Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last nights game 08:35 - Mar 10 with 582 viewsdavblue

It wasn't a great performance, it was pretty average if we are honest but there were some encouraging signs.

At times we tried to play quicker passing football, but we reverted to type again which is understandable after 4 or 5 days of training.

Wingers got into some good positions but the crossing was awful.

Full backs were pushing on more giving us a chance of overlaps.

Bishop in the 10 position, certainly 1st half was good at times.

We need to get consistency in our style before we can hope to step forward. At the minute it's going to be about hanging in touch with the play offs and hoping we can have a late charge.
Last nights game on 09:05 - Mar 10 with 504 viewsBasuco

I thought it was a good performance and showed that we have the quality to compete against a very good side. First half Lincoln looked the best side we have faced so far this season and that was certainly a very good attacking performance from them. Second half PC made some changes and it was largely all Town, first to every second ball and dominated play. A big concern was when crosses came in we had minimal goal threat with Norwood marked by two CB's. Downes, Bishop and Dozzell were really good in midfield. After the dismal hoof and run display at Gillingham it was a great relief to see some very good passing football. I think that we pushed Lincoln back and they did not sit back and let us attack them, but it is always difficult to tell which way round it was. Overall I am much more upbeat than I was Saturday evening.
Last nights game on 09:12 - Mar 10 with 483 viewsBseaBlue

You can see the game plan is there, its just the execution of it that was missing. When Judge came on he was looking for the ball alot which helped.

I would like to see Judge in the 10 Saturday with Bishop next to Downes in the middle.
The main positive to take was that we played one of..... on 09:18 - Mar 10 with 467 viewsBloots

...the best teams in the league, who played as if they were one of the best teams in the league.

Unlike Hull, and to a lesser degree Donny.

We stayed in the game and effectively made them settle for a point.

It was still fairly pedestrian football from us for large parts of the game, and there was a frustrating lack of urgency at stages.

The main issue remains the lack of both goal threat and chances created, but Cook sees that and isn't denying it, so that is also positive.

Dozzell is a huge enigma, I still don't think he influences games enough, we can't afford to have a luxury player drifting in and out of games in the hope that he might pull off a killer pass.

There was no lack of commitment from any of them, but there's still a lack of creativity and guile.

Hopefully work on the training pitch will improve this, it's time for Cook to go to work properly.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Last nights game on 09:42 - Mar 10 with 404 viewsjayessess

Some bits of the game you could definitely see some positive changes. Potentially Bishop-Downes and Dozzell has a really good balance as a midfield 3 and I think we should be persisting with it as much as possible.

Lincoln seem to be a good defensive side away from home, which in part explains why we struggled to create clear cut chances. But when we did get in good areas there's very little decisiveness, which doesn't help. A lot of the time it's not just that we're executing things badly, we're actually just dwelling on the ball until there's nothing on. I wonder if encouraging players to take an early shot or cross on might address some of that. Better a speculative shot at goal than trying to pick a through ball to a forward with 2 markers on them. It might also force teams to defend us differently.

The crossing was dire, but part of the problem is that a lot of them were very low quality crossing positions - wingers under pressure, trying to hit 1 maybe 2 men in the box. We really need to encourage at least 3, often 4 to be getting in there consistently.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024