piece of the puzzle is the takeover going through. This club needs top to bottom change.t

I should clarify that he is my first choice and I will be very happy if this happens...
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 8:18]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Paul Cook on 08:16 - Mar 2 with 729 viewsWallingford_Boy

Paul Cook on 23:04 - Mar 1 by OsborneOneNil

I’m over the moon. It’s who I’ve wanted here for over a year.

Still prefer Danny Cowley..

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook on 08:31 - Mar 2 with 678 viewspennblue

Paul Cook on 08:05 - Mar 2 by Hullblue

Do you have any idea how influential his assistant and staff were at Portsmouth?

In general I’m feeling optimistic too - just slightly concerned that it looks like he’s not going to be able to bring his staff with him. Don’t want this to be a Lambert without Culverhouse situation.

Sounds like one of his ex assistants is only caretaker so could be poachable.

Important to get the right balance of harmony in that manager + coaches setup.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024