Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It doesn't get said enough... 22:15 - Mar 16 with 443 viewsTieDyedIn95

Evans Out.

Just because it really is his fault, all of this. I know we cannot force him to sell, but that doesn't change the fact we can't progress a jot until he either changes or we find new owners. I hope I am wrong but I can't see Cook working miracles here.

As much as Pompey and Wigan were hardly well run clubs when Cook at least they'd both won the FA Cup in the last 20 years and played in the top flight as clubs, there was some ambition, something we've not even threatened really in that same period!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

It doesn't get said enough... on 22:25 - Mar 16 with 405 viewsghostofescobar

There a lot of raw feeling on the board tonight, which is understandable. But your point is valid. Nothing really changes at the club til Evans goes. What ever league we are in, PC may have to keep much of this squad and supplement it with our usual round of freebies, loans or, if we are really blessed, spend a couple of hundred grand on a L2 player.

GhostOfEscobar

It doesn't get said enough... on 22:28 - Mar 16 with 394 viewsPique

Yep.

We’ve just been comprehensively outplayed by Fleetwood Town in Division Three.

We can argue all night about players, managers, formations etc, but the fact we are here is almost entirely down to Evans, his neglect and mismanagement of our football club.
It doesn't get said enough... on 22:37 - Mar 16 with 350 viewsStewart27

It doesn't get said enough... on 22:25 - Mar 16 by ghostofescobar

There a lot of raw feeling on the board tonight, which is understandable. But your point is valid. Nothing really changes at the club til Evans goes. What ever league we are in, PC may have to keep much of this squad and supplement it with our usual round of freebies, loans or, if we are really blessed, spend a couple of hundred grand on a L2 player.

Somebody on another thread nonchalantly said that cook would add the players he wants in the summer.

There lies part of the problem. Our fans are deluded.

What evidence is there over the last decade of hell that Cook will be able to build anything that resembles a competitive league one squad, let alone a championship one?
It doesn't get said enough... on 22:42 - Mar 16 with 335 viewsCoastalblue

It doesn't get said enough... on 22:25 - Mar 16 by ghostofescobar

I agree with your overall point, but our wage budget must be huge now for the size of our squad in this division.
If Evans is prepared to just maintain his current level of investent surel a decent manager can build a decent, sensibly sized league one squad with that sort of money?

If we ever get back up then it's a different story I accept that, and I'd love to see new, good owners in place as well who are willing to invest money in the Club overall but let's not forget, Evans' negligence might have been a big part in us being here in the first place but since we've been here, financially he's probably done as much as we could reasonably expect on the playing side.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

It doesn't get said enough... on 22:44 - Mar 16 with 332 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's been said plenty. Some of us have been saying it since Jewell and before that. But we have been constantly been shot down over the money he puts in, like he's some kind of an anomaly to other owners and Town are the only side in the league that loses money.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024