Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R.I.P. Lou Ottens 08:31 - Mar 11 with 742 viewsPendejo

No, I'd never heard of him, or knew of the impact he'd had on my life til I saw this story on BBC website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56355444

I can't imagine a car without being able to listen to my own playlist; recordings of music from radio or vinyl, and later CDs.

My youngest two offspring don't even know what CDs are.

Despite not having a cassette player any more I'm pretty sure I've still got a couple of cassettes stashed away with my football programmes somewhere, mainly mix tapes, but also a Richard Pryor one and a few Bill Cosby ones, the funniest man never to swear... how strange how history will judge them. Prior started a charity saving dogs, Cosby...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 08:42 - Mar 11 with 687 viewsGlasgowBlue

After 45 minutes of his funeral service they are going to take him out of his coffin, turn him over and put him back in.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:41]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 568 viewsBlueBadger

You shag ONE sheep...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 11:40 - Mar 11 with 494 viewsse20blue

R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 08:42 - Mar 11 by GlasgowBlue

After 45 minutes of his funeral service they are going to take him out of his coffin, turn him over and put him back in.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:41]

Or if the service is longer use a C120.
R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 11:42 - Mar 11 with 486 viewsPlums

R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 11:40 - Mar 11 by se20blue

Ooh, risky. Thinner tape - more likely to break!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 11:49 - Mar 11 with 467 viewsWeWereZombies

R.I.P. Lou Ottens on 11:40 - Mar 11 by se20blue

Presumably then the half way point would be marked by having to slot one of those octagonal bodied ball point pens through a spool as you wind him back in (taking care to unravel any loops within loops and untwist twists).

Has the cassette tape ever sorted out the narrow range problem, the clipping of really high and really low frequency notes? In the same way that cassettes were attractive because they did away with scratchy vinyl (until you played the cassette to death, unfortunate turn of phrase in the circumstances) compact discs took over from the cassette very quickly because suddenly the full range of sound was available again (and without the scratches).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024