Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
subtle, dad like warning from PC 02:33 - Mar 5 with 1675 viewstextbackup

saying he speaks to MM

Then saying about fans can be the 10th man and have a negative impact.

anyone else think "oh fck, he knows about all that, better behave"

-----------

said over on twitter, if you cross him I bet you fcking know it, reckon he gives 1, maybe two warnings then you're done

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 03:15 - Mar 5 with 1610 viewsjeera

He's right though isn't he.

We all like a moan, but when the team aren't performing you support them and try to lift them, not slag them off as a collective and then wonder why it's not working.

There was some game a few years back, I can't remember which, where Spurs were 3 down or similar, and their stands erupted all around the ground with support.

I watched that and thought there was a time PR was like that. That's how it's supposed to be.

Now all some of our fans want to do is single someone out and pick on them.

As he says, do the complaining afterwards over a beer.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 05:26 - Mar 5 with 1526 viewstextbackup

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 03:15 - Mar 5 by jeera

We all like a moan, but when the team aren't performing you support them and try to lift them, not slag them off as a collective and then wonder why it's not working.

There was some game a few years back, I can't remember which, where Spurs were 3 down or similar, and their stands erupted all around the ground with support.

I watched that and thought there was a time PR was like that. That's how it's supposed to be.

it is suppose to be that way, whether its just taken its toll over the years I don't know.

but many of those around me in the NS are gagging to moan, and very very rarely support the team. too busy checking phones for in play betting on other games

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 07:25 - Mar 5 with 1281 viewsHerbivore

I remember the game where we came from 2-0 against Sheffield United to win 3-2 with 10 men back in 2003. The atmosphere that day was incredible, very much made up for us being a man down on the pitch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 07:38 - Mar 5 with 1223 viewsvapour_trail

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 05:26 - Mar 5 by textbackup

it is suppose to be that way, whether its just taken its toll over the years I don't know.

but many of those around me in the NS are gagging to moan, and very very rarely support the team. too busy checking phones for in play betting on other games

It would be fair enough I think if it was a case of the years taking their toll.

But it’s not.

I remember it being that way in the NS, first year down after relegation from the Prem under Burley. I found it utterly bizarre that the support suddenly coalesced around Lambert as he was taking us on a trip to division three.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 07:39 - Mar 5 with 1220 viewsFixed_It

He is spot--on. The 17 years of hurt have taken their toll at Portman Road and as a fanbase we can be very negative. It can't help.
He speaks as a Liverpool fan of course, so will know all about how a crowd can lift their team.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 08:11 - Mar 5 with 1102 viewsChurchman

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 07:39 - Mar 5 by Fixed_It

He is spot--on. The 17 years of hurt have taken their toll at Portman Road and as a fanbase we can be very negative. It can't help.
He speaks as a Liverpool fan of course, so will know all about how a crowd can lift their team.

I think that the club losing its identity, being so fractured for so long hasn’t helped. Awful owner, mostly dreadful managers, rubbish teams and a feeling of drifting downwards really since Royle’s valiant efforts is part of it.

I actually think players and managers get quite an easy ride at Ipswich. In some of the earliest away games I attended in the 70s I went to places like Spurs and WHU, I couldn’t believe how quickly they started on the players. At Torquay, where my parents lived for a while in the 80s, people would gather round the tunnel to give the players stick as they ran out!

If the club has direction and purpose, the majority will buy into that. There will always be moaners and people chipping away at certain players, but most people just want a little better than what’s been served up for years on end.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 8:19]
subtle, dad like warning from PC on 08:16 - Mar 5 with 1073 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Basically like every other fanbase then.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 8:19]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 10:55 - Mar 5 with 840 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Are you telling me that if the fans were inside the ground this season the team wouldn't have been booed off the pitch most weeks? Because Ipswich fans would have booed them off, it started last season.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 757 viewsBluespeed225

subtle, dad like warning from PC on 05:26 - Mar 5 by textbackup

This.
a bout 3 seasons ago there was a group of about 6 lads, back row, block 4 in north Stand, utterly obsessed with in game betting. 'Cash out mate', Chelsea are winning, Brighton scored' etc. Don't think they looked at the game they were paying, with season tickets i imagine, to watch! Pathetic. Ended up my seat mate and neighbour, an 'ex 70's/80's lad', turned round and told them to stf up, few words, I backed my mate up, they shut up, moaned, 'see you outside' etc, 'OK then!'. Never seen them since, life in row W is sweet again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024