Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards and Bennetts 23:51 - Mar 9 with 1220 viewsITFC_96

Neither are good enough unfortunately. Edwards had a good run at the start of the season... but...

In the past combined 1800 minutes they have just 1 goal and 1 assist between them.
Edwards and Bennetts on 23:52 - Mar 9 with 1210 viewsSpruceMoose

You say good enough. Good enough for what though? Are they capable of doing what Cook requires of them. That's the question. And one he will resolve one way or another in time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Edwards and Bennetts on 23:55 - Mar 9 with 1189 viewsITFC_96

Edwards and Bennetts on 23:52 - Mar 9 by SpruceMoose

You say good enough. Good enough for what though? Are they capable of doing what Cook requires of them. That's the question. And one he will resolve one way or another in time.

Good enough to keep their place in the squad, or to get the team promoted. The only chance of promotion is getting lucky enough to get into the playoffs, and getting lucky enough to also win the playoff games...
Edwards and Bennetts on 01:36 - Mar 10 with 1106 viewsbournemouthblue

Edwards and Bennetts on 23:55 - Mar 9 by ITFC_96

Good enough to keep their place in the squad, or to get the team promoted. The only chance of promotion is getting lucky enough to get into the playoffs, and getting lucky enough to also win the playoff games...

Neither are good enough for the squad, that is some claim!

If we had a dirth of wingers, I might agree with you but these are probably the best two we have currently, I appreciate that maybe a problem in the long term but in the short term we need to work with them and try and get the best out of them.

Dobra and Lankester may develop into better players in the long run, Lankester sooner than Dobra but these are probably the best two we have at the moment, particularly in what is a physical division.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Edwards and Bennetts on 01:40 - Mar 10 with 1102 viewschrismakin

Edwards and Bennetts on 01:36 - Mar 10 by bournemouthblue

Neither are good enough for the squad, that is some claim!

If we had a dirth of wingers, I might agree with you but these are probably the best two we have currently, I appreciate that maybe a problem in the long term but in the short term we need to work with them and try and get the best out of them.

Dobra and Lankester may develop into better players in the long run, Lankester sooner than Dobra but these are probably the best two we have at the moment, particularly in what is a physical division.

Look at Lincolns options today

Johnson and Rogers were excellent

If only we had that quality in our squad, yet people seem baffled that we weren't able to beat Lincoln with ease as they were once a conference side

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:02 - Mar 10 with 979 viewsBluefish

The way people are going after Bennetts so hard is bizarre. His balance and ability to drop a shoulder and always make space in tight areas in outstanding. He needs to develop the decision making for the final ball and a little bit of composure but that comes with experience and is a lot easier than trying to learn the things he naturally does well. He may not be the right player for us right now but saying he doesn't have ability is odd, he has bags of natural ability he just needs to learn to use it effectively

Edwards isn't a footballer as has been displayed over and over again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:03 - Mar 10 with 972 viewschrismakin

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:02 - Mar 10 by Bluefish

The way people are going after Bennetts so hard is bizarre. His balance and ability to drop a shoulder and always make space in tight areas in outstanding. He needs to develop the decision making for the final ball and a little bit of composure but that comes with experience and is a lot easier than trying to learn the things he naturally does well. He may not be the right player for us right now but saying he doesn't have ability is odd, he has bags of natural ability he just needs to learn to use it effectively

I think because Bennetts isn't ours, it's painful to watch him when we have Dobra for example in the u23s

I would like to see Bennetts on the left see what thats like
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 8:05]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:06 - Mar 10 with 959 viewsBluefish

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:03 - Mar 10 by chrismakin

I think because Bennetts isn't ours, it's painful to watch him when we have Dobra for example in the u23s

I would like to see Bennetts on the left see what thats like
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 8:05]

Completely agree with that but he is getting a lot of abuse (lots on social media) that seems OTT. Last night was crying out for players to beat a man in the 2nd half when they retreated and we kept playing safe passes. If a team matches you up then you have to have players that can beat a man a create an overload

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:09 - Mar 10 with 944 viewschrismakin

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:06 - Mar 10 by Bluefish

Completely agree with that but he is getting a lot of abuse (lots on social media) that seems OTT. Last night was crying out for players to beat a man in the 2nd half when they retreated and we kept playing safe passes. If a team matches you up then you have to have players that can beat a man a create an overload

Problem is, it's not just his crossing that he struggles with, even last night he kept running into trouble or passing it out of play from 3 yards.

I like him, but im also glad there are no crowds at the moment as I think he'd be moaned at alot

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:12 - Mar 10 with 934 viewsBluefish

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:09 - Mar 10 by chrismakin

Problem is, it's not just his crossing that he struggles with, even last night he kept running into trouble or passing it out of play from 3 yards.

I like him, but im also glad there are no crowds at the moment as I think he'd be moaned at alot

He is young, black and flashy, there was never any doubt he was going to struggle with our fans. He didn't kick it off the pitch as much as Edwards and Edwards has been doing it all season. He has had people defending all season though

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:13 - Mar 10 with 927 viewsArnieM

Edwards is great so long as he feel , on the day, he’s the one that had the upper hand with his opposing defender. As soon as a defender gives as good as him, he “disappears“. This happened again last night. He doesn’t like to fight for the right to play his game.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:16 - Mar 10 with 919 viewschrismakin

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:12 - Mar 10 by Bluefish

He is young, black and flashy, there was never any doubt he was going to struggle with our fans. He didn't kick it off the pitch as much as Edwards and Edwards has been doing it all season. He has had people defending all season though

Oh don't get me started on Edwards last night, he's a very strange player, one minute he's above average, the next, league 2 level

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:19 - Mar 10 with 910 viewsIpswichKnight

Edwards will be playing in the championship next season I’m not sure we will!
Edwards and Bennetts on 08:21 - Mar 10 with 904 viewschrismakin

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:19 - Mar 10 by IpswichKnight

Edwards will be playing in the championship next season I’m not sure we will!

Will he?

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:30 - Mar 10 with 871 viewsjayessess

The reality is that we've struggled to make chances and get shots in on goal regardless of who has played this season. It's a collective problem and it's not going to be solved just be rotating the personnel a bit.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:32 - Mar 10 with 861 viewsBluefish

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:21 - Mar 10 by chrismakin

Will he?

Probably because clubs love quick players and he is available for free. His stats will show he had some goals and assts and show him popping up in the box. It I'll ignore they were taps ins and most of the assists were unintentional

He will get found again when he gets there

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:45 - Mar 10 with 843 viewsGuthrum

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:02 - Mar 10 by Bluefish

The problem is that all the positive things you mention (his pace, ability to make runs and beat players) are negated by the other aspect - poor decisionmaking on when to cross. There's little point if he gets into a great position but the ball runs over the by-line for a goal kick.

That may well come with training and experience, but it's not a lot of use to ITFC now, when we need effective crosses to create chances on goal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Edwards and Bennetts on 09:53 - Mar 10 with 733 viewsGarv

Edwards and Bennetts on 08:45 - Mar 10 by Guthrum

The problem is that all the positive things you mention (his pace, ability to make runs and beat players) are negated by the other aspect - poor decisionmaking on when to cross. There's little point if he gets into a great position but the ball runs over the by-line for a goal kick.

That may well come with training and experience, but it's not a lot of use to ITFC now, when we need effective crosses to create chances on goal.

I'd argue he was the most likely last night to play a telling forward pass. Two or three times he dropped balls in behind for Norwood and Parrot to get onto and they were usually met with a thumbs up. No one else really tries that. We try and pass through or around the opposition, hoping that something changes. Bennetts is frustrating, but he's more adventurous than most.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024